Page 348 of 348 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348
Results 5,206 to 5,213 of 5213

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

And it’s also highly laughable that they criticized her for taping John Kelly firing her in the Situation Room, when the real issue is How the bleeding fuck did she get a recording device into the Situation Room? I mean, shit like that is not supposed to happen. Oh, and why did Kelly have to fire her in the fucking SITUATION ROOM?

Remember when Kelly was promoted as the highly competent adult in the room? Heh.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

There’s a lot to unpack, but first, we have to take her at her word that it was really the Situation Room. She’s as much of a liar as Trump and the rest of his administration, so that could all be bullshit. For all we know it was one of the many non-SCIF conference rooms in the White House.

If she did record something in the Situation Room, then 1) the White House has been lax on the procedural steps required to secure that room which isn’t surprising given how incompetent they’ve been on everything else, 2) Omarosa should be charged because it’s still wrong even if we don’t like Trump, and 3) it’s very much a possibility that other people have done it, and if her phone (or anyone else’s) was compromised there’s a strong possibility that hostile foreign intelligence has recordings from everything being discussed in there at any given time.

Fun thought!

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    2) Omarosa should be charged because it’s still wrong even if we don’t like Trump
    But... what would the charges be? It's not illegal to tape conversations in DC and a secure room NOT being used for classified purposes is just a room. It doesn't have special privileges attached to it, just special security measures.

I mean, throw her in prison if she did something wrong. And I don't think she's any more believable than the administration. But I don't believe what she did that was ILLEGAL and it's perfectly unsurprising.

This is like one of those logic puzzles where one person always lies and one always tells the truth except here both nearly always lie. One of the worst mistakes the WH did was literally starting out with the BIGGEST CROWD EVER on day one. Credibility and reliability is something you have to bank for when you need it, not just to soothe some lunatic's ego.

It's a violation of federal law to illegally record conversations in a SCIF setting. She may be able to claim that John Kelly wasn't talking about anything classified or top secret, especially since she didn't have security clearance, and that she therefore didn't violate the law. But are we sure there aren't more recordings? Are we sure she didn't sit in on discussions where there were classified briefings? We know Kushner was receiving classified info while his security clearance was still being processed. She's now proven that she didn't have a problem illegally recording someone, so what's to say she doesn't have more sensitive material? She really shot herself in the foot with that one.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Yeah, all this does is expose just how dangerous this administration truly is.

Remember when the Republicans claimed that Bill Clinton's affair was a threat to national security? Umm.... now crickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    It's a violation of federal law to illegally record conversations in a SCIF setting. She may be able to claim that John Kelly wasn't talking about anything classified or top secret, especially since she didn't have security clearance, and that she therefore didn't violate the law. But are we sure there aren't more recordings? Are we sure she didn't sit in on discussions where there were classified briefings? We know Kushner was receiving classified info while his security clearance was still being processed. She's now proven that she didn't have a problem illegally recording someone, so what's to say she doesn't have more sensitive material? She really shot herself in the foot with that one.
    I haven't read that it's a law about SCIF settings. I thought it was more to do with WHAT the SCIF was about and its level of security rather than the fancy room itself. I thought it was more... protocol and norms and COMMON SENSE.

Like I said, throw her in prison if she broke a real law, but on the scale of breaches, I'm not losing sleep over THIS one because I don't think she had access to truly sensitive material. Like Kushner does/did. Flynn. Manafort. I also don't think she really has anything other than a need for attention.

There it is. Calk approved a $16mm loan for Paul Manafort even though he knew he didn’t qualify for it because Calk wanted a job in the Trump administration. The definition of pay to play. Now let’s find out how Mnuchin, Wilbur Ross, Betsy DeVos, Scott Pruitt, etc. got their jobs.

These grifters will lie about ANYTHING

If you click on the pictures, a zoom in shows that "friends" did not take the picture but it's a selfie.