Page 294 of 294 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294
Results 4,396 to 4,408 of 4408

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    We did get at least one guilty plea

As always, Spicer’s Mic does a great job of breaking down the indictment. She’s a “law nerd” and is able to explain things in simple terms with highlights, which is helpful for someone who isn’t a law nerd (me). I recommend the whole thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This lays the groundwork for an eventual obstruction charge. The trolls and MAGA morons on twitter are already claiming this is Mueller grasping at straws because it’s all he has, but I think it’s the opposite. I think it’s setting the stage for the case the special counsel is about to make.
    I agree this is another shot across the bow. Whether anything comes of it with our cowardly congress is an entirely different think piece, but this was Mueller saying a) it's Russia and we got receipts and b) come chat with us if you're in the deep end and can't swim re: the "unwitting" wording in the indictments.

This isn't him just trying to change the story or grab headlines or justify his work. I'm sure Hannity will come up with something equally false and gross later. This is him saying "I'm still here and we're still taking calls."

Someone just retweeted that pic of the dinner where Flynn and Putin and Jill Stein were all sitting together and TOTALLY BY COINCIDENCE I'M SURE Sheriff Clarke was also in Moscow and it's just like... These people are so fucking stupid. Part of me is angry that it's taking so long to catch all these cartoon criminals, but I'm also terrified that if we get through this ok, what if the next person isn't so fucking stupid? Like literally that one guy who checked in to foursquare for a Russian meeting. What if they're Cheney-evil and not Trump-greedy?

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be great to have something big break on Monday as well? President's Day and all?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

There are so many minor stories of non-Russian misdeeds from the past, but every time I read them I get super angry anyway

Donald Trump Demolished Priceless Friezes Because He Didn't Want To Wait Two Weeks To Save Them

In 1980, the Bonwit Teller Building in Manhattan was being demolished by noted slumlord Donald Trump to make room for his Temple of Doom, officially known as Trump Tower. The historic building included two large Art Deco friezes, which were considered "as important as the sculptures on the Rockefeller building" by the gallery owner who assessed them. The Metropolitan Museum of Art wanted to acquire them, and they had apparently reached an agreement with Trump on how to save them.

But then it turned out that keeping the friezes intact would delay construction by two whole weeks, and add the exorbitant cost of $32,000 to the Tower's $80-100 million budget.

Since the idea of spending money for the benefit of anyone other than himself is against his whole shtick, Trump simply had the 51-year-old friezes demolished. Workers went at them with torches, crowbars, and jackhammers, then let them plummet to the ground, shattering them into countless pieces.

In response to the ensuing criticism, Trump spokesman John Baron declared that the friezes had been apprised and found to be "without artistic merit." Two problems with that claim: One, the Met passionately disagreed, and they're kind of the experts on this sort of thing. And two, John Baron was a fake name Trump used to speak to the press himself, because he lies about as well as a small child. Presumably he settled on it after rejecting Super Michelangelo, PhD in Art Smarts for being "too amazing of a name named by the best namer."

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Wouldn't it be great to have something big break on Monday as well? President's Day and all?
    I have been calling Monday "Barack Obama Day." I think millions should tweet that Don the Con!

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I have been calling Monday "Barack Obama Day." I think millions should tweet that Don the Con!
    -Adds to calendar-
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Happy Sunday of even-jackson-nixon-harding-buchanan-were-better-Presidents' Day Weekend!

His gift to us is a Sunday morning tweetstorm of crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I'm going to throw that out in my online postings today. Let's try to get it going!
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

FUUUCK the insanity in his tweets, it boggles the mind. And people believe him.

I just don't see how we're recovering from this, y'all

Meanwhile...

Trump administration assault on bipartisan immigration plan ensured its demise

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.0c51d22f3430

As much of the country was gripped Wednesday by horrific images from the mass shooting at a Florida high school, two dozen senior Trump administration officials worked frantically into the night to thwart what they considered a different national security threat.

The looming danger on the minds of the officials was a piece of legislation scheduled for a vote the next day in the Senate. It was designed to spare hundreds of thousands of young immigrants known as “dreamers” from deportation — but to the men and women huddled in a makeshift war room in a Department of Homeland Security facility, the measure would blow open U.S. borders to lawless intruders.

“We’re going to bury it,” one senior administration official told a reporter about 10:30 that evening.

The assault was relentless — a flurry of attacks on the bill from DHS officials and the Justice Department, and a veto threat from the White House — and hours later, the measure died on the Senate floor.

The Trump administration’s extraordinary 11th-hour strategy to sabotage the bill showed how, after weeks of intense bipartisan negotiations on Capitol Hill, it was the White House that emerged as a key obstacle preventing a deal to help the dreamers.

The episode reflected President Trump’s inability — or lack of desire — to cut a deal with his adversaries even when doing so could have yielded a signature domestic policy achievement and delivered the U.S.-Mexico border wall he repeatedly promised during the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I'm going to throw that out in my online postings today. Let's try to get it going!
    Arugh, Millions should tweet that TO Don the Con!