Page 375 of 375 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375
Results 5,611 to 5,625 of 5625

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    You know, he went to the World Series cause he thought he would get a hero's welcome and was mercilessly booed instead, so then he went to the UFC fight and was booed there too. Now, in what is looking more and more like a desperate attempt to not get booed at a sporting event, he's coming here to Alabama this weekend to the U of A football game against LSU. Almost makes me want to go to my first ever college football game just to make sure he gets booed by somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Yes! Today has been TERRIBLE for Trump. Judge ruled no immunity and called the argument “repugnant”, was ordered to turn over tax returns, Mueller notes released and testimony released as well. Shit is about to hit the fan!!!!
    Honestly, I’m exhausted. We’ve been hearing this for three years. The truth is that the shit has been consistently hitting the fan the entire time, but all norms and rules and laws have been thrown out the window and he’s installed sycophants into nearly every level of government to run interference for him. I keep hearing “traditional” conservatives, ie Never Trumpers, blathering on about this being a stress test for the constitution and the rule of law, but so far it looks like he’s won at every turn. You have a large chunk of this country who don’t believe their own eyes and ears when shown proof that he’s a lawless mobster, and that’s when you know it’s over.

I’ll be thrilled if he gets impeached or voted out of office, but even if all that happens, those millions of people who bought into his cult still exist.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I guess we're supposed to feel bad for Shulkin because he was fired from the VA via tweet and maligned and blah blah blah, but Time Magazine published an excerpt from his book and I kinda feel like if you would work for a guy like Trump and you personally saw how crazy it was, then you knew what you were getting into.

Around 11 am on Saturday, Jan 7 2017, I received a call telling me I was expected at Trump Tower in New York City at 2pm that day. After about an hour of panic, driving with my wife Merle on snow-covered roads from Philadelphia, my cell phone rang. It was Reince Priebus. "Sorry not to have called sooner, but we're all set You'll be meeting with the President-elect on Monday at 2pm." Monday, not today.
    Wtf? You're a couple states away and get a call demanding you be some place in THREE HOURS in the snow and you GO? What kind of spineless idiot are you? "Gee, I'd really love to but I don't think I can physically make that happen today." He's not even your boss yet!

Then this. OMG I almost lost my mind.

He met Shulkin finally and was asking his opinion on local hospitals.

"So what's the best hospital in the city?"

"Well, Mr Trump, I think it depends on-"

"You know, I used to think well of this one place, but I know a guy who went in there feeling ok and they just chopped his thing right off! They chopped it off! I wouldn't go there for anything now!"
    Again, wtf? And Shulkin accepted the surprise nomination a couple days later when this fucking lunatic spouted this nonsense at him?

I know the dumbs really want to believe the lies he tells, but how can they believe the giant full of shit whoppers? Have they no obnoxious braggarts in their lives?

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I guess for some, being close to power is the most important thing. Is sure they try to delude themselves into thinking they can keep the train on the rails but it's bullshit. They just want to be close to the power so they ignore the obvious.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

@KFILE
    Trump added, "I thought this was the nicest thing. I said, isn't this nice? He's the nicest guy. He wants to take my son to Neverland. I said, what is Neverland? He'd call and say, 'where is Eric?' Eric went to school and I just couldn't do it and now I'm very happy about it."
    Is this yet another lie? When liars lie about other creepy liars, who do you believe?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I’ll be thrilled if he gets impeached or voted out of office, but even if all that happens, those millions of people who bought into his cult still exist.
    I can't stop thinking about your observation here. It's so true. Our political situation appears to be simultaneously untenable, unworkable, and impossible to improve to any meaningful degree. On some level I think the entire US is adrift in a sea of existential angst upon learning that Rome fell. The realization that we are a nation in potentially irreversible decline.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned enough - and amuses me - is the delicious extent to which the chickens have truly and finally come home to roost on the Republican's Clinton impeachment scam. Dare I look forward to a future day when Dems successfully cock-block a Republican Supreme Court Justice nominee without any meaningful basis whatsoever? Ha. Of course that will never happen.
    (And yes I realize Clinton is somewhat frowned upon these days, but impeached for lying about a sexual affair? That was outright egregious bullshit and utterly ludicrous; you'd think we were a majority Amish nation in our collective shock and awe at the scandal of it all.)

Nothing on earth - most especially blathering Conservatives themselves - will change my core beliefs about the appropriate roles, boundaries, concerns and essential capabilities -and limits- of our government. Our differences in perspectives and motives and whatever else are irreconcilable: they literally exist in diametric opposition to one another. Between that perplexing reality, and the fact that our government was designed from inception to require large degrees of consensus in order to bring about change, what can be done about anything?

I have to believe at some point in the future, we'll be somewhat better off than we are today. Of course, the boost will ultimately be impermanent, and the benefits mostly insufficient to have lasting impact. But now, as a result of Trumpers For Jesus Across America and his constant rotisserie of sloppily vetted and badly installed third-rate goons, I also really believe there is no bottom to the negative possibilities, and the odds are frankly stacked against "us".

And by "us" I guess I mean the folks with whom I am intellectually and complimentarily aligned on philosophical considerations that I consider to be of the upmost importance.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Today was the 5,000th episode of The View and their guest.. Donald Trump Jr.
    I was giddy. FINALLY, there is going to be a bloodbath on network television.. because this is The View. This is Whoopi and Joy who have handled people like Bill O'Reilly and Glenn Beck... just thrashed them and had them sulking for days after.

I thought, They are going to hand DTJ his ass. (I even hope they get him on hunting elephants and posing with the pictures) But things did not go like that at all. And it's fn bothering me. Maybe because I had heard about it on social media all day, it's just being hyped by Trumpland, and now that I am watching the DVR.
    1.) I just can't in my life remember DTJ being this quick on his feet. For every blow that came his way, he and his "girlfriend" seemed like they had all this rehearsed before the show with the hosts.
    2.) Meghan barely even looked at them and when she did address them about civility she seemed terrified or ... Abbey was the only one I think that got a really good jab in on them..
    3.) And Whoopi played this all wrong. She was being a good moderator.. but at the end it felt like he body slammed her and Joy for controversies they've dealt with in the past.
    4.) The audience was very pro-Trump which also felt weird which might have been why Meghan and Joy were so shaken and Whoopi just kept repeating things "Now this is what you're not going to do," and hitting her bell.

And this is the least popular Trump child if you go by Fire and Fury and Omarosa's book... and Donald Trump's own admission. And here he is well-spoken and un--phased.
    Does he just not have a soul. Because Joy and Whoopi and even Meghan were visibly upset. He and his girlfriend were composed af. They got loud but only when all the co-hosts were speaking at the same time.
    Is he just a machine, cold? He seemed to almost have a talent for this. And the audience applauding him. And the fact that transcript being read to him by Sunny was like.. "So."
    When I said it bothered me.. it just makes me feel kind of hopeless about the 2020 election. Not just this one show but a series of things. Mostly on TV. Like (and I hate to even go here but these are the shows that a lot of American's watch) When Andy Cohen did the 1-Hour Special about Teresa Giudice and her husband Joe. Andy asked Teresa why she hadn't asked for a pardon from Trump since they were friendly when she was on his show. She defended the president and her husband said something like Trump has too many idiots making life miserable for him (Trump). And I was just... they're Trump supporters.. I never would have guessed.

And with the elections in Kentucky.. so many people I know are saying the election was rigged and Bevin said he thinks he'll be the winner after the re-canvas and it's just a lot on my mind all at once from popular tv and local news. The local news, I get my news from Louisville stations, were like "How Bevin isn't done yet" "Bevin still might win this battle"
    IIIIIIICCCCK

The latest polls have Trump beating Warren and tied with Bernie in the swing states. Biden wins by 3 points.

Then, it hit me that this is probably what many American dinner tables are going to look like this Thanksgiving. It's so sad. There's going to be a table like The View with people so upset about Trump and two fn losers who just spout off talking points and dismiss everyone and probably eat the most and have the best post-food-coma naps.

I just thought it'd have been a completely different show. Like.. justice. Because these ladies are good at breaking things down and they always have facts.. and it was just a mess and he seemed to come out the victor/.
    Last edited by Volta; 11-08-2019 at 02:58 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorMatty View Post
    You know, he went to the World Series cause he thought he would get a hero's welcome and was mercilessly booed instead, so then he went to the UFC fight and was booed there too. Now, in what is looking more and more like a desperate attempt to not get booed at a sporting event, he's coming here to Alabama this weekend to the U of A football game against LSU. Almost makes me want to go to my first ever college football game just to make sure he gets booed by somebody.
    I think you'll enjoy this Alabama related content:

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Yeah that episode of the view was disgusting. The trump's should be rotting in prison. They are pure evil. The fact that america gave fucking trump the opportunity to fuck our courts for a generation because everyone believed right wing lies about Hillary makes me hate the vast majority of this god forsaken, shitty country. So yeah. We deserve trump. Enjoy 4 more years.

Does anyone think he's going to dump Pence? He legally can't fire him but he can kick him off the next ticket. People seem to be speculating about it and it seems plausible. Get rid of Pence because he can't be trusted, but also you can't get rid of Pence because his motivation for being silent is weathering this storm and running for president himself some day. If you cut him loose, why should he keep his mouth shut?

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    For that very reason, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Pence knows where bodies are buried. They could possibly cut him off, but it would take some finagling.

Haley ain't all that and a bag of chips, anyway.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I keep hearing all the talk about dropping Pence, too. But like you guys I cannot picture it happening. It doesn't make much sense at all. Unless he makes Pence the fall guy for the impeachment stuff.

But like... remember who we're talking about. Trump doesn't make sense. He doesn't have higher intellectual functions. He's all emotional and gut reactions. If he were capable of reason and measure, then this thread wouldn't be 375 pages in 3 years.

So yes on the one hand getting rid of Pence might be the dumbest thing to do, but then again isn't that the option Trump usually takes?

It's so dumb it's suicidal but yet this is the same man who stared directly into the eclipse.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    You are completely right and that is what is so scary about him. You really never know what he is going to do, except that it will be surprisingly stupid and evil in ways that you never expected.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    And that's how he has always run his businesses. Uncertainty, attacks, bullying, using people and dumping them, huge praise for people he might be able to use to his benefit and then turning on them and calling them losers. His entire life has been this unpredictable con and it boggles my mind that it hasn't come back and destroyed him.