Page 293 of 326 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 4877

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

I saw that. It was great.

But you posted it in the wrong thread, R.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I saw that. It was great.

But you posted it in the wrong thread, R.
    lol I just now realized you were talking to me. I opened the other thread and was like "Wait, didn't I post in here? Oh crap, where did I put it?"

I blame my phone and the teeny tiny "go to last post" dots.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Like Cher says, Donald Trump has a massive ass and a visible panty line.

It makes me long for the days when we laughed at Obama in his mom jeans.
    Omg, you know somewhere in Calabasas a Kardashian is pissed all the hell off.
    He has a big ole donkey booty. That's the kind of ass that when you're walking through the club, people can put their drinks on it and you can just keep on walking.

As Sommore would say:
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    ^ That way they can come out smelling like roses if Donald refuses to release it. Or if it's heavily redacted, they can continue to obfuscate the truth.
    Of course. Here I was thinking that since the Repubs voted “yes” that Trump would HAVE to release it in order to not look terrible. What was I thinking? When has Shit Face ever cared about appearances?
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

It feels so terrible to get caught up in salacious stories when there are real things going on (food stamp boxes? markets collapsing? what's the deal with melania's parents, and is ICE going after easy targets for quotas? Wifebeaters and first class flights and deregulations etc etc etc) but it's so fully a trump story it's hilarious.

Sing, Stormy, sing!

Barack Hussein Obama

This isn’t real life, right? I just saw a commercial for Big Brother where Omarosa is crying and talking about how bad things are in the WH. What? So now the reality tv show we’re living in is going to include watching a reality tv show to see what a former WH employee is saying? ( in no way to get attention or try to get a book deal. That would be too crazy. )
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Ruh roh.

Barack Hussein Obama

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar

Glorious.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    I acknowledge that it's fun to see him exposed for the liar liar pants on fire that he is, but honestly, if America has ANY hope of becoming a stronger nation, we've got to evolve the political discourse away from these silly character issues and focus on what truly matters: policy and precedent issues. We don't win in the long run on "no really - he fucked a prostitute, we have DNA proof!" which is frankly irrelevant and anyway nobody is surprised- Melania is a prostitute plain and simple. We win when the average American connects the dots and realizes that he is stripping away Medicare, and talks and cares about and understands THAT.

Republican politicians thrashed and thrashed and thrashed on Bill Clinton for the Lewinsky debacle, even though the majority of Americans, when polled, never cared about the issue and did not believe the Repub's assertions that his sexual hijinks made it impossible for him to be an effective president. This Stormy Daniels issue is really not materially different.

Now, that said. I know you all are brilliant people who do think about the things that matter, so I'm just venting here, not preaching...

The Priebus story published at Vanity Fair illustrates perfectly how the Republicans are ring-kissing serfs, utterly devoid of self-respect.

Scaramucci immediately turned the West Wing into a circular firing squad, calling Trump’s chief of staff a “fucking paranoid schizophrenic” in an interview with The New Yorker. He went on, in a tweet, to all but accuse Priebus of leaking classified information about Scaramucci’s finances (which were publicly available). “When he accused me of a felony,” recalled Priebus, “I thought, What am I doing here? . . . I went in to the president and said, ‘I gotta go.’ ” Trump would say nothing publicly in Priebus’s defense. The president accepted his resignation.
    And yet he says, "I still love the guy. I want him to be successful." If anyone loves Priebus, they need to shake him by the lapels and slap him about the face a few times.

There are really bad things happening. I know that. But again today, I can't look away from this tacky, classless trainwreck.

Donald Trump, a Playboy Model, and a System for Concealing Infidelity

It's by Ronan, the hero we need but don't deserve. Read the whole thing, but here are some excerpts.

In June, 2006, Donald Trump taped an episode of his reality-television show, “The Apprentice,” at the Playboy Mansion, in Los Angeles. Hugh Hefner, Playboy’s publisher, threw a pool party for the show’s contestants with dozens of current and former Playmates, including Karen McDougal, a slim brunette who had been named Playmate of the Year, eight years earlier. In 2001, the magazine’s readers voted her runner-up for “Playmate of the ’90s,” behind Pamela Anderson. At the time of the party, Trump had been married to the Slovenian model Melania Knauss for less than two years; their son, Barron, was a few months old. Trump seemed uninhibited by his new family obligations. McDougal later wrote that Trump “immediately took a liking to me, kept talking to me - telling me how beautiful I was, etc. It was so obvious that a Playmate Promotions exec said, ‘Wow, he was all over you - I think you could be his next wife.’ ”

Trump and McDougal began an affair, which McDougal later memorialized in an eight-page, handwritten document provided to The New Yorker by John Crawford, a friend of McDougal’s.

On November 4, 2016, four days before the election, the Wall Street Journal reported that American Media, Inc., the publisher of the National Enquirer, had paid a hundred and fifty thousand dollars for exclusive rights to McDougal’s story, which it never ran. Purchasing a story in order to bury it is a practice that many in the tabloid industry call “catch and kill.”
    The Daily Zeitgeist, a podcast in the How Stuff Works family, focuses once a week on "Bloid Watch," how nearly all the tabloids are owned by one group whose owner is a Trump supporter. And while you or I might not READ the tabloids, they make the point repeatedly that we all see them waiting in line for our groceries and like russian bots on twitter and facebook, it can make small differences in the opinions of gullible stupid people. I kind of just shrugged it off at first, but the more I think about the point and the most I listen to their comments weekly, it is shitty even for tabloids.

Six former A.M.I. employees told me that Pecker routinely makes catch-and-kill arrangements like the one reached with McDougal. “We had stories and we bought them knowing full well they were never going to run,” Jerry George, a former A.M.I. senior editor who worked at the company for more than twenty-five years, told me. George said that Pecker protected Trump. “Pecker really considered him a friend,” George told me. “We never printed a word about Trump without his approval.”

“He offered me money,” she wrote. “I looked at him (+ felt sad) + said, ‘No thanks - I’m not ‘that girl.’ I slept w/you because I like you - NOT for money’ - He told me ‘you are special.’ ”

In the 2011 interview with In Touch Weekly, Clifford said that Trump didn’t use a condom and didn’t mention sleeping with anyone else. Another adult-film actress, Dawn Vanguard, whose screen name is Alana Evans, claimed that Trump invited her to join them in his hotel room that weekend. A third adult-film performer, Jessica Drake, alleged that Trump asked her to his hotel room, met her and two women she brought with her in pajamas, and then “grabbed each of us tightly in a hug and kissed each one of us without asking for permission.” He then offered Drake ten thousand dollars in exchange for her company. (Trump denied the incident.)

On the night of the Miss Universe pageant McDougal attended, McDougal and a friend rode with Trump in his limousine and the friend mentioned a relationship she had had with an African-American man. According to multiple sources, Trump remarked that the friend liked “the big black dick” and began commenting on her attractiveness and breast size.
    Fridays, you guys. They're amazing. Oh, and there will probably be another plea deal with Mueller so the actual important stuff is gonna be HUGE today too. It's not even 9am.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

Fridays, you guys. They're amazing. Oh, and there will probably be another plea deal with Mueller so the actual important stuff is gonna be HUGE today too. It's not even 9am.
    Here you go: Russian nationals and entities indicted for election hacking.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/16/170207...robert-mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Here you go: Russian nationals and entities indicted for election hacking.

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/16/170207...robert-mueller
    Holy shit that's a lot bigger of a story than I was expecting. I thought whatshisname... Gates?... was flipping. And it's onlly 130EST so there's still time.

This lays the groundwork for an eventual obstruction charge. The trolls and MAGA morons on twitter are already claiming this is Mueller grasping at straws because it’s all he has, but I think it’s the opposite. I think it’s setting the stage for the case the special counsel is about to make.