Page 354 of 357 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 5350

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    OK what the fuck??

I think that this time, she was just trolling the libs. She’s Mexican and Jewish, so that would be two strikes against her in the white supremacists’ eyes. (They don’t consider Jewish people to be white.) As I said before, she’s definitely a RWNJ, but I don’t see how she could be a white supremacist.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

But is trolling us any better? There are still White Supremacists who will see this and feel supported and emboldened!

How hard is it to say "Nah we think all people are created equal" or whatever. Why even troll??? How is that even mildly appropriate for the staff of a potential/future Supreme Court justice; the highest court in the land!
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know if that Zina person did it purposefully, but she works for the administration. Maybe she's not a card carrying member of the KKK, but does it matter if she promotes mostly the same agenda?

Let us not forget Kushner and Ivanka are also in sync with the alt-right. But we don't think more of them because they're jewish. Complicit is complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post

But is trolling us any better? There are still White Supremacists who will see this and feel supported and emboldened!

How hard is it to say "Nah we think all people are created equal" or whatever. Why even troll??? How is that even mildly appropriate for the staff of a potential/future Supreme Court justice; the highest court in the land!
    Exactly! It's almost worse to me if she is "trolling" because it's not fucking funny, especially when she is collaborating with known white supremacists.

Is this a normal sentence for lying to the FBI? 14 days seems....an awful precedent for the rest of them? Is he a first time felon too, who'll serve like half an hour before he's released with a slap on the wrist?

ETA: Oh wait, it just means he sang like a canary. Stupid me.

Last edited by fluteoftheloon; 09-07-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluteoftheloon View Post
    Is this a normal sentence for lying to the FBI? 14 days seems....an awful precedent for the rest of them? Is he a first time felon too, who'll serve like half an hour before he's released with a slap on the wrist?

ETA: Oh wait, it just means he sang like a canary. Stupid me.

Not stupid you. Unless it's stupid us. I was like "Why was his wife on all the shows crying like a baby about his going to jail when it's only 2 weeks?" Until I read your comment it didn't click.

I mean, 2 weeks isn't ideal in a relationship, but it's not worth embarrassing yourself across the nation... especially when he is SO guilty.

Not only did Sarah break the law, she hilariously self-owned. Apparently, the large majority of the calls the “failing NYT” received thanked them for the op ed and told them to keep up the good work.

Good points about Zina. Oh, and not only does she work for the Trump Administration, but she works in the division of immigration policy.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I don't 100% agree with the image on the left because we were "united", unless you were a Muslim living in America, but the imagery still is jarring.

I mean, we already assumed this, but it’s still terrifying to really think about it after reading it in print.

My boyfriend is in the military. My best friend is career military. I have five cousins and three good friends in the military. The idea that they’d get shipped off to Afghanistan on the advice of a 20-something bodyguard is fucking nauseating.

I'm only 20% through the book and I feel like I'm going to read all the "good" parts everywhere but reading it in its ebook form. It's not important enough for me to go completely dark, like when the last Harry Potter book came out, but I hope I discover one little nugget all by myself.

It's an ok book. It's making me angry, but no angrier than I assumed I would be, not much angrier than my daily baseline anger. I'm not sure I enjoy his style of writing.

I also read that multiple sources in the book are telling people "yeah, it's 100% true" and then running off to cnn or fox and being like "this book is a crock of shit."

Its true and its also a crock of shit that we've come to this.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

I love the internet

Adding blind people to the list of those Trump hates.

President Trump in the early 1980s asked an architect to remove Braille from planned residential elevators in Trump Tower in New York, saying blind people would not live there, according to a former longtime executive with the Trump Organization.

Barbara Res, a former vice president in charge of construction, made the allegation in an op-ed published Wednesday by the New York Daily News and in a subsequent interview with The Washington Post, in which she said the incident happened in 1980 or 1981 as Trump Tower was being designed.

According to Res’s account, an architect came to Trump’s office to show him designs for the interiors of residential elevator cabs in Trump Tower, which also hosts businesses. He noticed dots next to the buttons and asked what they were, she said.

“Braille,” the architect replied, according to Res.

Trump then told the architect to “get rid of it,” and the architect resisted, saying doing so would be against the law, she said.

“Get rid of the (expletive) Braille. No blind people are going to live in Trump Tower. Just do it,"
    Trump told the architect, according to Res’s account.
    ETA: and fuck this fucking mandarin menace