Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199
Results 2,971 to 2,979 of 2979

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Guys. These transcriots. This whole twitter thread.

I just want to know who is paying 12 dollars a year for health insurance and how I missed out on that.

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Guys. These transcriots. This whole twitter thread.

Holy shit. He really has no clue whatsoever how anything works.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

$12 a year insurance. OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlForPele View Post
    Holy shit. He really has no clue whatsoever how anything works.
    Particularly the English language. It's deeply painful, as an English teacher, when my students show me quotes from the president and ask me to decipher them.

Why does he even talk to the NYT if he hates them so much? I want to see Trumpkins shouting "Fake news!!!1234" when you confront them with quotes from this mess.

(There is a lot of [garbled] in those screenshots. My English dictionary has weird translations for "garbled". Does that mean he said something unintelligible?)

Quote Originally Posted by fluteoftheloon View Post
    Why does he even talk to the NYT if he hates them so much? I want to see Trumpkins shouting "Fake news!!!1234" when you confront them with quotes from this mess.

(There is a lot of [garbled] in those screenshots. My English dictionary has weird translations for "garbled". Does that mean he said something unintelligible?)
    Yes, he likely said something in a way that was hard to understand. (slurred, mumbled, etc.).

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    He's asking if he can pardon himself and those he wants to save.

The look on Rachel Maddow's face... girlfriend needs like 27 consecutive spa days. She seems so incredulous reading these things that it feels like when you're watching fiction (say, House of Cards) and they have a real tv commentator on discussing the show's problems. She has an aura of surrealness and I want to give her a hug.

Watching the world's only superpower get rapidly overtaken by an authoritarian minority (partly at an enemy power's connivance) is pretty unnerving

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post
    Watching the world's only superpower get rapidly overtaken by an authoritarian minority (partly at an enemy power's connivance) is pretty unnerving
    Here! Have some more!

White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus admitted during a Sunday morning interview with ABC's Jonathan Karl that the Trump administration has "looked at" a constitutional amendment to free speech protections.

Karl sought to clarify President Trump's tweet that "the failing New York Times has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change the libel laws?" "That would require, as I understand it, a constitutional amendment," Karl said. "Is he really going to pursue that? Is that something he wants to pursue?"

"I think it's something we've looked at," Priebus replied in the affirmative. "How that gets executed, or whether that goes anywhere, is a different story."

As Talking Points Memo notes, it was not a slip of the tongue — Priebus repeats that "this is something that is being looked at" later in the interview as well.

"The changes President Trump wants are blocked by decades of jurisprudence which is little contested, unlike other hot button points of constitutional law," writes TPM's Josh Marshall. "If you want what Trump wants, you have to amend the Constitution — and not the Constitution in general but the First Amendment specifically. Amending the First Amendment to allow the head of state to sue people who say things he doesn't like amounts to abolishing it."