Page 344 of 344 FirstFirst ... 244294334342343344
Results 5,146 to 5,155 of 5155

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I know it's not really her when it's not signed -H but saucy HC is what I need to see. Comey had some maudling statement out today and as someone else said, he's DEFINITELY not one of the opinions I want today.

This whole thing is a gigantic embarrassment, but who here is really surprised? These people who are genuinely shocked and horrified... where have you been?

This has been one hell of a terrifying ride
    I want to thank you all for your posts keeping me a bit more sane
    I read often but don't have much to add so wanted to just say ty!
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

It's time to fly the upside down! Remember when those racist asshats were doing in 2008?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I've seen people spelling treason as TRE45ON. I kind of like it but I'm not going to use it regularly.

But I heard/read (can't remember where now) something very unsettling. The reason the GOP isn't flipping out about russian interference isn't because they're desperate to retain their grasp on power but because they *want* the shadow to remain for when they ultimately lose. Then they can be the "victims" of an attack, regardless of there was an attack.

I don't know if I believe it but it makes sense. I can't understand otherwise why they're turning a blind eye to things. They were the victors this time but it doesn't mean it will always go in their favor. That's why rejecting interference is the right way to go: you could be next. But if you're going to use that to your advantage, if you're as evil and soul-less as McConnell...

I also read/heard a good theory that the indictments that dropped a few days ago were a life preserver sent by Rosenstein/Mueller. "Here is a good reason to back out of these talks. Don't go through with them. It's going to be reallllllllly bad for you if you do."

And of course the stable genius went anyway.

Rumor has it now he fumed and ranted the whole ride back.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I've seen people spelling treason as TRE45ON. I kind of like it but I'm not going to use it regularly.

But I heard/read (can't remember where now) something very unsettling. The reason the GOP isn't flipping out about russian interference isn't because they're desperate to retain their grasp on power but because they *want* the shadow to remain for when they ultimately lose. Then they can be the "victims" of an attack, regardless of there was an attack.
    Wouldn't the best way to hold on to some power would be to grow a backbone and stand up for your country and your people? Tells you WHO or WHAT really runs the USA!

The NRA funneled a fuckton of dirty Russian money to Trump and the GOP. A lot of them aren’t saying anything, or are actively participating in the cover-up, because the FBI has their names too. That criminal complaint against Maria Butina yesterday clearly spells out that top GOP lawmakers are swept up in this.

Their greed and hunger for more money and power have now sold us out to Russia. They can’t turn back now. I hope they all rot to death in prison for what they’ve done to the people of this country.

I'd encourage everybody to watch this Maddow segment. She outlines the severity and difference between the indictments the special counsel has handed down, and the charges being brought against Butina. She's going to go to court. There's going to be a trial. I wonder if that means we'll know more specifics? I would love to see Republicans go down in flames.

...however, I fear the more likely outcome is GOP supporters care more about their guns than their country. They'll thank Russia/the NRA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZvUCFR4tk

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I hear Trump is supposed to be making a speech today (should be any time now) regarding the Russian fiasco. While it is good to see everyone including some Republicans rightfully flipping out over this- We all know what happens next: a bunch of other Trump distraction scandals and the media moves on. :sigh:

What a fucking joke. The damage control is so painfully obvious and false.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I didn't catch it, but apparently this happened:

He is such a fucking child. At this point I don't think anyone is going to do anything and we are just beyond fucked.