Page 356 of 363 FirstFirst ... 256306346354355356357358 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 5435

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    With the Orchid place it's not clear anyone but Kraft did anything wrong. They could all be taking pictures with this rando and not actually know her or her (former) business. But it's HILARIOUS to me.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Awful lot of Republicans though. I would say she knows her "base".
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

There is no evidence that this woman was involved in the sex trade or that anyone but Kraft was... but there's more and it's still fucking funny.

I didn't have to listen to 8 years of Reverend Wright and guilt by association or my entire life listening to Family Values to not take a deep breath of this schadenfreude.

Even Diamond and Silk.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

And just like that it went from jokey to serious. I mean, we all suspected as much but Kraft getting busted for getting a happy ending gave reporters a lose thread to grab onto and tug to see what shakes out.

Also, I don't generally believe in conspiracies and stuff. But if I were to believe one, the Melania double would be the one I'd believe.

There are pics of me that look nothing like me. Shadows and bad hair days and overnight aging can change your face so dramatically. And who's to say this isn't 'shopped? But there are so many of them it's turning me into an X-files extra... I want to believe

Multiple people have reported seeing this. He doesn't have it "liked" now. He probably tapped the heart by accident, everyone got a screengrab, then he unliked it. So it shows he reads the things about him, which, to be honest, is kind of a surprise, given that he doesn't read his briefings.

This story, is it over or just getting started?

Given how he can do no wrong, I'll say over. Even if I am wrong it won't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Given how he can do no wrong, I'll say over. Even if I am wrong it won't make a difference.
    Not over. But you're right. It won't make a difference. I mean, what other president, even Bill Clinton, could have survived this story alone? Much less the 100 other stories?

Nothing Matters
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I'm not fixated on this aspect, but there's something here in this story beyond the tawdry details. I know it's chaos and full of stupid this week. Everyone in the WH is using personal emails and compromised, Kellyanne is fucking nuts (unless she's coordinating this for some reason), stupid here, stupid there, but this story... it's like when you get something stuck in your teeth. You forget about it sometimes, but when you notice it, it really bugs you until you get it all fixed.

The only problem I have with this point is it leaves out the other possibility, that Kraft knew about this lady and her services and introduced her to Trump rather than the other way around.

Seems likely to me Kraft introduced Trump. Still, the story is essentially over isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Seems likely to me Kraft introduced Trump. Still, the story is essentially over isn't it?
    I don't think so. The legal case against Kraft isn't over but I think there's a LOT more to this story. There was something I read on Politico, I think, today about there are people who donated to Trump but "didn't remember" if they paid the money. So it's very possible this lady or one of her cohorts gave Trump's campaign cash at the maximum they could, then funneled more money to him through friends who hadn't maxed out. And as a lot of them are foreign nationals, there are very specific rules about how much and what specifically you can give campaign money to. It appears those rules were violated.

There's a hell of a lot of smoke here and there could be a blazing inferno. And yes, something minor and just really smokey is a possibility. But this story is pinging my spidey sense something fierce.

^ I found the article I was talking about Cindy Yang helped Chinese tech stars get $50K photos with Trump. Who paid?

It was a big moment — and it came with a big price tag: $50,000 per photo, benefiting the president’s re-election campaign.

But neither Ryan Xu nor Lucas Lu appear to have paid for the privilege. A search of a federal database showed no record of either man giving to Trump Victory, the political action committee that sold tickets — as well as perks like photos with the president — for the Dec. 2, 2017, breakfast fundraiser hosted by the Republican National Committee in New York City.

So who paid Trump Victory for their photos?

Yang isn’t saying — but she and three associates with an Asian-American political group donated a total of $135,500 to Trump Victory in the weeks leading up to the event. None of those associates would comment either. One of them told the Miami Herald she could not recall making a $25,000 donation listed in her name and address.
    Selling tickets to campaign fundraisers without disclosing the buyer to the Federal Election Commission is illegal. Selling tickets to foreign nationals, who are banned from donating to American political causes, would be an additional violation of U.S. law. Only U.S. citizens and permanent residents can contribute, although foreign nationals can attend fundraisers if they do not reimburse anyone for their tickets. It would be legal for Yang and her associates to give away tickets and high-dollar extras like photos with the president as gifts, but illegal to sell them.

Through a spokesman, Lu said a friend gifted him a ticket to the event, which is legal because he said he never paid the friend back. He declined to name the friend. Lu’s spokesman provided a copy of his green card, issued three weeks before the event. His company, 5miles, offers an online marketplace through a mobile app. Last year, the company, which has branches in Beijing and Dallas, secured a three-year deal to place its patch on the Dallas Mavericks’ jersey, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

Xu, a bitcoin miner whose business is mostly outside the United States, did not respond to emails and calls. It is unclear if Xu would have been legally able to pay for his presidential photo. He lives primarily in Australia and his U.S. immigration status could not be determined.
    I mean, these people could have run a scam without Trump being in the loop. He's a moron. But SOMEONE did something. And what they did and who they are need to be ferreted out.

Everyone is screaming that the Mueller report is due. It could be, but I don't feel like it's done. It feels like the stories are people being fed incorrect stuff on purpose to make people impatient and DEMAND it before it's ready. Or that people who are reporting it's close just want to be considered In The Loop and are making stuff up for themselves.

Has Junior or Kushner been indicted not under seal? No? Then Mueller's not done.

I mean, you can all laugh at me if we see it before Easter, but I doubt it'll be before summer. And even fall. There's a lot of There there.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Most of the crazy is because Weisman isn't there anymore isn't it?