Page 334 of 334 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334
Results 4,996 to 5,004 of 5004

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Hannah Arendt still has the best authoritarianism quotes.

Amazing. It's 6 metres tall!

Crowdfunder here. (Already over stretch target)
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It's policy. It's the Dems' fault. We can't become Germany. The kids are crisis actors.

It's been hard these last 500+ days, but I'm having an extra hard time right now.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    It's been hard these last 500+ days, but I'm having an extra hard time right now.
    I hear ya. I feel like with the blatant lying and misdirection regarding the child separation policy has put us so far into 1984 territory that I'm just shaken to my core. The past couple of days I've found myself in a cycle of reading stories and being full of rage, then purposely trying to avoid them to regain sanity, only to be drawn back into it again. The damage he is doing to this country is unprecedented.

On top of that - I made the mistake of looking at my husband's facebook newsfeed. I gave up facebook before the election ( and I am so grateful everyday for that ). Several of our Bernie or bust friends were posting about some article suggesting a Biden/Kennedy ticket saying, "I'll have to vote third party again." It makes me so angry how fucking stupid they are being. I keep telling myself that the 2020 election is still way off and it isn't worth it to get riled up over it. And yet...

I just about plotzed the other day when some of the Bernie bros (or rather, sisters) posted in my FB Indivisible group that they were convinced that the powers that be are being controlled by "Jews behind the scenes." Talk about cognitive dissonance.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jews-c...t-museum-tour/

The Washington, D.C., councilman who suggested on Facebook that rich Jews control the weather visited the US Holocaust Memorial Museum and left halfway through the 90-minute tour.

The Washington, D.C., councilman who suggested on Facebook that rich Jews control the weather visited the US Holocaust Memorial Museum and left halfway through the 90-minute tour.

Trayon White Sr. did not say goodbye to his hosts, the Washington Post reported. Rabbi Batya Glazer of the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington, who accompanied White on Wednesday’s tour, texted him to ask his whereabouts. White wrote back that he hoped to see her outside the museum but he had to leave soon for an event in the 8th Ward, which he represents.

White was standing alone on the sidewalk outside the museum by the time the tour was over. Glazer said she found his behavior “confusing.”

White, a Democrat, posted a video early on March 16 in which he accused “the Rothschilds” of controlling the climate to make money — an anti-Semitic conspiracy theory that has gained traction on the web. He later removed the video and issued an apology.

Lynn Williams, an expert on educational programs at the museum, guided White through the institution’s exhibitions, according to the Washington Post.

“There’s nothing more powerful than visiting the Holocaust museum for understanding the culture of the Jewish community, and our concerns about anti-Semitism,” Glazer told a reporter who shadowed the tour. Her JCRC has been heavily involved in the first-term lawmaker’s public rehabilitation following his dissemination of the video.

During the visit, White reportedly was confused by a picture of a woman surrounded by Nazis while wearing a sign that reads “I am a German girl and allowed myself to be defiled by a Jew.” He asked Williams twice whether the Nazis were protecting her before the guide explained they were trying to humiliate her.

White last month attended a Passover seder dinner at the home of another Council of the District of Columbia member, Elissa Silverman.

Among the local Jewish officials who had spoken with White after the initial controversy was Rabbi Levi Shemtov, the executive vice president of the American Friends of Lubavitch (Chabad).

“Everyone deserves a second chance and I think that our community proved itself more than willing to give him that, but a third and fourth chance might be a little more difficult,” Shemtov told JTA in an interview. “I think the councilman is going to have to make some choices about educating himself more about the issue before expressing himself again.”

Because of course. If you can't build a wall out of stone you build it out of pain.

This is obviously entirely enraging and heartbreaking, but right now, the thing that’s scaring me the most is #WhereAreTheGirls. Whenever we’re seeing pictures or stories of kids in the camps, they’re boys from about 5 on up. We’re not seeing babies, and we’re not seeing girls of ANY age.

DHS Secretary Kristen Nielsen just said that she doesn’t know where the girls and babies are. DOESN’T KNOW. Mira Sorvino, who has been working to end child trafficking for well over a decade, is unsurprisingly all over this on Twitter. In response to #WhereAreTheGirls, she responded simply, “They’re probably being trafficked.”

Be prepared for this to get much uglier.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I think they’re not showing girls because brown boys are scary thugs. To their base, I mean. They’re ms13 at 7. Girls would evoke too much sympathy.

I’m literally having trouble just breathing today.

hahha impeachment. With this congress? Who don't even care about child torture?

I guess there are going to be marches on the 30th.