Page 157 of 164 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2454

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I went for a walk (aiming for 10k steps today!) and came back to these lovely headlines

Trump told Russians that firing ''nut job" Comey eased pressure from investigation NYT

and

Russia probe reaches current WH official, people familiar with the case say WaPo

Must go digging.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I love how it is non stop at this point. I just saw this as well: Current White House Official Identified As "Significant Person Of Interest" In Russia Probe. The NY Times and Washington Post are doing amazing work. We would be completely lost without them.

ETA- "nut job" is trending on twitter.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    They're getting closer.

Here is succession list... just in case.

I hope they can prove Pence and Ryan were involved in the cover up. President Hatch isn't ideal but I think I'd rather him than Pence or Ryan.

I suppose if one of them resigns, the President could end up being someone who's not even in the line-up yet.

So much depends on IF removals and resignations happen, who goes first and how fast they get replaced. The confirmation battles for any position would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Trump told Russians that firing ''nut job" Comey eased pressure from investigation NYT
    Watch Comey wander the halls of the NYT building with a pile of papers like "Oops, did I drop something? Oops, again?"

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    So much depends on IF removals and resignations happen, who goes first and how fast they get replaced. The confirmation battles for any position would be epic.
    It wouldn't be the confirmation battles, it would be finding anyone qualified that is stupid enough to take a position in this administration/circus. Notice how quickly even John Cornyn pulled his name from being considered for FBI director, after Comey's firing. This administration is visibly toxic.

Quote Originally Posted by SMMY View Post
    It wouldn't be the confirmation battles, it would be finding anyone qualified that is stupid enough to take a position in this administration/circus. Notice how quickly even John Cornyn pulled his name from being considered for FBI director, after Comey's firing. This administration is visibly toxic.
    But would there be a Cruz or Rubio hopping right into a VP spot if Pence left, hoping they could get Trump to leave? I think so. It's toxic, but so is ambition with no scruples. Anyone good isn't going into a cabinet position at this point, I agree. The House fighting amongst itself for a new Speaker would be cutthroat. So that's not really a confirmation battle, but it'd still be bonkers. A good candidate wouldn't be likely to step up anywhere, a bad candidate wouldn't get confirmed without drama.

And yet, there's this take.

We could be going like this for weeks or months. No one with the power to stop this seems to care about the damage being done now.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    The senior person of interest under investigation is Jared Kushner according to NY Magazine reporter! You can't get any closer to Trump

I have to walk away for bit. Like for my own mental health. This seems like a good exit.