Page 201 of 201 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201
Results 3,001 to 3,007 of 3007

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Something I was just reading and am now thinking about... Congress is passing a Russian sanction bill. Not sure if it's veto-proof. But will Trump sign it? There's no indication that he understands that vetoes can be overridden. If he refuses to sign and it passes anyway, will he throw an epic hissy fit? Go after Congress in a way that will alienate them? Or will they say "Thanks, sir, may I have another?"

If he signs it, what will Putin do in retaliation to Trump personally?

He's in a no-win situation, hilariously someone called it a covfefe-22. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Not only being overridden, but if he doesn't sign something most people want, it shows his loyalty to another country more than ours.

He doesn't have enough political capital to quash it. I'm not sure if pocket vetoes are still a thing, or if he has any knowledge of them either. But a pocket veto still signals inaction against a hostile nation, refusing to protect us from someone who is alleged to be blackmailing him. It might kill the bill, but doesn't kill the story.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    Nobody should be pushing momentous and aggressive foreign policy decisions in order to bait Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Nobody should be pushing momentous and aggressive foreign policy decisions in order to bait Trump.
    Who says they're baiting him? Sanctions against a country that is known to interfere with our (and others') elections are aggressive? Literally an entire year after the fact?

Exactly. Russia absolutely deserves a smackdown. Pissing off trump is icing.

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar

Who was the genius who thought it would be a good idea to have him speak to a bunch of kids?

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    It was a proper Hitler Youth rally. So fucking gross.

This is how I feel constantly, like I can't look away or something happens that is SO bizarre and I think we've hit bottom and we keep digging.