Page 381 of 381 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381
Results 5,701 to 5,713 of 5713

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Most of the crazy is because Weisman isn't there anymore isn't it?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
    Most of the crazy is because Weisman isn't there anymore isn't it?
    I'm blanking... which one is Weisman?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post

I mean, you can all laugh at me if we see it before Easter, but I doubt it'll be before summer. And even fall. There's a lot of There there.
    The wrongest I've been on here in quite some time. Maybe ever, y/y?

It's been submitted. Don't know what it means. And it doesn't answer the question, WHY AREN'T KUSHNER AND DON JR IN JAIL?

I'm already slightly scared of the findings...don't think I could handle the nuclear levels of "SEE, LIBS, NO COLLUSION!!!!!!!!" smug if Trump and family can't be linked to anything. He will win in 2020 if his base gets energized by that.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    With the history of this DOJ... if there is one thing we can rely on leak leakity leak leak.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

My anxiety is at a high for 2019. Woo hoo? Like. I know I should trust that Mueller knows what he's doing. That the states are on this, that there might be stuff under seal, etc. But Trump always has gotten away with everything and I just can't take another heartbreak. I know his report wouldn't outrage the Senate Rs enough to impeach and remove or the Cabinet to 25, but it's just been gut punch after gut punch, week after week. I can't bear to watch another case of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And they're reporting as I type there will be no more indictments. See what I mean? This blows. And I know there could be more that we don't know but it seems like stopping before it's complete.

I do need some laughs, and emergency trip to the store to get the good junk food.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    DOJ says no more indictments. At 5pm on a Friday night. If your last name is Trump, you're probably feeling pretty good right now.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

I’m not sure they should celebrate, considering the amount of stuff handed off to NYAG, SDNY, EDVA, DC, etc.

I love it when I finish something so I can close tabs!

I think my anxiety is due to the fact we know he's done, but we don't know what he did. While he isn't filing more indictments, are there ones under seal? Did he hand it over to the states? Is it just done done and we have to hope the House does something? I'd rather know NOTHING than have the wild speculation going on in my broken brain right now. Like we'll know more tomorrow, and then more next week. But the speculation, the little bits we get, the hot takes... I can't look away and it's not healthy for me. I'm doing worst-case scenario in my head because there is nothing to tell me it's NOT the worst case.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    If you hope Trump or his godawful children are going to pay a real price for whatever they've done that may or may not be captured in the report, I suggest assuming they won't pay any price and trying to let it go. I fear you will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by fluteoftheloon View Post
    I'm already slightly scared of the findings...don't think I could handle the nuclear levels of "SEE, LIBS, NO COLLUSION!!!!!!!!" smug if Trump and family can't be linked to anything.
    Oh, they’re not waiting for any actual reporting of the findings. When the news came down, they IMMEDIATELY started saying that it was over and Trump skates and that he’s sure to win re-election and we KNOW that you’re all devastated and on the verge of suicide. (They love talking about libs killing themselves.) At first, I was responding with my usual “Nobody knows anything” thing, but I wanted something more original.

Then, I hit on something. I started posting variations on this: “OK, the report is out and we’ll see what it says. But the REAL news of today is SEASON TWO OF THE OA HAS DROPPED ON NETFLIX!!!” I get sick of those fuckers telling me what I’m thinking, so I told them what I’m REALLY thinking about. And that’s actually true. I’m really looking forward to my binge watch this weekend.

Here’s the thing. Even if there’s nothing more from Mueller, impeachment and conviction/removal was always a longshot. It’s important to remember that Senate Republicans have been neutered by Cheeto Mussolini. This is not our best shot. Our best shot is 11/2020. Besides, Ryan is right; this is far from the only investigation.

Will we take him down? I dunno. Nobody knows anything. But this is far from the only thing.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Impeachment was always a long shot. If they could prove his kids were involved in money laundering, taking them down would be the best way to drive Trump absolutely bonkers. But at this point we are already almost 4 months into 2019, so his presidency is half over. Impeachment proceedings would probably extend past the 2020 election, if you could even get 2/3 of the Senate on board to go that far. Spoiler: you won't. No matter what's in the report, the GOP isn't going to budge. They're all-in.

I think Pelosi et al have been correct to shy away from the impeachment talk. If this report comes out and they haven't found direct ties between Trump and treasonous activities, all those Dems are going to get painted as angry libs who just want to take down a legitimate president and they're going to energize the GOP base like never before. It's better for Dems, I think, to really try and drive home the things that Trump has said and done aside from Russia/"NO COLLUSION!" that are unpopular and unconstitutional. He's still wildly unpopular regardless of the Mueller report. His campaign chairman, lawyer, and maybe National Security Advisor are all going to jail. There are still a ton of investigations open. Dems need to make the case that he's still a dangerous menace.

Teflon Don earned that nickname for a reason. I'd love to watch his ass rot in jail for decades of cheating people, money laundering, potentially raping underage girls (also, that Epstein case got a wrench thrown into it this week so we'll probably never see that either), and obstructing justice, but I have a feeling he'll walk. He always seems to. The most we can hope is that the last two years of stress and fast food and lines of Adderall are shaving years off the precious time he has left.

You know, I personally don’t give a shit whether or not he goes to jail. I just want him out of my sight, and out of the White House. If we have to wait until 1/20/21, fine. Job One has to be a Democratic victory in the presidential race. Everything needs to be pointed at that goal.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Pelosi is 100% right to not impeach (although I personally hate it). The Senate won't convict. Think of it like Law & Order. Briscoe and Logan won't make an arrest if Jack and Jamie aren't going to file charges. Adam's not going to let Jack and Claire file charges if the jury isn't going to convict.

If you come at the king, you best not miss.

As high as Trump's numbers are right now, the Senate will not convict by 2/3. The House probably wouldn't either. She's not saying NEVER, but she's saying RIGHT NOW.

And it makes *her* a target of all the scorn. She's in a safe seat. Impeachment isn't happening because of awful Nancy, but I can vote for my Dem Rep because s/he would be all for it if only Nancy would allow it.

If his numbers tank and the Senate looked likely to convict, she'd start impeachment hearings so fast our heads would spin.

Doing non-impeachment hearings like with Cohen a few weeks ago is probably the key.

I don't need him to go from White House to prison, but I do want him to be at least facing criminal charges when he Elvises out. And 3/5 of his fucking kids and Jared need to have convictions. I need there to be consequences. I do not handle thwarted justice well.

I've trusted Mueller thus far and I feel like I don't know right now if Barr is fucking things up. Or will. It's the great unknown in all this. Will just things that look better for Trump leak and the really damning stuff stay classified and way from the public and even Congress? Will Lindsey Graham keep throwing himself on the grenades because SC is majority stupid?

One thing this week that actually gave me a weird bit of hope that isn't getting a lot of coverage given all the other shitstorms was with the bizarre John McCain attacks. He did it at a rally in Ohio one of the times (MULTIPLE times going after a dead guy!) and the audience did not cheer. I heard it was silent when he did it. Now, is that enough to make a challenger beat him in the primaries? Of course not. But do maybe a few dozen people maybe stay home on election day? Perhaps. A few dozen here and there in OH really could make all the difference in the world, as it did in 2016.

Basically, I wonder if his attacks on a DEAD POW will alienate just enough people to make a difference, as investigations show more criminal activity, more moral failings... If those are enough to erode a little. I've given up that it'll erode permanently a lot, but in theory we only need a little in Nov 2020.