Page 197 of 231 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3457

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Ok, I couldn't find the scathing commentary tweet, but I found the one it was referring to.

In case it disappears:

@KellyannePolls
    Thank you, @POTUS, for helping these girls. Others talk (and talk and talk). You act.
    referring to the Afghani girls who couldn't come in to the US for a science fair.

I hate Kellyanne. She's Umbridge. She's not as pure evil as Voldemort, but her own style of vileness is frequently more infuriating.

^Colbert called her the devil's trophy wife.

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I try not to use this word too much because of the anti-woman implications, but this guy's a fucking pussy.

The US President made his shameless plea in a private conversation with Theresa May to plan his state visit — now postponed until next year.

Two million people signed a petition calling for Mr Trump’s proposed trip to be axed.

A transcript of the chat, seen by senior diplomats, reveals his touchiness. Mr Trump says: “I haven’t had great coverage out there lately, Theresa.”

She replies awkwardly: “Well, you know what the British press are like.”

He replies: “I still want to come, but I’m in no rush.

“So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.

“When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before.”

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    "When I know I'm going to get a better reception..."

Yeah good luck waiting on that.

And that right there ( plus a million other reasons) is exactly why that man should've gotten nowhere near the White House. It's so sickening to see a US President so concerned with his "reception". I know that a President will never be sent to prison, but damn I wish he could see the reception he'd get there.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Trump's gumball machine lawyer was claiming today the meeting had to have been kosher because the secret service gave it approval.

Also,

So why did Trump Sr's lawyer say the attendees were vetted by Secret Service?

Two possibilities:

1. Trump's lawyer is lying

2. Trump Sr. was expected to attend the meeting
    It is possible someone else under protection attended/was supposed to attend. Some people suggest that it was too close physically to where Trump was (like say on the same floor in another room). But it turns out time and time again that there's never a simple, innocent explanation.

Secret Service doesn't vet for ethical conflicts, just physical threats. And only for people under their protection. I'm so tired of the lies.

I quit

(this was confirmed legit by scopes, not a hilarious CURRENT take on watergate)

I don't understand. They think it's serious? Art Buchwald was a humorist. My memory is that he detested Nixon.

Barack Hussein Obama

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    I'm laughing and crying at "What about Chappaquiddick?"

Everything old is new again.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    I don't understand. They think it's serious? Art Buchwald was a humorist. My memory is that he detested Nixon.
    Right. The point is the same stuff was being said about Nixon is being said about Trump. So it's true as in it really was published in 1973. As a response to the bullshit Nixon defenders were saying. Which is eerily close to MAGAers. Not that it's true as in non-fiction. Just genuine vintage satire which is WAY TOO APPLICABLE 44 YEARS LATER.

And I was dying at Chappaquiddick too. The "what about her emails" of the 70s and 80s. Like a radio station. Bringing all your classic favorites from yesterday and today.

I see what you meant now. Sorry I misunderstood. The sick thing is that those motherfuckers STILL talk about Chappaquiddick. So yes, Benghazi and birtherism will continue after Hillary and Obama are gone. Some stupid never dies.

Barack Hussein Obama

Looks like 2 more republican senators won't approve motion for healthcare bill to go forward. KS and UT. And it's looking like (surprise, surprise) an 8th person was in that DJTJR Russia hacking meeting.

It's like the worst fucking game on The Price is Right. Guess how many co-conspirators without going over and you can win an impeachment!

The fact that there was more of an uproar over the Access Hollywood tape than there is proof of intent to conspire with Russia makes me want to pull my hair out. Yes, there should've been uproar over that tape, but all the GOP members had to feign offense in order to keep up the appearance that they're morally superior and God's chosen ones. You'd think that they'd want to also be seen as a party that cares about our democracy, but somehow, there's no need to call into cable news shows over this/rant and rave in order to let the people know that they WILL NOT STAND FOR IT! Maybe because they know that unlike the tape, this won't fade away and allow them to pretend it never happened? I just don't get it. But I have to say that it doesn't give me much hope.
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down