Page 331 of 360 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 5393

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    People speculating about reporters using it.

@scarbsteve

Yes. Exactly. @margbrennan, can you help get the word out? Or are reporters more savvy than this, falling for the temptation to plug in USB swag?

@cybersaur1

If you think reporters are savvy, I have two years of stories about emails for you to read.

Anyone who even turns on a laptop or plugs in a random USB device while there is an idiot.

Kudlow hospitalized for heart attack

Kudlow, 70, was not traveling with the US President in Singapore, but he had just returned to the United States from the G7 summit in Canada, where trade tensions dominated the atmosphere.

Kudlow was front-and-center in the administration's rebuke of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau on Sunday, accusing Trudeau of having "kind of stabbed us in the back" during a news conference after Trump had departed the summit early.
    I didn't see him Sunday but I guess he was bananas and this comes as no surprise to anyone... other than the expected "oh he has a heart?" jokes.

This is what happens when the cops are so busy deporting pizza delivery people that they don't have time to track down actual criminals. According to the Post, the school administration is also guilty for turning a blind eye to the problem.

‘A ticking time bomb’: MS-13 threatens a middle school, warn teachers, parents, students

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.5b40b579b17b

It began with a photo.

The girl had recently arrived in the United States, one of about 1,000 unaccompanied minors placed with relatives in Prince George’s County last year. When her uncle gave her some Nike Cortez sneakers, the 14-year-old posted a picture of herself wearing them online.

Then the threats began.

“Which [gang] do you represent?” asked an older girl in Spanish on Facebook last fall. “If you wear Corteses you know what kind of trouble you’re in.”

The girl said she didn’t mean anything by it, but it was too late.

“I already have you being watched,” the older girl said. “You go to William [Wirt] and you’re in 8th [grade] and I also know where you live.”

[‘Heinous and violent’: MS-13’s appeal to girls grows as gang becomes ‘Americanized’]

Days later, the girl was sleeping when she began receiving messages from a boy, she recalled. It was well after midnight, but the seventh-grader told her to come outside, where he and some friends were waiting in a car. When she didn’t reply, he began angrily calling her. They were MS-13, she recalled him saying, and if she didn’t come out then they would come in and kill her and her family.

They took her to an apartment where the boy showed her an array of knives.

“He said he could cut my guts out,” she told The Post.

The girl described the attack to Prince George’s and Bladensburg police that day. She said her assailant chose her from several girls at the apartment.

“He said, ‘I’m taking this one,’ ” she told a female officer, according to a recording her father made of the interview. “He began to touch me. The other ones left, and he began to take off my clothes.”

When she told him to stop, he took out a knife and said, “Look what I have here,” she said.

“Then he began to rape me,” the girl told police. “I began to cry because it hurt.”

But later, when a male officer questioned her, the girl began to worry the gang would come after her so she recanted, she told The Post.

The girl spent the next couple of weeks at home, angry and depressed, she said. When she returned to school, she and her father met with school officials. She said she told them that she had been raped by a student in MS-13, and identified him, but the school took no action.
    ^ I suspect it made Fox News' day when they saw this story.

Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    I'm where you are. There's reason for us - everyone - to be horrified EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Yet, here we are. And what you and Nichols highlighted is why. I think that is why I'm so discouraged. It feels like it's never going to matter, ever again. If none of the last 8,000 things haven't been enough, what will be enough? There was a point where I wasn't worried about 2020 and potential for a second term, but now I'm terrified of 2020. Because, Jesus Fuck. The assface is wildly popular amongst his base. That base will come out in droves. And sure, I think ours will too, but if we don't come to a consensus as a party we are so beyond screwed that the light from screwed will take 1 billion years to reach the Earth.
    I really don't think he'll be able to pull out a second term. There were two types of people that voted for him in 2016, hateful racists and people who legit think liberals hate them cause they don't have a college degree, and Bernie Bros that were pissy about Hillary and other people who thought at the time that the things Hillary did were shady. The former will def vote for Trump again. The latter, I don't think will. Hillary won't be running so the Hillary haters will already be less likely to vote for the other party cause it's not her. The people who thought she was shady will see the BS that Trump is pulling and recognize true shittiness. Hell, I think some more constitutional Republicans...republicans with "principles", might even vote against Trump in 2020. And who knows..maybe in 18 months some of those coal miners are still going to be without a job and realize Trump was blowing smoke up their ass. I think a lot of Republicans are embarrassed right now and that's going to show in 2020.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar

awww shit! This is what we've been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I really don't think he'll be able to pull out a second term. There were two types of people that voted for him in 2016, hateful racists and people who legit think liberals hate them cause they don't have a college degree, and Bernie Bros that were pissy about Hillary and other people who thought at the time that the things Hillary did were shady. The former will def vote for Trump again. The latter, I don't think will. Hillary won't be running so the Hillary haters will already be less likely to vote for the other party cause it's not her. The people who thought she was shady will see the BS that Trump is pulling and recognize true shittiness. Hell, I think some more constitutional Republicans...republicans with "principles", might even vote against Trump in 2020. And who knows..maybe in 18 months some of those coal miners are still going to be without a job and realize Trump was blowing smoke up their ass. I think a lot of Republicans are embarrassed right now and that's going to show in 2020.
    If... IF! Russia doesn't meddle again. Which they will.

Otherwise I totally agree with your assessment and I hope you're right with every fiber of my being.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I think it's very possible he could win. Incumbents USUALLY do. The economy is doing fine enough. I mean, the pee tape being simulcast across the country isn't going to lose him a single vote. If we get complacent, he'll win. We have to assume that there are going to be voting irregularities again. Suppression, tampering. We have to come out twice as hard to hopefully count half as much. And we have to hope that while he has the support of most Republican voters, that he doesn't have the enthusiastic support of enough of them to go out in key battleground states and actually vote.

So we mostly have to hope for extraordinary dems and lefty bernie bro types turnouts and a depressed GOP turnout.

I can't imagine he has won over a single person in the last 18 months, but if Dems don't turn out bigly, we're fucked. And since no one has taken any steps to make sure elections are fair, it has to be record-breaking turnout.

And, to be fair, it has been in most of the primaries.

I don't think we can hope that his faithful will turn on him. He will lie. He will say he will lie and they'll still believe the lie. He did it this week: he said if NK doesn't work out he'll blame someone else. Logic didn't get them on his side; logic will not get them to turn. We just have to hope enough people who went "Gee, I really hate Hillary and he won't be this clownish if he wins" go "Oh hell no" and vote Dem, third party, or stay home.

And he has to win the primary. If Never Trump Republicans got their shit together, they could get him gone. They could change the RNC rules to make him turn over tax returns. They could get rid of him in perfectly legal ways, but they won't. No one wants to be the one to stick their neck out after McMullen not getting support when he did.

You guys NEED to start organizing marches again and never ever stop. Just don't stop. Someone suggested a general strike, too.

I don't even want to imagine this baby's fate from here...

If there was ever any doubt that he didn’t give a shit about kids being torn away from their parents at the border.

News tonight: Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving. Imagine someone worse than SHS as press secretary?

I almost lost my damn mind when I saw this story earlier

korean. war. veterans'. parents.

This was outrageous as well, in a different way. The whole thread, of course, but the picture of the mural just... I can't.

I mean, apart from the nakedly fascist overtones with this mural of the Orange Overlord, that maxim is wild. "Let's rip hundreds of children from their parents and then suggest they go to war with us"? I guess admitting that they're radicalizing a whole group of people against them is a novel turn...