Page 343 of 343 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343
Results 5,131 to 5,136 of 5136

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    "Shitler go home" is my favourite.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    Legally we can have him sent to the tower, ground up, and fed to The Ravens for disrespecting Brenda. Probably.
    Dooooooooo iiiiiiitttttt!

Also, IKEA has better cabinets is brilliant.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I get really stressed out all the time still. Like it doesn't matter what happens in November if kavanaugh is confirmed next week. Or not as much, I guess. Like there'd be that almost irreparable damage as something else a maybe-blue house could try to fix. Those kids aren't going back to their families. They're still TAKING kids. Not enough people care about any of this. Gerrymandering, suppression, tampering all loom in the elections.

And then someone puts Mueller into perspective and I get a little bit of hope. I mean, Bob could get Trump on video colluding and it doesn't mean shit if people vote R and congress pretends not to care. But I hope. I hope that he'll dig up enough that the tide starts to turn. The deplorables are gone forever, but just a few of the centrists, the independents... it's all we need.

Like the last time he indicted an American and a Russian, meaning he couldn't pardon the American without it being like "hey, why not the Russian?" and he couldn't pardon both because it'd be like "Dude, you're pardoning russians?" It's clever. Just like whoever let the pics of Manafort in prison out. It's a reminder for the Stones, the Don Juniors... "This will be you soon."

They’re moving fast now. On Wednesday the GOP confirmed the new assistant attorney general, Brian Benczkowski, someone who’s never actually tried a case but who worked for Russia’s Alfa Bank. Gee, why would they put someone from Alfa Bank with zero DOJ experience in that role? Because he’s the next in line after Rod Rosenstein.

Then just two days later, on Friday, the GOP announced they were planning to impeach Rosenstein, which would put the Alfa Bank stooge in charge of Mueller’s investigation. What do we think he’ll do with it? I bet I know!

Funny that the GOP announced this impeachment news after Rosenstein announced the new indictments, meaning they heard what he said and still want to stop the Mueller investigation. It’s blatantly obvious which side they’re on, and it’s not America’s. My guess is a whole hell of a lot of them are swept up in this and they think firing Mueller will prevent the truth from coming out. At this point they’re not even trying to cover up their corruption so that seems to suggest they’re getting really desperate.

I don’t feel good about the midterms at all. I feel like the majority party in this country has now sold us out to a hostile foreign power and there’s nothing any of us can do to change it.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I *think* the Rosenstein is posturing. Appealing to the deplorables. They have to be able to do the math to know it CANNOT HAPPEN. 2/3 of the Senate for conviction? Ha. But it isn't comforting that they're posturing. It could be a long-term plan to put that ... benadryl... guy in. To give Trump a reason to make Sessions fire Rosenstein. To try to pressure Rosenstein to recuse himself. But I think he'll stand firm and if Trump had the balls to play those cards, they would have been played.

I'll just look at more British protest signs when I feel my bloodpressure rising.

"We shall over comb."

Oh and there is some kind of CNN drama. Trump refused to take a question from Acosta. None of the other press people stood up for him. SHS lied and was like "jim was so disrespectful blah blah blah" and he wasn't. And now they're pulling WH guests from Tapper's Sunday show.

Hey you know what would help? Everyone sticking together on certain things. The times we've been successful the most these last 18 months have been when we've had a unified front. Journalists need to just dial back the "I'm not part of the story" code. You're making it worse for everyone. You don't have to spit on him and call him names, but your profession is being dismantled while you nervously pace and stutter about civility.