Page 373 of 374 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374 LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,595 of 5598

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Not that it matters or that anyone with critical reasoning skills would be surprised by this (part of me is like... didn't we already know this? My brain is full of useless Tori lyrics and Harry Potter trivia so keeping track of the last 2-3 years minutia is taxing.)

Buckle up for A Friday, people (I was wrong about last Friday being A Friday, but not today)

Trump is also throwing a tantrum today. And the new AG pick is garbage, but like a hill of garbage instead of a full mountain. So... yay?

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    It's such a fucking shit show. Who knew that "drain the swamp" meant "replace it with a sewer"? Everyone. Everyone did. But yet, it's still being permitted to continue.

I highly recommend David's podcast, Deep State Radio. It is mostly, but not exclusively, about foreign policy and it's full of snark and cussing. They also commit to never having a panel of just men. Not that they can't find exemplary men, but they want to make sure that the space isn't always hogged by men, as so often happens. Anyway, he wrote this after all the Cohen recs came out yesterday. I don't quite have my "I step away for one minute..." curse still, but I had stepped away for a bit when it all broke and I came back from dinner and it was like Lucy and the conveyor belt of chocolate, trying to keep up. There's a lot of opinion, a lot of speculation, but I found this to be a good mix of both, breaking it down if you don't want to listen to a bunch of pundits or read 10 articles.

So we know this, Russian government representatives reached out to the Trump campaign in 2015 and undertook multiple initiatives and had multiple points and series of contacts with Team Trump for the next couple years.

It's not just the Trump Tower meeting. It's not just the interactions with Wikileaks. It's not just the Russian ties to Cambridge Analytica. It's not just Konstantin Kiliminik, a Russian agent working hand in hand with campaign chair Paul Manafort.

It's not just the ties between Flynn and the Russians. it's not just the links between the Russians and Eric Prince through the meeting in the Seychelles and beyond that. It's not just the ties of Wilbur Ross. It's not just the Trump Organization dealings with Russia.

It's not just Jared Kushner's dealings with Russia. It's not just Kushner and Flynn's dealing with Kislyak during the campaign. It's not just the candidate Trump asking for Russian help. It's not just the GRU hacking for which indictments have already taken place.

We can go on. But let's not stop before we discuss the many benefits the Russians delivered to Trump via hacking, the dumping of files, the manipulation of social media and other avenues...all to support Trump over Clinton. Nor should we fail to discuss the benefits Trump...

...offered the Russians since he gained power. There was his covering up their hacking and his efforts to slow investigations of it. There was his denying the conclusions of the intelligence community about the Russians. There were the talks between Flynn and the Russians...

...about waiving sanctions. There were the meetings with Trump when he was president when he handed over classified information to the Russians. There were whatever promises or concessions were made in Helsinki. There was a pattern of placating the Russians or...

...failing to enforce sanctions for months and months. In other words, there was plenty of quid and plenty of quo ($50 million penthouse apartments and the promise of big deals or financing benefits aside).

From the outreach to Cohen to just the first mos of the admin we can count more than a dozen separate avenues of connection at the highest level. In any normal campaign or administration, just one would set off alarm bells and have the president calling the FBI into action.

But instead, in addition to those dozen avenues, the offers that were explicitly or tacitly accepted, benefits to both sides & the overt betrayal of the U.S. to advance the political or economic interests of Trump and those close to him, we have the president obstructing justice.

Actively obstructing. Threatening to fire all those getting closer to the truth. Lying and lying and lying some more and urging staff to lie and witness tampering and so on.

This is not a case of possible collusion. This is sweeping, multi-layered, high level conspiracy led by Vladimir Putin and the Russian intelligence community and involving the active cooperation and complicity of a man who was a candidate for president and then president...

...as well as his entire team. This is the biggest scandal in the history of the American presidency and there is not another that is close to it. But that is not all we know.

The DoJ believes the president of the United States directed the commission of campaign finance felonies as a candidate. The NYT produced extensive and compelling evidence of serial tax fraud by the Trump family. The state of NY is investigate fraud in their charities.

The House will soon begin investigation of Trump money laundering. A case involving his violation of the Constitution's emoluments clause is under way. In other words, as massive as the Russia scandal is, it might not be the biggest Trump scandal.

It might not even be the scandal that brings Trump down. But what we know is that all of these or any of these scandals must bring him down. This criminal has no business being the White House. He has no business walking freely among us.

2019 is going to be the worst year of Donald Trump's life except for all those that will follow it. These cases will be investigated further and then proven. Some may be prosecuted while he is in office. Some may wait until he leaves office.

But someday this is already certain, no senior American public official--not Richard Nixon, not Andrew Johnson--will go down in more disgrace or be more reviled by history than Donald Trump. And that is as it should be.
    And while this was someone else's, I love it and it fits.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I am not sure how likely this is to happen but it feels good to read it anyway.

Also, on a scale of who is the worse President. Trump blows right pass Nixon.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Con Man Trump makes Nixon looks like a kitty cat.

Old news, I know, but this is priceless...

snort

compensation: $179,700 per year. Many perks, including a security detail and weekly trips to golf resorts aboard a customized Boeing 747.
    https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...769672891.html

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    so Trump had "Nancy & Chuck" over for some talks to prevent a government shutdown. It did not go well at all. I hate him so fucking much. I thought he came off terribly in the press coverage. But who knows anymore. He seems like he really wants the shutdown. I hope he gets it.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I thought Mexico was going to pay for the wall. Now it's going to be a shutdown, but he also doesn't need the Dem's because the military will build it now? WTF.

Nancy, she's the best.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Cohen just got sentenced to 3 years! As nice as it is to see him finally being held accountable, it doesn't feel like much. I want more indictments!

ETA:

This just broke today and I think it is going to be pretty big: 'National Enquirer' Owner Admits Paying Off Ex-Playboy Model for Donald Trump

American Media Inc., parent company of the National Enquirer, won't be arguing that its "catch and kill" approach to unflattering news about Donald Trump is protected by the First Amendment. On Wednesday, the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York announced that AMI has admitted that a $150,000 payment to ex-Playboy model Karen McDougal was made in concert with Trump's presidential campaign for the purpose of influencing the election.
    AMI is cooperating with SDNY. I remember hearing about a literal safe containing catch and kill Trump stories at National Enquirer. This is going to be very interesting.
    Last edited by .chris; 12-12-2018 at 08:39 PM.

I’d say it’s more than interesting.

If you’re not watching Rachel now, watch the rerun. As she always does, she lays it all out. Between AMI and Cohen, it’s clear that the prosecution thinks it’s not only individuals we’re talking about here. We’re talking about the Trump Organization. The organization itself is part of the conspiracy. Specifically, anyone who can write checks for the company is liable. There are five people who can write checks; one of them, the CFO, has cooperated and will not be charged. That leaves four people.

Donald, Donald, Eric, and Ivanka.

They’re all fucked. Today really may have been the official beginning of the end.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama