Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,591 to 1,597 of 1597

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I've had a headache for three straight days (non-politics or personal stuff... some kind of illness/allergy/what have you), so it takes a lot right now to make me happy.

Here's Regina's Favorite Thing Of The Day:

CPAC attendees trolled into waving Russia flags during Trump’s speech
    A liberal activist says “most people did not have a clue about what was going on.”

Speaking more soberly, Charter said the idea was to “shed some light on an important issue, but using laughter” in an environment where people are “being bombarded with negative news stories.”

He added that “most people did not have a clue about what was going on.”

“They took the flags and waved them not realizing they’re Russia flags,” Charter said. “I was actually really hopeful to see that a lot of people at CPAC were not Trump supporters, they were libertarians mortified at what Trump is doing.”

Crowd at CPAC waving these little pro-Trump flags that look exactly like the Russian flag. Staffers quickly come around to confiscate them.

fluid, affectionate, chaste, mature Carbuncle's Avatar
    you can all yell at me and tell me I'm off base. I might be. ^ but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the merits of this prank vs the "rape melania" troll. i realize it's not the same, but ....

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle View Post
    you can all yell at me and tell me I'm off base. I might be. ^ but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the merits of this prank vs the "rape melania" troll. i realize it's not the same, but ....
    I don't know what the rape melania thing is.

I don't mind this because it's a conference full of hypocrites and liars. The guy got caught and kicked out pretty fast and it doesn't do any real damage.

^What's the story with the "rape Melania" troll? I haven't heard about that. It sounds horrifying.

And oh God, that media thing. I was out all day at the movies, so I don't know much about it, but that is HUGE. Banning reporters because they wrote something you don't like....that's a whole forest of NO.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Oh come ON.

The Trump administration has enlisted senior members of the intelligence community and Congress in efforts to counter news stories about Trump associates’ ties to Russia, a politically charged issue that has been under investigation by the FBI as well as lawmakers now defending the White House.

Acting at the behest of the White House, the officials made calls to news organizations last week in attempts to challenge stories about alleged contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign team and Russian intelligence operatives, U.S. officials said.

The calls were orchestrated by the White House after unsuccessful attempts by the administration to get senior FBI officials to speak with news organizations and dispute the accuracy of stories on the alleged contacts with Russia.

---

The effort also involved senior lawmakers with access to classified intelligence about Russia, including Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) and Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairmen of the Senate and House intelligence committees. A spokesman for Nunes said that he had already begun speaking to reporters to challenge the story and then “at the request of a White House communications aide, Chairman Nunes then spoke to an additional reporter and delivered the same message.”

Unlike the others, Nunes spoke on the record and was subsequently quoted in the Wall Street Journal.

In an interview, Burr acknowledged that he “had conversations about” Russia-related news reports with the White House and engaged with news organizations to dispute articles by the New York Times and CNN that alleged “repeated” or “constant” contact between Trump campaign members and Russian intelligence operatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    ^What's the story with the "rape Melania" troll? I haven't heard about that. It sounds horrifying.

And oh God, that media thing. I was out all day at the movies, so I don't know much about it, but that is HUGE. Banning reporters because they wrote something you don't like....that's a whole forest of NO.
    The story can be found here.

Well, if the sign is real, it's gross. Embarrassing a Russian compromised group is a totally diffeeent thing than threatening an individual.

And if it's fake or false flag? That kind of trolling still isn't ok. Gotta go broad and be funny.