Page 277 of 337 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 5054

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

I watched Letterman’s new Netflix show tonight to see his interview with Obama. When Letterman announced him and the audience jumped to its feet, and Obama first walked out onto the stage, I immediately felt like I was holding back an ugly-cry. I miss when every day wasn’t an entire shitshow.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post

Seriously, thank fuck he's lazy and golfs so much. Because if he saw that, he would have surely tried to bomb NK with no further information.
    Almost makes me wonder if someone was doing this exactly for that response. If all they had to do was hit a button so easily, you know?
    Evil people.
    What's scary is putting yourself in their shoes.. and they went through this for 38 mins???
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Someone brought up the fact that it's a very real possibility there would have been at least one person who committed suicde because of this and it made me sick to think about. Because yes, if I had a way to do so and I got the warning that I was in a place about to be nuked... it's such a horrible way to go and such a terrifying idea to be sitting there and waiting for it. This was so fucked up.

They're claiming someone hit the wrong button. I really hope that's a cover up for something and it's not that easy to make such a colossal mistake.

ETA: This is why I am having trouble sleeping and it will be worse after today. This damn scenario.
    And I'm sure N. Korea isn't at this very moment sitting back with their legs propped up without a care in the world after something like this. The repercussions could still be in a planning phase. And I'm not being a fear monger.. but this could play into propaganda or maybe transcend propaganda.

I'm sorry, I just can't believe you hit one button and all the cellphones and some tvs get such complex emergency broadcasts.

Imagine the poor guy or gal who was having like the worst day or night of their lives, stressed beyond words, and they're already spinning, then this alert comes over the phone. ah

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I watched Letterman’s new Netflix show tonight to see his interview with Obama. When Letterman announced him and the audience jumped to its feet, and Obama first walked out onto the stage, I immediately felt like I was holding back an ugly-cry. I miss when every day wasn’t an entire shitshow.
    As much as I want to watch this, I probably won't. I've teared up reading snippets of the interview!

I’ve played this three times and laughed every time. Ana Navarro is never not entertaining when being interviewed about Trump’s latest awful comments.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I love when people are taken down by their own hubris. Not that this will take him down if it turns out to be scandalous, but it'll still be delicious. He cares so much about his image, so any tarnish is great.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Der Spiegel cover, on point as usual

That UI design is so bad it made my teeth itch.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

You've got to pity the poor operator who clicked the wrong link, haven't you? It doesn't look like it was a very difficult mistake to make.

That page is a fuckin mess, that’s for sure. But that’s still no excuse. I mean it says DRILL pretty clearly. It’s not like this was the type of situation where someone had to make a snap judgment and just happened to not read the list carefully.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    When I use GitHub and want to delete a repo, I get a screen like this:

You have to type the name of the repo you wish to delete after clicking the "Delete repo" button, and that's after a ARE YOU REALLY FUCKING SURE notice. Then click another button. I feel like alerting a whole state about an incoming missile should be at least as difficult to confirm as it is for me to delete a code repository.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I watched it too. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people literally hate Obama and love Trump. I don't understand how such hate exists and how such ignorance pervades our country. Obama is one of the most well spoken, intelligent, compassionate, logical, presidents we've had. Can you imagine what an interview with Trump would be like? A fucking 8 year old sitting there nodding and agreeing with how amazing he is and how he is the only reason for such success in America today.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

In my line of work, we make entirely new pages to contain testing options and reports, and even change the colors of those reports, just so there's no mix up and the business doesn't accidentally use the wrong one. The importance of this concept shouldn't be hard to grasp...especially on such a high level of impact.

I'm now getting a pop up message when I try to go to another page "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" !! HA HA RYAN!