Page 243 of 243 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243
Results 3,631 to 3,643 of 3643

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Yeah, it's barely making a buzz. The full article is here:
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...resident-pence
    It's the top story at news.yahoo.com

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    There is not a shred of humanity in this monster. He finally called one of the widows of one of the soldiers killed in Niger. "He knew what he was signing up for, but I guess it hurts anyway."

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Not to re-litigate this, but it needed a follow-up

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    There is not a shred of humanity in this monster. He finally called one of the widows of one of the soldiers killed in Niger. "He knew what he was signing up for, but I guess it hurts anyway."

But it's all about respect for our military and their families. :r

I know he's a sociopath, but his callousness never fails to amaze.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    I don't use Google or Facebook, but this has me wishing there was a good Gmail alternative: Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States

In the final weeks of the 2016 election campaign, voters in swing states including Nevada and North Carolina saw ads appear in their Facebook feeds and on Google websites touting a pair of controversial faux-tourism videos, showing France and Germany overrun by Sharia law. French schoolchildren were being trained to fight for the caliphate, jihadi fighters were celebrated at the Arc de Triomphe, and the “Mona Lisa” was covered in a burka.

Unlike Russian efforts to secretly influence the 2016 election via social media, this American-led campaign was aided by direct collaboration with employees of Facebook and Google. They helped target the ads to more efficiently reach the intended audiences, according to internal reports from the ad agency that ran the campaign, as well as five people involved with the efforts.

Facebook advertising salespeople, creative advisers and technical experts competed with sales staff from Alphabet Inc.’s Google for millions in ad dollars from Secure America Now, the conservative, nonprofit advocacy group whose campaign included a mix of anti-Hillary Clinton and anti-Islam messages, the people said.

The content of some ads left some employees of Harris Media—the Austin-based digital advertising firm that runs campaigns for Secure America Now—feeling uneasy. “It was designed to strike fear in people’s hearts,” said one former Harris employee who requested anonymity.

I unabashedly use hotmail! I don't care if it makes me seem like I am out of touch!

I deleted (not deactivated, DELETED) my Facebook account about a month ago. Fuck Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Yep, he's making America Great again!

Ugh.

I read this article this morning... and it made me think of the Twitter in Chief...

http://http://bigthink.com/philip-pe...searchers-find

We've talked about this before.... the man doesn't laugh! And his upbringing would have NEVER taught him humility, self awareness, or empathy.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Don't worry, he'll dedicate his next trophy (which he awards to himself) to Sgt Johnson.

I actually think when he said "he knew what he signed up for, but when it happens, it hurts anyway" wasn't in reference to the soldier, but to himself and his presidency. Yes, even as he was supposed to be comforting a widow, he was just thinking about and feeling sorry for himself.

While I don't think this controversy will bring him down, I do think it's stuff *like* this that has the best chance. He can pick on Hillary or Obama or other enemies of FOX news, real or imagined, but insulting veterans and their families? That's really going to chip away at his numbers. He won by too little to alienate BOTH sides with shit like this.

WaPo - Trump offered a grieving military father $25,000 in a call, but didn’t follow through

President Trump, in a personal phone call to a grieving military father, offered him $25,000 and said he would direct his staff to establish an online fundraiser for the family, but neither happened, the father said.

Chris Baldridge, the father of Army Cpl. Dillon Baldridge, told The Washington Post that Trump called him at his home in Zebulon, N.C., a few weeks after his 22-year-old son and two fellow soldiers were gunned down by an Afghan police officer in a suspected insider attack June 10. Their phone conversation lasted about 15 minutes, Baldridge said, and centered for a time on the father’s struggle with the manner in which his son was killed.

In response to queries from The Post, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said, “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda."

Trump said this week that he has “called every family of somebody that’s died, and it’s the hardest call to make.” At least 20 Americans have been killed in action since he became commander in chief in January. The Washington Post interviewed the families of 13 and found that his interactions with them vary. About half had received phone calls, they said. The others said they had not heard from the president.

Euvince Brooks’s son, Sgt. Roshain E. Brooks, 30, was killed Aug. 13 in Iraq. He has not heard from the White House. The president’s claim this week that he had called every military family to lose a son or daughter only upset the Brooks family more.

Brooks said that after watching the news on Tuesday night he wanted to set up a Twitter account to try and get the President’s attention.

“I said to my daughter, ‘Can you teach me to tweet, so I can tweet at the president and tell him he’s a liar?’” he said. “You know when you hear people lying, and you want to fight? That’s the way I feel last night. He’s a damn liar.”
    I'm gonna need to see a postmark on that mailed check, if it exists.