Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282
Results 4,216 to 4,228 of 4228

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

  1. #4216
    Mr. Tricorder Pete!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,330
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    This staged photo couldn't make him look more like an orange overgrown toddler if they stuck a pacifier in his mouth.

    Like... is someone trying to be subversive with this photo? "Here's the President, he has neither a desktop nor a laptop computer, no pending documents, not even a pen and a pad of post-its. But yeah, he's totally hard at work." There is no evidence that he even does a shred of work at this desk. This shit is just too weird.

  2. #4217
    werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,211
    They probably needed one image of him not golfing or yelling at the screen.

  3. #4218
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,332
    Now that I've seen this it's all I can see


  4. #4219
    trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,665
    I need the vapors. I'm watching this right now (I can't find the episode online to link to), and there is a woman in a focus group sitting straight-faced and saying she follows Trump's tweets, every tweet, and they're very intellgient, BRILLIANT EVEN, well-written, etc. and it's all the mainstrean media twisting things. And people are sitting there nodding their heads. Then another, "I think he's the best President we've ever had."



    Another said under Obama, black unemployment was over 50% (the highest it got was around 17%). They think ISIS is being brought to the US by Mexican immigrants.

    It always takes my breath away to HEAR this come out of anyone's mouth. It's one thing in the cesspool of the internet, but to see people say these things and truly believe them.

    ETA:

    Last edited by just owls; Today at 04:06 PM.

  5. #4220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete! View Post
    Like... is someone trying to be subversive with this photo? "Here's the President, he has neither a desktop nor a laptop computer, no pending documents, not even a pen and a pad of post-its. But yeah, he's totally hard at work." There is no evidence that he even does a shred of work at this desk. This shit is just too weird.
    Reminds me of the scene from Christmas Vacation:
    Last edited by Charles; Today at 04:26 PM.

  6. #4221
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Now that I've seen this it's all I can see

    Well, now that image has been surpassed


  7. #4222
    Senior Member uncanny hats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,410
    The Senate Democrats and Republicans have reached a deal to reopen the government.
    Last edited by uncanny hats; Today at 06:03 PM.

  8. #4223
    Senior Member HumptyDumpty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    817
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    OMG! How high school can you get?! That's so blatantly inappropriate.

  9. #4224
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,332
    My quick hot take: if the deal is contingent on fixing DACA by feb 8th (when the new CR expires), we can do this whole shit show again then if Mitch is being a lying sack of shit again.

    If the dems get strategy and messaging right (hahahahahahahhaha), they can spin this as "Look, we want people to get back to work, to keep things open and safe. We were promised DACA. You all heard Mitch," for the next couple weeks. Then when Mitch backs out and we head for shutdown again, they can spin "Look, we held up our end."

    I'm not personally affected so yeah, I want them to fight NOW, but if a cooling period gets Kelly and Miller out of the room and buys the left some credibility for the next shut down, I can be ok with that.

  10. #4225
    trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,665

  11. #4226
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9,332
    I hope that privately Chuck and Mitch (and they need Paul Ryan on board) work out a veto-proof bill. That orange asshole isn't going to sign it. I hope this is all posturing on Mitch's part, that he tried what he could and failed, now will do something bipartisan that will poll well for EVERYONE. Only the profoundly stupid and/or sociopaths are against this bill (again, the orange asshole). It'd be a great chance to put him in his place. remind him he doesn't run the show.

    That's my hope. My crystal ball is fuzzy. I think it's about 40% chance a terrible DACA bill, 40% another shut down, 20% something completely unexpected.

  12. #4227
    someone to fall back on Owen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sactown
    Posts
    2,258
    I have zero hope at the moment. This all boils down to dirty donnie and his nazi cabinet. They are the ones stopping progress from happening on this. Of course they are going to back out of the deal and screw DACA. And the back and forth on NAFTA is giving me palpitations. My fiance could lose his visa and job over this.

  13. #4228
    trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    4,665
    Last edited by just owls; Today at 09:39 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •