Page 317 of 317 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 4755

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Congress is setting Rosenstein up for removal on "legitimate" grounds. They're demanding stuff they shouldn't be and when he refuses, then Trump can fire him.
    They sent the Comey memos over, so their trap failed this time. Probably won't destroy Mueller investigation, but it clearly won't HELP it, given what a clusterfuck the House and Senate committees are.

Oh and did we not have a good laugh about Giuliani joining the legal team?

The bar, going to med school... what kind of impostor syndome/dunning-kruger effect bullshit did I convince myself of at an impressionable age when I see the caliber of people who join these professions? Not that Giuliani wasn't a good prosecutor once upon a time, but clearly he's not getting wiser with age. How did Carson become like the best surgeon in the country? How did Cohen pass the bar at all?

Giuliani was the person to whom the New York field office of the FBI was leaking Clinton investigation info, so he's at least a witness or a co-conspirator in that entire thing. I'm amazed he's not on Mueller's list. He'd been silent for so long that I assumed he'd flipped or was cooperating. This is pretty brazen. If he's not wearing a wire and working with the FBI to reduce his own potential jail time, it's further proof that all these people have gotten so used to getting away with being powerful and corrupt that they're flaunting it around in all of our faces. It's disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Giuliani was the person to whom the New York field office of the FBI was leaking Clinton investigation info, so he's at least a witness or a co-conspirator in that entire thing. I'm amazed he's not on Mueller's list. He'd been silent for so long that I assumed he'd flipped or was cooperating. This is pretty brazen. If he's not wearing a wire and working with the FBI to reduce his own potential jail time, it's further proof that all these people have gotten so used to getting away with being powerful and corrupt that they're flaunting it around in all of our faces. It's disgusting.

So apparently Trump's advisers are telling him (and the world) that Cohen will flip on him? Are they not just broadcasting the fact that Trump is guilty of criminal activity if they're saying his lawyer's gonna rat him out? Talk about amateur hour.

Interesting read at QZ, talking to a lawyer familiar with high-stakes SDNY prosecutions - like anything, I guess, salt to taste, but it sure sounds convincing.

Say you’re the SDNY and everything comes back and you confirm that there is an airtight case of bank fraud, that gives them all the bargaining power in the world. You sit down with Cohen’s people and say: “We’re going to indict you on bank fraud, on campaign finance violations, on tax fraud, on wire fraud, and on obstruction of justice or whatever else they found from the search. We are 100% certain of a conviction on bank wire fraud, it’s as clear as the hand in front of your face. I’m definitely going to win on these.”

You make the pitch: “I’ve got you on this stuff. You’re either going to plead on this, or I’m going to indict you.” And Cohen says, “if you’re going to indict me, why should I plead?” And you say, “if you make us indict you and go to trial I’m also going to add the campaign finance and the tax fraud and who knows what else. I won’t add this stuff if you plea, but your plea requires that you debrief on this other thing—POTUS.”
    Basically, Bob Mueller is playing three-dimensional chess, and Trump is playing tiddlywinks. Mueller is pummeling the shit out of him, and every lawyer on the planet can see it.

Here’s how I know: Every lawyer I know who has been contacted by the White House has represented terrible people in the past, and they all said, “no thanks.”

Oh, this headline...

Trump panics, accidentally hires alleged co-conspirator as his lawyer

At least Rudy Giuliani can commiserate with Trump about the pressure of facing an FBI investigation.

In his frenzy to find a lawyer — any lawyer — willing to join his crumbling legal team, Trump seems to have gotten confused and hired one of his alleged co-conspirators instead.

It’s unclear, however, if Giuliani is hoping to end the Russia probe on behalf of Trump — or to save his own skin.

According to the Daily Beast, Giuliani tried to broker a prisoner exchange last year between the U.S. and Turkey on behalf of his client, Reza Zarrab, a Turkish businessman accused of facilitating a money laundering scheme as part of a plot to evade U.S. sanctions on Iran.

Zarrab ended up striking a plea deal with U.S. prosecutors in November, leading to speculation that he may be cooperating with Mueller’s probe. If those reports are true, that would mean Giuliani’s current client (Trump) is the subject of an investigation in which a former client (Zarrab) is a cooperating witness.

And it doesn’t end there.

As the Daily Beast noted, Zarrab’s cooperation with Mueller could have major implications for Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who allegedly plotted to help free Zarrab on behalf of Turkish officials. While the deal never panned out, Flynn was supposedly offered $15 million to secure Zarrab’s release, and to kidnap exiled Turkish cleric Fethullah Gulen from his home in Pennsylvania and deliver him to Turkey.

Mueller is reportedly investigating the convoluted plan, and Zarrab is widely thought to be a cooperating witness.

So not only has Giuliani allegedly come under scrutiny in the Russia probe, but his former client may actually be a key witness — and now, Giuliani will be representing Trump in that very same investigation.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Democratic Party files lawsuit alleging Russia, the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks conspired to disrupt the 2016 campaign

The suit does not name Trump as a defendant. Instead, it targets various Trump aides who met with people believed to be affiliated with Russia during the campaign, including the president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., his son-in-law Jared Kushner, his campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Manafort’s deputy, Rick Gates.

The DNC lawsuit also names as a defendant the Russian military intelligence service, the GRU, which has been accused by the U.S. government of orchestrating the hacks, as well as WikiLeaks, which published the DNC’s stolen emails, and the group’s founder Julian Assange.

The lawsuit was also filed against Roger Stone, the longtime Trump confidante who claimed during the campaign that he was in contact with Assange

Mike Pence must be walking on a cloud today.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I've heard many, many people make the point that even Trump supporters don't seem to actually believe he's innocent. They always talk about Cohen, for example, flipping... Not, instead, Cohen lying and implicating Trump or something. It's like they've ceded the point unintentionally. I don't know if it's funny 'cause they're so dumb or scary 'cause it doesn't matter. Anyway, here's another good point on that issue.

I mean, I wouldn't be screaming about NO COLLUSION on twitter, but I'd like to think even you guys would be like "she doesn't seem to get into that kind of shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Mike Pence must be walking on a cloud today.
    I'm sure he is! What goes up...

Mike Pompeo, our current CIA Director and probably new SOS, told lots of people he served in the Gulf War. Except he didn’t. He was in a squadron of the army which never deployed.

This comes as zero surprise to me because nearly everyone in this administration is a liar and boldly/proudly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Did we talk about how turtle man refuses to let a Protect Mueller bill come to the floor of the Senate?

I know we're not the only two people who call him that. Jon Stewart did a great turtle man thing. But it cracked me up.

Almost as much as the new story. WaPo is saying Sessions said he might resign if Rosenstein is fired.

Since when did BEAUREGARD get professional ethics? Or is it because he'd feel like he was out of the loop? If Sessions resigns or gets fired, can he be replaced? Pompeo is not a shoe-in for SoS. And he's pretty much the best option that would deign to work at the current WH. You can only do so much appointing of active duty generals or acting cabinet positions.

And since it's a day that ends in 'y', he's been having a Twitter meltdown over a NYT article about how Cohen might flip.

Again to the point Regina made earlier about everyone just outright assuming there is something to flip *on*, doesn't he pretty much admit there's fire and it's not just smoke? If someone told me someone is going to flip on me and I didn't do shit, I would not be Hulking out. He also keeps making a point of kissing Cohen's ass ("I've always liked and respected him!") when by all accounts, he's treated him like shit on the bottom of his shoe forever.

This stuff... this is gold. He may have colluded with Russia. He may have a pee tape. Those things are harder to prove, classified if true, easier for his base to brush off (the bigger the lie, the easier they fall for it).

But these "minor" felonies, these every day thug behaviors... sometimes I think this is what is going to bring him down. (Yes, I know, maybe not the presidency, but I can hope while being practical).

These people have been... well... Silent All These Years... and now that a few are coming forward maybe more will. How many times has he been sued/sued others?

Q:
    Why is Trump even more pissy than usual today?

A:
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama