Page 384 of 385 FirstFirst ... 284334374382383384385 LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 5766

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    What an absolute mess!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    The redacted version of the Mueller report is being released to both the Congress and the public on Thursday morning. This should be interesting. I have no idea how this is going to play out. It will be interesting to see how redacted the whole thing is.

Meanwhile, Trump is distracting from the report by trying to get Ilhan Omar killed.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Thursday isn't going to make things better. Orange Julius Caesar is clearly already sweating bullets, we're not really seeing the truth. It's a train wreck in slow motion.

I'm holding out until Thursday to pass judgement. I wouldn't put it past Barr to really mess with us in the redaction process. However, I thought I read somewhere that Barr was working with Mueller's team on the redactions and that the White House hasn't even seen it yet. Of course no one really knows whats going on behind the scenes. I guess if Barr really fucks up, there will be some more leaking from the Mueller team.

Quote Originally Posted by .chris View Post
    I guess if Barr really fucks up, there will be some more leaking from the Mueller team.
    Which is what makes it the train wreck. Like everything else, it's been handled so poorly. NO ONE is going to be satisfied Thursday. Trumpers are going to feel it's made up by the x-crooked Dems, witch hunt blah blah blah. We on the sane side are going to be like "Um, that's nice but where's the dirt?"

It *will* be released some day. Maybe in the next dem's term. Or 50 years after we're all dead (hi, JFK assassination files!). But what we're getting now and the whole process is bound to piss everyone off.

I smell fear this morning

Everyone ready for the shitstorm that today will be? I'm fully rested and got some snacks piled up, but I don't want to be like *refresh refresh refresh* all day. I'd rather be afk all day and find out what happened at the end of the day, but sometimes I get too FOMO and can't look away.

Regardless of what this redacted version says, it's already a shitstorm with Barr giving a presser before anyone reads it, the WH reading it before Congress does, judges in the various cases indicating they're likely to order full releases, Nadler getting his subpoenas ready, and clearly trump himself being a big crybaby before the fact.

Remember: if you didn't read it yourself, be wary of conclusions based on it. Make sure you trust the person who says "this part here means..." Read the comments. Sometimes they're garbage but sometimes there's a person who says "I used to work DOJ and the policy is abc, not xyz like you claimed." Trump puppets have been training for this like the olympics. "Left" sources are going to fall all over themselves to prove they're independent and unbiased, which means they'll go too far in the other direction for appearance's sake. And remember we won't have the whole thing. Key points, game-changing things, could be redacted. There are more guilty pleas and jail time in this 2-year-old administration than all 8 years of Obama and 8 years of Clinton put together.

Stay hydrated and take breaks. God speed, you beautiful bastards.

This is going to be such a shitshow. I'm not ready at all. And of course they have to start off this nonsense with this sham of a presser. It is so amazing how they always get away with this shit. I wish I could go back to bed and just read the major takeaways this evening.

That Barr press conference was even worse than I thought it was going to be. What a fucking stooge.

How bad do you have to be that you make me miss SESSIONS?

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

It's slow. And it's scans so you can't highlight text to copy/paste.

Meaning we think he did it but because he's president, it's a little tricky and it should be up to a competent AG and Congress. And if he DIDN'T do it, we'd have said so.

Nothing to see here, I guess!

Anyone who defends SHS as a nice lady who makes pies can fuck right off. You're not a good Christian when you lie in furtherance of crimes and more lies and moral behavior that Jesus would be opposed to. Complicit.

Is she the worst in the administration? Clearly not. But she gets the "nice lady" treatment and it needs to stop.

Here's a good summary of the whole thing. I don't know how reliable he is as a reference, but it lined up with what I've been able to understand so far.

I'd like to also say I'm not celebrating this. I'm glad we got to see it and sunlight is the best disinfectant, but I'm not having like a Mueller party. I'm not happy and giggling. I'm not like "Take that, fuckers!" It's not like I don't see some things and comments as funny, or I don't really enjoy the idea that Don Jr wasn't indicted because he's too dumb to have known he was law-breaking (one of the few laws where knowledge of the law is required to be accused of breaking said law). It's just that at the end of it all, this is just really fucking bad.