Page 364 of 372 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 5580

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    So I think I figured out in my own head what my problem is. It seems that for Nancy that success is defined by a conviction (and removal) in an impeachment trial. And that success for Trump and the GOP is no conviction.

But for me, success is bringing his many, many crimes to light. To putting them on the record. To fight the fight, even if defeat is inevitable. It's the ability to say "I did the best that I could." Do I want him gone? Of course. Do I think someone like him should skate because McConnell is a dirtbag and all of the R congresspeople are cowards? No.

All I see are reasons not to ever vote R, but backing away from this gives me no reason to vote D.

^That's John Oliver's conclusion as well.

I think I complained about this the last two years and will next year (and hopefully not after that...), but it really bothers me that this orange doofus is president and ruining the Fourth.

Expensive tanks that shouldn't go on the streets of DC, potentially expensively ruining them for an exclusive party for the Swamp with MY tax dollars.

At least I am not alone in my outrage

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    too bad McCain did none of those things

Quote Originally Posted by lacuna View Post
    too bad McCain did none of those things
    It's amazing how much better (not good, just better) he looks now in light of Trump. Bumping his and the Bushes' legacies was the nicest thing he did for the GOP.

And problematic as he was, at least he hated Trump and were he still alive, he might have tempered Lindsey a bit. Or maybe not. At least he hated Trump and made Trump's day a little worse every time he was around. And I take my tiny victories where I can. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. At least for now.

She has a plan for that. Steve SFM's Avatar
    Trump is acting as Trumpy as possible, in order to prompt impeachment, which he thinks will benefit him.

It’s time to call his fucking bluff.
    And it's going to be how do we think government should work and who do we think government should work for?

I have a low fever and have a little trouble piecing things together tonight, but ... am I hallucinating this? Am I sicker than I thought?

asdfjd it wasn't a fever dream

#RevolutionaryWarAirportStories

Dearest Martha,

I have discovered the most wonderful confection at the airport this morning. It is called a Cin-a-bun I believe. A welcome change from the hardtack and jonnycakes.

The icing is a bit of a bitch on the dentures though.

@MattOMalley

“One if by land, two if by Gate C.”
    @gorillapond

"I only regret that I have but one checked bag to lose for my country." -Nathan Hale
    @SethCotlar

Put ye powder hornes and buckled shoes in ye olde bins. Poultices over 3 ounces must be left with the magistrate and can be retrieved at ye postmaster’s office upon return. Muskets and pipes are stryctly forbidden on board ye airecrafte.
    @phunnyphilly

Listen my children and you shall hear of the red-eye flight of Paul Revere...

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I guess I don’t see why these kinds of things matter. He biffed reading “seaports” as “airports” or something equally benign, just like when he walked out with TP on his foot. Hardly a matter of his horrific policy and the gleeful memeing reminds me of how the right went batshit with hot takes and memes over arugula and Dijon mustard.

On the note of horrific fucking policy, though, Mr. Dr. Carson is finally living up to the rest of the cabinet with a proposal to split up families with undocumented family members in Section 8. People are taking action by clogging the public comment section - a tactic which has successfully stalled the public charge policy against incoming immigrants for many months. Info here.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I guess I don’t see why these kinds of things matter. He biffed reading “seaports” as “airports” or something equally benign, just like when he walked out with TP on his foot. Hardly a matter of his horrific policy and the gleeful memeing reminds me of how the right went batshit with hot takes and memes over arugula and Dijon mustard.
    Because we need humor Perky. We need something to laugh at, just for a moment, while trying to keep the country from circling and disappearing down the drain. Dear god! Let me laugh again! Don't let me forget joy!
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    I guess I just don't find it funny so much as petty.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    -adds 'petty bitch' to resume
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Things are so dire and horrible, I'll take a laugh at something petty just to lighten my day.

Ew. Not shaming people in this line of work, but it is tacky and unbecoming for a normal president to have this kind of connection while still in office. And the NBA.