Page 281 of 360 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,215 of 5393

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Happy One-Year Trump Anniversary, everyone!! The government's shutdown (which seems fitting) but at least no one's been nuked. Yet.

So, uhhh... Michael Wolff was interviewed on Real Time tonight. Maher asked him if there was something in his book that he’d hoped people would ask about but haven’t, and he essentially spilled that Trump is currently having an affair. He says it’s near the end of the book and when you read the paragraph after Wolff’s tip-off you’ll immediately know who he’s talking about. Now I think I need to read it. Hope Hicks? Huckabee Sanders? Conway? I wonder who it is?

I’m thinking Hicks.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

There’s also an interesting paragraph about Nikki Haley.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Nikki Haley, the UN ambassador. Haley — “as ambitious as Lucifer,” in the characterization of one member of the senior staff — had concluded that Trump’s tenure would last, at best, a single term, and that she, with requisite submission, could be his heir apparent. Haley had courted and befriended Ivanka, and Ivanka had brought her into the family circle, where she had become a particular focus of Trump’s attention, and he of hers. Haley, as had become increasingly evident to the wider foreign policy and national security team, was the family’s pick for secretary of state after Rex Tillerson’s inevitable resignation. (Likewise, in this shuffle, Dina Powell would replace Haley at the UN.)

The president had been spending a notable amount of private time with Haley on Air Force One and was seen to be grooming her for a national political future. Haley, who was much more of a traditional Republican, one with a pronounced moderate streak — a type increasingly known as a Jarvanka Republican — was, evident to many, being mentored in Trumpian ways. The danger here, offered one senior Trumper, “is that she is so much smarter than him.”

The stakes were very clear to Bannon. Haley, quite an un-Trumpian figure, but by far the closest of any of his cabinet members to him, might, with clever political wiles, entice Trump to hand her the Trumpian revolution. Indeed, fearing Haley’s hold on the president, Bannon’s side had — the very morning that Bannon had stood on the steps of the Breitbart town house in the unseasonable October weather — gone into overdrive to push the CIA’s Mike Pompeo for State after Tillerson’s departure.
    I thought it was Hicks based on her description and general character throughout the book, but rereading the epilogue (and to be fair, maybe it wasn't in the epilogue but I don't want to read the whole book again right now), it sounds like Haley. If it's true.

Yeah, “spending a notable amount of private time with Haley on Air Force One” and “being mentored in Trumpian ways” isn’t being very subtle.

(note that this isn't accurate as to services, just funny)

I liked Daniel Lin's "shutdown timeline" tweet as well

The GOP is really trying to push #SchumerShutdown. But facts still matter.

Hands up if you're shocked.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    This staged photo couldn't make him look more like an orange overgrown toddler if they stuck a pacifier in his mouth.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    ^That skit was everything. It was direct. It doesn't require people matching allegories and metaphors to the correct text. It doesn't hope people watch different works of art or television like The Handmaid's Tale and jot-list all the references.
    It's literally "Donald Trump could fuck his son and it probably would not matter." lol *cries*

I woke up this morning and Oprah was doing a facebook live with Rupaul and the way they were talking about the regression.. how at one time it seemed we were progressing and we would always progress.. Oprah was talking about how progress isn't a straight line. It goes back three steps, etc. And she doesn't really understand why.
    Rupaul talked about how it's all JFK's fault because his sisters told him.. one day, because of JFK, everyone would own 8 pairs of shoes.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    That skit was depressingly real. Watched it last night and sorta laughed from like, sadness? Can sadness make you laugh?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Look at the make-up/fake tan in this picture

I honestly think that’s one of the best SNL skits in a long time. Like Volta said, it was very direct; it took one strong idea and bore down on it from various angles. It was based on something that a lot of people actually feel. This was reinforced by having the actors break character and actually being about Jessica Chastain having a meltdown over Trump. And the actors were all great, especially Jessica. Just great.

I try not to be despondent about Trump. I succeed. Usually.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama