Page 283 of 294 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 4408

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Now that I've seen this it's all I can see

Haha.
    That desk is very shiny. Not a single piece of paper, either. Very silly photo. Very much the truth.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    My quick hot take: if the deal is contingent on fixing DACA by feb 8th (when the new CR expires), we can do this whole shit show again then if Mitch is being a lying sack of shit again.

If the dems get strategy and messaging right (hahahahahahahhaha), they can spin this as "Look, we want people to get back to work, to keep things open and safe. We were promised DACA. You all heard Mitch," for the next couple weeks. Then when Mitch backs out and we head for shutdown again, they can spin "Look, we held up our end."

I'm not personally affected so yeah, I want them to fight NOW, but if a cooling period gets Kelly and Miller out of the room and buys the left some credibility for the next shut down, I can be ok with that.
    I think what saves Mitch is that he said over and over again he was waiting on Trump to tell the GOP leadership what he wanted. And he repeated it many times. All Mitch has to do is ride the storm out. They figured out how to get the government back to work in the Senate alone. In a lot of ways, as much as I can't stand Mitch, I know he hates Trump and wishes he was dealing with someone like Pence.

The House will never vote for anything that includes DREAMers. If they do, most of the journalists I've heard said Trump has two really right-wing guys in his ear saying it's too liberal.
    Last edited by Volta; 01-23-2018 at 01:07 AM.

A lot of my friends are pissed with the democrats for caving in. I really don't know what to think when it comes to this past weekend and what went down with the democrats.
    They shut it down. They can't escape that during their re-election campaigns. But people do tend to forget things in 10 months time. I don't know.
    I'll tell you one thing.. i'd love to see new faces besides Pelosi and Shumer. New leadership would go a long way for me.
    Last edited by Volta; 01-23-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I'm not mad exactly, but I get the anger. They felt it was Sophie's choice, that they could only save one. Maybe that wasn't true, but I get why they did it, why people are mad it's not enough.

There are supposedly TWENTY THOUSAND DACA teachers. Can you imagine TWENTY THOUSAND teachers just up and disappearing in six weeks? That's insanity.

Somehow crazier than this here bullshit.

President Donald Trump is known to fake an Indian accent to imitate Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi during Oval Office meetings, according to a report.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Apparently I need to try to catch Maddow from tonight because this shit seriously has been pissing me off all day.

CHIP is the law! It needs to be funded. It's not some liberal pet project. Acting like this is some great concession that was made is just not true, and it's harmful to pretend otherwise. CHIP is not a controversial program. They just decided to take it hostage for this exact reason. People need to stop acting like this is some victory. We're so fucked. Beyond fucked.
    Last edited by just owls; 01-23-2018 at 04:08 AM.

A Pence rant. Please skip if you don't care one lick about him. No new information.. just my worries and fears.
    Last edited by Volta; 01-23-2018 at 08:11 AM.

Remember all those near-massacres that Obama inspired with his hate speech and lies? Neither do I.

Man arrested, accused of threatening to kill CNN employees

"Fake news. I'm coming to gun you all down," the man told a CNN operator, according to court documents obtained by WGCL-TV.

He allegedly later called CNN again, saying, "I'm smarter than you. More powerful than you. I have more guns than you. More manpower. Your cast is about to get gunned down in a matter of hours."

"I am coming to Georgia right now to go to the CNN headquarters to f---ing gun every single last one of you," he said.

The FBI were able to trace the call and arrested the man over the threats.

President Trump has repeatedly attacked the media, including CNN, calling coverage of himself and his administration "fake news." The network was among the winners of Trump's "Fake News Awards" last week.

Trump also retweeted out an edited GIF of him wrestling a man with the CNN logo superimposed on his head, as well as an image of him with what appeared to the CNN logo in a splatter of blood on the bottom of his shoe.

And FBI Director Wray (comey's replacement) threatened to quit bc of interference of trying to get a deputy fired.

Schumer withdraws offer on Trump's wall

Chuck Schumer is taking his big spending boost for Donald Trump’s border wall off the table.

The Senate minority leader, through an aide, informed the White House on Monday that he was retracting the offer he made last week to give Trump well north of the $1.6 billion in wall funding Trump had asked for this year, according to two Democrats. And now they say Trump will simply not get a better deal than that on his signature campaign promise.

Schumer “took it off,” said Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin, the No. 2 Senate Democrat. “He called the White House yesterday and said it’s over.”
    Hmmm. I don't know... do we give credit to Chuck that this was the plan all along? I was mad about wall funding, but if it meant DREAMers could stay, I could swallow the bitter pill (and hope in one year funding gets cut off). This seems to me that we are heading for another shithole shutdown because Trump and the GOP aren't going to budge without wall funding... which should make Trump's "Make Mexico pay for it base" lose their shit if you forget they're intellectually dishonest.

I mean, if Trump starts tweeting how Chuck won't pay for the wall Trump promised Mexico would pay for, is that really going to play favorably? Can the GOP really go back to their districts after excessive tax cuts for the rich AND a spending bill on a wall that was promised to NOT be with our money?

I don't have a lot of faith in the Dems having strong strategies, but I'd like to just pretend today that it's planned out carefully by Chuck and not just reacting to last week's bullshit (where Mitch and Trump wouldn't even talk to him).

Oh such fun today!

Mueller interviewed Comey a year ago.

The elf himself, Sessions, last week.

Now, he wants to talk to the piece of shit in the Oval Office.

Do you think Mueller knows the truth and he's allowing them to perjure themselves? Wishful thinking?

That’s exactly what he’s doing.

Can Sarah Huckabee Sanders somehow be involved in this and go down too?

Trump asked the acting FBI director whom he voted for during Oval Office meeting

Shortly after President Trump fired his FBI director in May, he summoned to the Oval Office the bureau’s acting director for a get-to-know-you meeting.

The two men exchanged pleasantries, but before long, Trump, according to several current and former U.S. officials, asked Andrew McCabe a pointed question: Whom did he vote for in the 2016 election?

McCabe said he didn’t vote, according to the officials, who like others interviewed for this article requested anonymity to speak candidly about a sensitive matter.

Trump, the officials said, also vented his anger at McCabe over the several hundred thousand dollars in donations his wife, a Democrat, received for her failed 2015 Virginia state Senate bid from a political action committee controlled by a close friend of Hillary Clinton.

McCabe, 49, who had been FBI deputy director for a little more than a year when James B. Comey was fired, is at the center of much of the political jockeying surrounding the investigation into potential coordination between Trump associates and the Kremlin. He has for a number of months been the subject of Trump’s ire, prompting angry tweets suggesting that the Russia probe is politically motivated by Democrats sore about losing the election.

McCabe, who has spent more than two decades at the bureau, found the conversation with Trump “disturbing,” said one former U.S. official. Inside the FBI, officials familiar with the exchange expressed frustration that a civil servant — even a very senior agent in the No. 2 position — would be asked how he voted and criticized for his wife’s political leanings by the president.

One person said the Trump-McCabe conversation is of interest to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III.
    WITCH HUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Can Sarah Huckabee Sanders somehow be involved in this and go down too?
    PLEASE!