Page 299 of 300 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300 LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 4495

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Imagine the poor guy or gal who was having like the worst day or night of their lives, stressed beyond words, and they're already spinning, then this alert comes over the phone. ah
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I watched Letterman’s new Netflix show tonight to see his interview with Obama. When Letterman announced him and the audience jumped to its feet, and Obama first walked out onto the stage, I immediately felt like I was holding back an ugly-cry. I miss when every day wasn’t an entire shitshow.
    As much as I want to watch this, I probably won't. I've teared up reading snippets of the interview!

I’ve played this three times and laughed every time. Ana Navarro is never not entertaining when being interviewed about Trump’s latest awful comments.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

I love when people are taken down by their own hubris. Not that this will take him down if it turns out to be scandalous, but it'll still be delicious. He cares so much about his image, so any tarnish is great.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Der Spiegel cover, on point as usual

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar

That UI design is so bad it made my teeth itch.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

You've got to pity the poor operator who clicked the wrong link, haven't you? It doesn't look like it was a very difficult mistake to make.

That page is a fuckin mess, that’s for sure. But that’s still no excuse. I mean it says DRILL pretty clearly. It’s not like this was the type of situation where someone had to make a snap judgment and just happened to not read the list carefully.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    When I use GitHub and want to delete a repo, I get a screen like this:

You have to type the name of the repo you wish to delete after clicking the "Delete repo" button, and that's after a ARE YOU REALLY FUCKING SURE notice. Then click another button. I feel like alerting a whole state about an incoming missile should be at least as difficult to confirm as it is for me to delete a code repository.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I watched Letterman’s new Netflix show tonight to see his interview with Obama. When Letterman announced him and the audience jumped to its feet, and Obama first walked out onto the stage, I immediately felt like I was holding back an ugly-cry. I miss when every day wasn’t an entire shitshow.
    I watched it too. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that people literally hate Obama and love Trump. I don't understand how such hate exists and how such ignorance pervades our country. Obama is one of the most well spoken, intelligent, compassionate, logical, presidents we've had. Can you imagine what an interview with Trump would be like? A fucking 8 year old sitting there nodding and agreeing with how amazing he is and how he is the only reason for such success in America today.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post

In my line of work, we make entirely new pages to contain testing options and reports, and even change the colors of those reports, just so there's no mix up and the business doesn't accidentally use the wrong one. The importance of this concept shouldn't be hard to grasp...especially on such a high level of impact.

I'm now getting a pop up message when I try to go to another page "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" !! HA HA RYAN!

Bannon is being subpoenaed by the Mueller investigation.
    This should be entertaining.

Also, at the House behind-close door meeting today, Bannon tried to use executive privilege to not answer questions about the transition period. What he seemed to not understand is that only presidents (not president-elects) can invoke executive privilege.

^ Yes, he emerged out of the toilet and now Bannon is going back. This should be entertaining indeed, I just wish it was happening TOMORROW.

This article says that there is a second page warning but the operator clicked it anyway. Maybe it should blink. I don't know how reliable this source is, but it sounds plausible.
    Hawaii’s missile alert interface had a one-word difference between sending a test alert and a real one

Still, there is a second confirmation page as a safety measure, asking if the employee is sure they want to send the alert, which they also mistakenly pressed “yes” on.

Richard Rapoza, the public information officer for Hawaii’s Emergency Management Agency, tells The Verge that while the image above is not an actual image of the emergency alert system, it is “an acceptable representation of our system.” An actual image can’t be released “for security reasons,” Rapoza said. But these samples were given out as a means of explaining what happened.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    The physical results are out and despite the doctor having (or at least used to have) a good reputation, it's making things worse because he sounds like a quack and the results seem fake. Trump claims he's 239lbs (108.4kg), and that... that is ... farfetched. I don't want to fat shame him but I also think when there are LIES, it's hard to just let it go. And why in the world should we believe this after all the other lies? If this somehow were the one truthful thing, what basis do we have to trust them?

Especially when given this:

(Remember there was a story he lied about his height because that kept him out of the obese category?)

Sigh.