Page 299 of 337 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5054

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

DIEING ffs

Yes, I was dieing in agony being forced to watch Alex Baldwin every Tuesday too, also.

Who is Darrell Hammond and where did he go?
    "Best known for his impersonations of Bill Clinton." Oh sure that guy.

He does do Trump, but Trump is too stupid to realize that,’with the same writers, Hammond would be just as vicious as Baldwin is.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    While it wasn't exactly QUIET today, it was the most subdued Friday we've had for a while and I realllllllllly needed it. I wonder if it's just we're on information overload and it takes a truly exceptional story to make it feel like everything's on fire or if the storms just were the priority of reporters, both in things to report and keeping other stories from breaking because work couldn't be done as usual.

I'm really worried about the announced tariffs on steel and aluminum, there are articles coming at it from every angle. I don't even know whether to take it seriously, but the world is.

Trump’s Tariffs Prompt Global Threats of Retaliation

Trade wars are very bad for the economy, but that's where we're headed if this goes through.

President Trump’s close friend and former advisor Carl Icahn dumped millions in stock of a steel-dependent company just a week before Trump announced his trade war. That’s an impressive bit of clairvoyance, don’t you think?

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I don't know how true it was and I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that some country/bloc would reciprocate tariffs on motorcycles and bourbon... the biggest exports from Wisconsin and Kentucky. Like "Hey, Trump is fucking awful, but if you, Ryan and McConnell, can't keep him in check, we're gonna make you pay." Because it's so amazing, I can't believe it was really true, but I like the idea that maybe it could be.

The GOP congress and base has put up with a lot but this does seem to be pissing them off more than pussy grabbing. I don't know if they'll consider it the price to pay for a conservative judiciary or decide that the economy won't take until after the midterms, but this isn't going to drive them to do anything about the maniac driving us off the cliff.

Plus, how done of a deal is it? Some things, like muslim bans and DACA fuckery, go through, but other things, like taking guns then due process, are just ramblings and disappear as soon as he talks to someone else.

eta: right after I posted this, I saw these two driving comparisons, so I see I am not alone in this metaphor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    President Trump’s close friend and former advisor Carl Icahn dumped millions in stock of a steel-dependent company just a week before Trump announced his trade war. That’s an impressive bit of clairvoyance, don’t you think?
    Shortly before Trump announced tariffs, his former adviser dumped millions in steel-related stocks

A Feb. 22 SEC filing shows Icahn sold off his $31.3 million stake in the Manitowoc Company, which is a leading global manufacturer of cranes for heavy construction based in Manitowoc, Wis., according to the company’s website. Since Trump’s announcement Thursday, Manitowoc’s stock has plummeted to about $26. Icahn — who has had majority interest in several companies including Motorola, Xerox, Family Dollar and Pep Boys — had sold his shares for about $32 to $34 each, according to the SEC disclosure, which was first reported by Think Progress.

And:
    Trump trade tariffs: Europe threatens US bikes, bourbon and bluejeans

Europe has warned Donald Trump to expect retaliatory strikes against American icons like Harley-Davidson, Levi’s jeans and Kentucky bourbon, if he sparks a trade war by going ahead with punitive US tariffs on foreign steel.

The European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, warned there would be consequences for the US if Trump’s threat of a 25% tariff on steel and 10% on aluminium imports takes effect.

“If the Americans impose tariffs on steel and aluminium, then we must treat American products the same way,” Juncker told German television stations.

“We must show that we can also take measures. This cannot be a unilateral transatlantic action by the Americans,” he said. “I’m not saying we have to shoot back, but we must take action.

Business Today: sign up for a morning shot of financial news
    Read more
    “We will put tariffs on Harley-Davidson, on bourbon and on blue jeans – Levi’s,” he added.

His warning came as the International Monetary Fund said that Donald Trump’s plan would cause international damage – and also harm America’s own economy.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I wish the SEC would go after him for insider trading.

Katy Tur just had the weirdest on phone interview with Sam Nunberg. Catch it if you can. Suffice it to say that a. Nunberg is refusing to comply with Mueller's subpoena and b. that he thinks that Mueller may have something on Trump. It was especially dramariffic and I think Nunberg may be going to jail and will definitely need a new attorney after this.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar

Did he do a bunch of meth this morning?

what is going on

Last edited by just owls; 03-05-2018 at 08:23 PM.

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    I've been following this Nunberg stuff too. It is really bizarre, even for today's standards. Something is certainly heating up. Jake looks like he is in disbelief.

He sounds terrified in that Tapper interview. And they all should be.

that's what struck me during the Katy Tur interview. He sounded like he was absolutely panicked. I wonder what is in his emails.