Page 329 of 360 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5393

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Of course, the other Trump story today was his incredible patriotism.

At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    The NFL Is Too Dumb To Realize That Donald Trump Is Never Going To Stop With This Shit

That a great and greatly conflicted experiment in self-government has come to this—a whole nation trying to talk a shitfaced trust-fund lout into a cab so that he won’t mow down everyone on the sidewalk, and then talking about what a fantastic job he did barfing in the ashtray—is one thing. It’s many things. But none of those things are complicated.

Everything, everything, about Donald Trump’s two-year war against the NFL, which took its latest oafish turn when the president disinvited the Super Bowl-winning Philadelphia Eagles from a White House visit that the team seemed less than eager to accept in the first place, has been predictable. The only people who could not have seen it coming are the very people who did not see it coming—the plump defective oligarchs who run the NFL, many of whom gave millions of their own dollars to Trump’s rancid failed prank of a campaign. They believed that Trump was their peer or their friend or anything but what he is and has always so blaringly been, so they tried to make some sort of deal with him on the player protests against police violence and impunity that Trump identified as something that could be weaponized in his favor.

Because NFL owners are quite stupid even by the water-brained standards of the ultra-rich, they devised a strange sort of tiered non-compromise compromise on the protests in the hopes that Trump would stop ranting about their league and the ungrateful, un-American, subhuman thugs who are both its labor and its product. They did this without the consent or even the input of the players, which displeased the players. And Trump, because he is Trump, did not accept the deal. He’s a man who only knows how to do a couple of things, but one of those things is to find a bruise and then push and push on it. He does that very well.

Trump told the owners this, directly, but they didn’t believe him. “You can’t win this one,” Trump reportedly told Jerry Jones in a phone call. “This one lifts me.” The owners thought, despite that, there was a solution that could lift everyone—a nice deal that lets everyone continue to do their respective looting in happy parallel. In that, they fundamentally misread the situation and misunderstood their counterparty. They haven’t listened to the people mounting the protests, of course, but they somehow misjudged Trump, too.

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Today from the Barrel Has No Bottom file:
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    That makes me seriously want to throw up.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Honest to god, I wish these fuckers would get hit by a bus and stop trying to kill the rest of us. I'm so sick over this. I'm tired of having to worry every day that I am going to lose coverage again. I went almost a decade without it because I was too sick to insure, and finally got Medicaid through the ACA. I almost died last year and woud have without insurance. And here they are...

But please, media, tell us more about how we need to be sympathetic to the horrible people who voted for this monster.

Or let’s write a million think pieces about Roseanne and Samantha Bee because that’s exactly what Trump and the republicans want you to do. The projection from the right about “identity politics” is really infuriating because they’re the ones who provoke everyone into fighting over identity politics.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Or let’s write a million think pieces about Roseanne and Samantha Bee because that’s exactly what Trump and the republicans want you to do. The projection from the right about “identity politics” is really infuriating because they’re the ones who provoke everyone into fighting over identity politics.
    And bleat on and on about the forgotten white working class. As if that is not some sort of identity politics, but just the default. I am 100% sure this will not get anywhere near the coverage that these sideshows get and it infuriates me. I know people say, "Well we can multitask". But most people aren't.

And I've got to say, I am extremely disappointed though not shocked at the apathy of the country as a whole with everything going on. Any single one of the things happening now would cause intense protests, and not just one day, in most other countries. I think social media activity makes people feel like they're doing something even though they aren't.
    Last edited by just owls; 06-08-2018 at 02:33 AM.

I was sort of like meh, another for Paul? Then i watched Rachel Maddow last night and she explained it well: Trump can't pardon Manafort for *this* set of crimes without leaving a HUGE question of "why didn't you also pardon the guy who is charged with him?" And he can't pardon a Russian national. I don't think he's that stupid? Or maybe he is and it just sets up a huge flare for when he does. So he can't pardon Manafort for *this* set without a huge fallout one way or the other.

I don't have faith in the GOP congress, but Mueller truly is brilliant. I hate the use of the words "perjury trap" for his interview with Trump, but I can see why a dirty, paranoid idiot thinks it's all a trap.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    And bleat on and on about the forgotten white working class. As if that is not some sort of identity politics, but just the default. I am 100% sure this will not get anywhere near the coverage that these sideshows get and it infuriates me. I know people say, "Well we can multitask". But most people aren't.

And I've got to say, I am extremely disappointed though not shocked at the apathy of the country as a whole with everything going on. Any single one of the things happening now would cause intense protests, and not just one day, in most other countries. I think social media activity makes people feel like they're doing something even though they aren't.
    This, x1000. In most western countries whenever freedom, equality or solidarity is endangered in modern times, it results in long and serious political debates and protests, as it should. USA is not one of those countries. I can't tell anymore if it ever was. People Google around for an opinion and post it on Facebook. That's it.

Are people sleeping? One of the dangers is seeing Trump as some inevitable result of a global trend, while the extremity of it is mostly just in the USA. I see so many people comparing Trump to almost every right wing politician in Europe, no matter how minimal the following or influence actually is - as if those he is compared to are even the same level of insanity. I'm certain the last time the Netherlands was under the political influence of someone who is as insane as Trump was not by election- no, it was when we capitulated to Hitler in World War II.

Living in a world where you have to second-guess everything you see and think is exhausting.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

So much going on here. Thumb on the top, other print on the bottom. No wedding ring. The 45s on the cuffs. The tie that never ends.

Did Macron squeeze him as a sign of dominance? Is Trump's health and circulation so poor that THAT's the result of a handshake? A combination of both?

The fucker did a press conference today and it was bad. Not as bad as the last one, but he was a rambling, stumbling, ill-informed idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    The fucker did a press conference today and it was bad. Not as bad as the last one, but he was a rambling, stumbling, ill-informed idiot.
    At least nobody's falling for it. Manifique!

The photos today are amazing