Page 330 of 360 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 5398

Thread: How Low Can We Go? The President Donald Trump Thread, I guess. :(

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    OMG Gx summits are normally the kinds of things that put me instantly to sleep but this Quebec one is giving me life.

Justin Trudeau trolls Trump with framed photo of his grandfather's Canadian brothel

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appeared to hold back laughter Friday at the G7 summit when he presented President Trump with a framed photo of a hotel and brothel that Trump's grandfather once operated in British Columbia.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted a photo of the moment — with Trump sitting in front of the Canadian flag and Trudeau sitting in front of the American flag — praising the gesture.

Trump's grandfather, Friedrich Trump, opened the Arctic Restaurant and Hotel in 1897 during the Klondike Gold Rush. It was one of the first properties in the Trump real estate empire.

Though President Trump has vehemently denied the property was ever operated as a brothel, history suggests otherwise.
    I'm dying. I mean, I should be incredibly offended that our president is too dumb to realize he's being insulted, but he totally fucking deserves it and Justin seems like the kind of nice guy who'll mostly forgive us as a nation when we have someone normal again.

And I'm not trying to slut shame sex workers, but we can all agree at least that historically men involved in women's sex work were almost always exploitative and gross. And no, people shouldn't be paying for their grandparents' mistakes, but it's not like Trump has been good to women AND ESPECIALLY NOT TO SEX WORKERS HOLY HELL.

Fortunately, a certain sex worker is currently getting sweet revenge.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    It's amazing how little work this needed to mimic a Rockwell

It makes me so sad that Canada is turning on us too. Please don't forsake us, maple brethren.

(former Trudeau adviser)

No words...just rage.

“Jews will not replace us!”

Some guy posted what looked like a press release for a “Free Tommy Robinson” rally in London. (Robinson is a far right, xenophobic leader in England; he was put away for a year or so on a charge of contempt of court or something like that.) The featured speaker? Our old pal Geert Wilders. He was complaining that Mediaite wouldn’t post a story about this, as if all media should be talking up that kind of shit.

Trump’s America.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

The "Free Tommy Robinson" rally that ran into the "Naked Bike Ride". :l

NSFW
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    JFC. A man killed himself after he was separated from his family at the border. Surely it won't be the last.

And then this? The fucking nerve?

Another agent familiar with what happened said he couldn't understand why Mr Muñoz "would choose to separate himself from his family forever" by taking his own life.

Quote Originally Posted by beanstew View Post
    The "Free Tommy Robinson" rally that ran into the "Naked Bike Ride". :l

NSFW
    When tosser met todger

Australia's flagship current affairs show also does Big Investigative Journalism, and fuck me, this is special.

I feel like it's been a long while since we heard anything about Page, it's all been Manafort this, and Cohen that. I like it when a drama circles back to one of its earlier supporting characters to move the arc forward a bit.

Page has been crying a lot on Twitter about how the US government spied on him. Yeah, funny how governments keep tabs on people who boast about being well-connected to the upper echelons of a hostile foreign government. One of the arguments his supporters (why does he have supporters?) keep making is that he hasn’t been questioned by the FBI or interviewed by Robert Mueller so they must not have anything on him. No, it just means he’s a target.

Good Twitter thread on Trump supporters

Last edited by Puddles; 06-11-2018 at 02:16 PM.

^ Yeah, that Tom Nichols thread basically said what I’ve been trying to find words to say. Trump is like a cult leader, and his supporters do not care about facts or policies or even the fact that Trump can spin on a dime and contradict something he said minutes before. All that matters is that he’s right, regardless of whether or not that’s true, and it’s why you’ll never be able to reason with them or prove them wrong with facts. And that’s terrifying, considering his support among Republicans is now something like 80%+.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    ^ Yeah, that Tom Nichols thread basically said what I’ve been trying to find words to say. Trump is like a cult leader, and his supporters do not care about facts or policies or even the fact that Trump can spin on a dime and contradict something he said minutes before. All that matters is that he’s right, regardless of whether or not that’s true, and it’s why you’ll never be able to reason with them or prove them wrong with facts. And that’s terrifying, considering his support among Republicans is now something like 80%+.
    I'm where you are. There's reason for us - everyone - to be horrified EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Yet, here we are. And what you and Nichols highlighted is why. I think that is why I'm so discouraged. It feels like it's never going to matter, ever again. If none of the last 8,000 things haven't been enough, what will be enough? There was a point where I wasn't worried about 2020 and potential for a second term, but now I'm terrified of 2020. Because, Jesus Fuck. The assface is wildly popular amongst his base. That base will come out in droves. And sure, I think ours will too, but if we don't come to a consensus as a party we are so beyond screwed that the light from screwed will take 1 billion years to reach the Earth.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iamstilljamiepoo View Post
    I think that is why I'm so discouraged. It feels like it's never going to matter, ever again.
    This is what keeps me up at night. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. I try not to let myself go too far down that rabbit hole, but I feel utterly hopeless about the future of this country.

This caption made me laugh for second. Then I realized this guy is the former PM of Belgium. Obama went a long way in bringing us back from being the pariah of the world after Bush, and we have plummeted so fucking far in not even two years.

Last edited by just owls; 06-11-2018 at 06:54 PM.