Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Albums

I'd say HAIM and Lorde are sure bets. They've both discussed the albums they've been working on as nearly finished. HAIM has been playing new (incredible!) songs live, so I'm hopeful.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Lana Del Rey
    Miley Cyrus
    Charli XCX
    Dead. To. Me. After their last shit albums. Maybe Miley will come back with something that's actually fun this time, but eh.

Sky Ferriera and Lorde FINALLY!!! Where have THEY BEEN???

I didn't mind that Lana album, it was nice to have on for walks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post

Robyn--I'd love a proper pop release rather than an EP of super clubby stuff like the last one. I know--get in line, right?
    r.
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE GET ON WITH IT ROBYN

I need new Goldfrapp in my life. I was really convinced (also by some sources) that they had recorded something and it would have been out this summer, but I guess that was false. But I know they've been recording lately, so hopefully something in May. Isn't that a popular month for new album releases, along with September?

Björk.

I guess Tori? Not getting my hopes up for anything mind-blowing.

London Grammar better release something new in 2017. They've been working on a follow-up to their last album for aaages.

I hope iamamiwhoami and St. Vincent are also working on something new.

The new My Brightest Diamond album seems promising. It hasn't been announced yet, but Shara has been recording a lot.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Dead. To. Me. After their last shit albums. Maybe Miley will come back with something that's actually fun this time, but eh.

"After the Afterparty" isn't promising but Charli's been getting consistently better afaic :P

2016 hasn't been too exciting for me, tbh. But there are a couple of things for next year I really want to listen; The Amos Family Band, Aimee Mann and Sarah Slean are my top three right now.

There's also rumors of GEM, a.k.a. What's Left Of Spice Girls Since Victoria Is Too Busy And Mel C I Just Don't Know What's Her Problem But Her Solo Albums Are Really Good. I bet it's gonna suck, but I think I should give them the benefit of doubt.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

wishing / hoping for
    - Patrick Wolf - he performed some new songs on tour this year, so I really hope for a new album soon
    - Years & Years - they just need to stop releasing singles from the first one (seems like half the songs from that album have been released and re-released as singles) and start working on album #2
    - Owen Pallett - it's been too long since the last one!

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    ^yes yes YES to those above!

This though...

But YES to Sky Ferreira and Lorde. It's a crime that someone as basic as Halsey has swooped in and co-opted their schtick.

Looking very forward to Lorde, Haim, and Tori for sure. I am definitely interested to see what Tori's response will be to the election, while being fully aware the record will be at least 25% Mac n Cheez.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    @AnaSilveraMusic tweeted
    Listening to Oracles almost-final mixes - can't WAIT to share in 2017! W/ @jasperhoiby @billlaurance @jsphnstphnsn & other awesome mujicians

Yay!
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    "After the Afterparty" isn't promising but Charli's been getting consistently better afaic :P
    That "No Angel" song posted was ok, but Sucker is a tremendous piece of shit compared to True Romance.

That "No Angel" song posted was ok, but Sucker is a tremendous piece of shit compared to True Romance.
    Don't worry, Charli is notorious for disavowing her previous material. She's done it with both of her albums. So, she probably agrees with you! I do love the Vroom Vroom EP, and it sounds like she's still exploring that sound.

I'm excited to hear the new one, though. Both SOPHIE and Stargate are co-producers. She talked about it as having two sides of one pop brain. Both of those guys are so different in how they approach pop, so it's going to be interesting to see how they interact with Charli's vision. I firmly believe that she gets it and appreciates the genre, so she knows which elements to pull in. "No Angel" sounds pretty good, but I'm more excited for this bonkers song called "Taxi."

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi View Post
    wishing / hoping for
    - Patrick Wolf - he performed some new songs on tour this year, so I really hope for a new album soon
    - Years & Years - they just need to stop releasing singles from the first one (seems like half the songs from that album have been released and re-released as singles) and start working on album #2
    - Owen Pallett - it's been too long since the last one!
    Yes to all of these. I need a good PW album and new gym music from Y&Y.
    I wanted Bjork to release a pop album, but I guess it won't happen : /