Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Albums

Lydia Ainsworth's second album "Darling of the Afterglow" is out March 31. Love this lady!

worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar

Just got back from seeing Sinkane in concert in NY. SO FUCKING GOOD. Just a nonstop dance party. One of my favorite shows.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Yay Lydia Ainsworth finally!!! Not a fan of the album title... but both those songs are wonderful, if slightly more commercial than Right From Real. I also never realized how much she looks like Paula Cole.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 02-18-2017 at 02:40 PM.

I'm honestly a little underwhelmed by the new Eisley album (Combinations is still one of my favorite albums ever), but I do really dig this tune and its video!

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Iamamiwhoami teased a new single cover, with a new name -- she's going by ionnalee now. Which I like, and tbh I'm surprised she didn't change it sooner. For awhile I thought "Iam.." was going to be temporary while her identity was "secret"

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar

Anyone else feeling this? I'm loving it, especially those languid mellow songs like "Bambi" and "Adaora". There are a few fiery bars and some clubby songs too, but mostly it's just so incredibly likable.

Came across this EP on iTunes and I am digging it. I think a lot of you will too!

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    Oooh, yes, Half Waif is great! I heard a track on Late Junction (brilliant radio show!) and was immediately hooked and have been streaming on Deezer since. She's also in Pinegrove.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

How did I not know about the new Riff Raff album coming out this Friday???? This song is amazing and the whole thing is streaming on NPR.

I've loved Hurry For The Riff Raff since catching them as a then completely unknown to me at a festival a few years ago. I'm very excited for the new album!

Jane Birkin has a new album - songs by Gainsbourg arranged for orchestra
    I really like the arrangements - her singing is not always my cup of tea, but overall, I really like her doing these songs this way:

some more infos on the project: http://www.visiteursdusoir.com/en/po...jane-birkin-2/

She is now over 70 and sadly seriously ill...

OMG it's been sooooo long since new Shannon McNally! Black Irish is out June 9th. The first single Banshee Moan sounds perfect.

Last edited by Nick; 04-07-2017 at 06:53 PM.

New Saint Etienne!

Saint Etienne - Magpie Eyes

Album Home Counties released on 2nd June. I can't wait!

New EMA! It's about time!

EMA Announces New Album Exile in the Outer Ring, Shares New Song “Aryan Nation”: Listen
    EMA has announced a new album, Exile in the Outer Ring. It’s out August 25 via City Slang. Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s Jacob Portrait co-produced the album. See the full tracklist and cover art below. EMA also shared the first track, “Aryan Nation.” She was inspired by the British film This is England, and how it spoke to the rising nationalist fervor erupting across the U.S. “Don’t let your discontent or your patriotism be exploited,” she said in a press release. “Don’t look down, look up.”

EMA released her last LP The Future’s Void in 2014. She also provided the score for the film #HORROR in 2015.

This is instantly my most eagerly anticipated album of the year!
    Last edited by beanstew; 04-20-2017 at 12:41 AM.