Thread: New Musical "Becoming Nancy"

New Musical "Becoming Nancy"

According to a segment on this morning's "NY1 On Stage," Anthony Drewe and George Stiles (the team behind "Honk!" and "Mary Poppins") are working on a new musical entitled, "Becoming Nancy." The musical is based on a book about a boy who is cast in the role of Nancy in the musical, "Oliver!"

In the musical, the main character has several musical artists that he admires and inspires him. Among them are Sting, Debbie Harry, ABBA, and Kate Bush. All of the musicians are featured posters on the wall in his bedroom and they, according to Drewe & Stiles, will "come to life and talk to him in the style of their music."

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I thought this was gonna be about the Kate/Nancy conspiracy where Nancy is actually Kate Bush.

imagine a future and be in it emanate's Avatar
    ^ I thought the same thing.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    That was exactly what I thought, also! This does sound fascinating. We did Honk! a couple years ago, for our middle school musical, and it was adorable.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I've been in Honk. I was a random swan. I also got to be a frog during the 'Warts and All' number, which stretched me as an actor.

"It's the jooooooy of motherhood..."

Get the fuck out of town.

Ok, you want a troll you got it.

Kari: fuck you go and have another 'oh my plays are so shit' panic attack and bout of depression for a month.

Ryan: fuck you Mister little Hitler power freak.

Nancy: fuck you Miss Hitler, obsessive psycho Bush freak who has nothing better to do with her life than spend hours and hours here.

SMYY: fuck off you fat cunt, never liked you from day one.

Spikey: whiney whingy twat ever since I met you that once at a concert!

The rest of you (well Kari included): you're pathetic with your need to take 10 meds a day just so you can walk out the house. Get a fucking grip. Boo hoo, my life is soooo tough it's soooo awful. You're a bunch of spoiled hyprocrtical insecure brats.

To anyone I've forgotten: fuck you. xxx

Thanks for bumping this thread, I forgot all about it. Whatever became of this musical?

Aww, damn. For a minute I thought this was a genuine new Kate Bush project. (Though I'd prefer just a proper, traditional new studio album to a musical anyway, so I guess it's okay.)

Quote Originally Posted by Puddles View Post
    Aww, damn. For a minute I thought this was a genuine new Kate Bush project. (Though I'd prefer just a proper, traditional new studio album to a musical anyway, so I guess it's okay.)
    It was just slightly Kate-related and then it turned into an in-joke, but yeah, me too to all of the above.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Aww, I wonder what happened with this show, it sounded potentially lovely.