Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl Half Time Show 2017

Super Bowl Half Time Show 2017

It'll be her most watched performance ever. I know many are hoping she'll make some kind of political statement. A source is saying she was told not to.

http://www.etonline.com/news/207705_...halftime_show/

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    I gotta admit I'm getting more and more curious to see what she's gonna do (if anything) in response to Trump. It kind feels like how could you NOT with that moment on that stage with the whole world watching, including him.

I'd love to see something bold from her, but I keep thinking about how disappointed I was when Madonna pulled the American Life video. She didn't want to be the next "Dixie Chicks," and I won't be surprised if Lady Gaga decides she's not interested in being a cultural punching bag right now.
    Last edited by Andyland; 01-25-2017 at 11:49 PM.

*double*

Yeah I've been thinking it would be cool (and understandably safer) if she sends a message via song choices. Like I am pretty sure she will do Come to Mama and Born This Way, maybe even Americano. And a cover of a protest song like People Have the Power would obviously send a strong message.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 01-26-2017 at 12:03 AM.

TOMORROW!

So excited to see the full performance. I've seen images and some video clips of the rehearsals, and I think we're in for something spectacular.

While I originally wanted a total FUCK TRUMP moment, I don't anymore. It'd be gratifying at a primal level, but ultimately, it's what he would want - the most watched television event of the year to somehow be about him. She said in a press conference that she won't be mentioning him, and that she'll be doing what she's always done, which is promoting unity and equality. So, I think there will be some kind of nod or message, but it won't be Trump's face with a Hitler stache. Nevertheless, I imagine purely by being a visible, liberal artist during this time will incite a backlash from Trump supporters and conservatives. Which... good. Fuck them.

Apparently the performance includes hundreds of drones. Should be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TOMORROW!

So excited to see the full performance. I've seen images and some video clips of the rehearsals, and I think we're in for something spectacular.

While I originally wanted a total FUCK TRUMP moment, I don't anymore. It'd be gratifying at a primal level, but ultimately, it's what he would want - the most watched television event of the year to somehow be about him. She said in a press conference that she won't be mentioning him, and that she'll be doing what she's always done, which is promoting unity and equality. So, I think there will be some kind of nod or message, but it won't be Trump's face with a Hitler stache. Nevertheless, I imagine purely by being a visible, liberal artist during this time will incite a backlash from Trump supporters and conservatives. Which... good. Fuck them.
    Love this, also love your 'sure, Jan' (Joanne??) avatar. The performance will be spectacular, this is our girl. Just seeing her do 'Born This Way' (surely?) in front of the entire country will be a moment. So proud of her.

I know it was billed as having no guests but I really thought Beyoncé might come out when she went into Telephone. I think the lack of guest appearances was a mistake, personally.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Oh man, I think she did such a great job. Really powerful vocals and choreography. Tons of complexity and high high energy and made it look effortless! I think it was smart of her to not go political, and to play up her biggest earworms... I give it a 10/10 really.

I wasn't really that impressed. Then again I'm not the biggest Gaga fan in the first place, I liked the little reference to Poker Face.

I thought she was great and I think her mission was to put on a good show and remind people of the time when everyone loved her and all those great songs, obviously to coincide with the announcement of her tour today.

Pretty crazy that those are drones behind her at the beginning. I couldn't tell from watching on television.

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    I wasn't really that impressed. Then again I'm not the biggest Gaga fan in the first place, I liked the little reference to Poker Face.
    Little reference? She sang most of the song...

I thought it was nearly perfect. I could have gone for Edge of Glory and A-YO but otherwise, it was a beautiful and thrilling spectacle. Just the right amount of politics. So proud!

here it is for anyone who missed it.

she really nailed it. i loved the flip she did when she was coming down to the stage after Poker Face into Born This Way.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 02-06-2017 at 04:40 PM.