Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    This snatch game was so
    But will you find me if Neil makes me a tree? - Tori.
    Heck yea I will, grrrl. You go be that tree, henny!

I guess the reason Wendy William's viewing party was cancelled is because of her transphobic comments on Caitlyn Jenner. Sheesh.

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    I thought this was one of the best Snatch Games ever, I loved this whole episode, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Malike-pakile View Post
    I thought this was one of the best Snatch Games ever, I loved this whole episode, really.
    I second this. Cynthia was horrible. Peppermint flopped. Farrah wasn't funny. However, everyone else was really good. There are plenty of worse snatch games!

i thought it was a good snatch game too. um. Sasha should have won the challenge. she made someone who is not considered funny fucking funny. her runway killed it.and i am not Team Sasha. And Valentina should have been in the Top. i laughed at her so hard. and her runway look was genius. i would have given Alexis at best maybe third place. and that is being generous. you see, i am one of those people who are bored when they do Cher and Liza. it is just basic and common to me. and her liza and Madonna were predictable. it was almost the same as her Gaga look. we had seen it before. and did not really pop in all the creativity around her. Alexis is probably one of the most basic and boring queens ever to grace Rupaul's drag race. i was living for Trinity too. And Nina. And Shea. Hopefully next week Alexis and Farrah will be in the bottom and Farrah will send her packing. i would live for that. the top girls were safe this week. Trinity, Valentina, and Shea. it is funny. Trinity used to be one of my least favorites. now, i love her.
    Last edited by Paul.; 04-29-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Thank you for saying this, I thought Sasha killed the challenge and the runway! I want either Sasha or Shea to take the crown!

I'm starting to love Shea more and more, she's allround and a strong personality and not afraid to sugar coat it. Trinity is growing on me as well.
    Sasha and Valentina are the most creative and polished by far, though. Both runways were FIERCE and both their snatch games delivered (I loved how Valentina picked miss columbia, she does know how to think outside the box!!).

I'm glad CLF is gone. She shouldn't have been given that second chance: I thought better of her prior to this season, tbh. She was just loud and unfunny. Sure, big heart yadda yadda but also a tad shallow and too lovey dovey.
    The next few episodes will probably see Farah, Peppermint (bless her) and Aja go home, they are the weaker links...
    Shea, Valentina and either Sasha or Trinity in the final 3..?
    post28!

When Peppermint loaded the gun up to finish CLF off.. I was living!!!! One of my favorite's of the season.
    The LSs for your life this season are going to be a fight to the death when things start to tighten up. Peppermint vs. Trinity.. omg grrrrrrl. There will be blood. lol If that happens. They both killed it. And Shea and Nina look like they could be forces to reckon with although I don't see Shea having to LSFHL.

These group challenges are ridiculous tests for the next drag superstar of the world.. and we get another one next week. I hope the final 6 or 7 we'll have forgotten all this mess and just be living for the show again.

I don't think CLF is really a drag artist in a typical sense. She's more like a motivational speaker in drag. And I think there is a market for that, for sure. I love that CuCu. Also it seemed there was a language barrier as much as she tried to not make it look like that.
    There were just rhythm issues and weird facial gestures at places in the song "Music" that were just not necessary. And most of what she communicates to Ru in the challenges are in Spanish or at least that's my observation.
    Last edited by Volta; 04-30-2017 at 12:25 AM.

yeah that was brilliant!!!
    post28!

poor Cynthia last year someone made a similar gif when Robbie Turner murdered her in the lip synch.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingPhoenix View Post
    And you know damned good and well that Peppermint knew exactly what tricks she was going to pull off at every beat of that song. I love MUSIC but the way she danced and cabbage patched to the beat was insanely brilliant. I didn't think it was going to be a great song to lip sync to, tbh, so wow. just wow.

Yas, Miss Peppermint. I hope to see her live, soon!!

If you can find this on youtube, the whole performance, when Peppermint said "I'm worried for her." bwhahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I don't think CLF is really a drag artist in a typical sense. She's more like a motivational speaker in drag. And I think there is a market for that, for sure. I love that CuCu. Also it seemed there was a language barrier as much as she tried to not make it look like that.
    There were just rhythm issues and weird facial gestures at places in the song "Music" that were just not necessary. And most of what she communicates to Ru in the challenges are in Spanish or at least that's my observation.
    I think you just hit the nail on the head. CLF is clearly a very loving, positive person who wants to put more of that out into the world. She's done extensive charity and advocacy work, and apparently, she's willing to foster the talents of new, aspiring queens. She literally NEVER threw anyone any shade and she was always willing to be supportive of others. There was a definitely a massive language barrier, but Cynthia is not a whiner. She's the rare contestant that never complained or offered up excuses. She just powered through with a positive attitude and made the best out of what she had. I don't believe she's a shallow person; it's just the way she may have come across due to said language barrier and the editing. Sadly, CLF wasn't very talented in most of the key areas (aesthetics, performing, branding). I think she hurt herself by picking the Cucu gimmick. It was a bad crutch, and very limiting. And to be honest, I'm pretty sure RuPaul and the production team knew that she was lacking in those departments. I believe that RuPaul wanted Cynthia back on the show so that it could feature a positive role model. Someone selfless and kind, who also fought til the very end with the right attitude. This might sound harsh, but I'm sure no one thought Cynthia had a chance at the crown. But like Trixie has said in the past, that doesn't really matter. The exposure Cynthia has gotten will allow her to help and inspire more people, and I think that's why RuPaul brought her back.

At DragThunderDome Eureka threw it down during the performance, henny. But it was Miss CuCu who had the fans. She was such a sweetheart. Her meet and greet after the performance was really special. Here is a clip of Eureka and CLF together:

And I just wanted to post a bit of CuCu's performance.. the ending of it. Her performance wasn't as fun and entertaining as Eureka's but they both were getting some serious tips. When I see a queen get a $10 dollar bill... that's just... and I am sure some people tipped more than that.