Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by dollsbitches View Post
    So this is what was posted on Wikipedia:

No. UGH WHY.

Oh Nina Bonifácia Echianaecea Brownie, go home!

Poor Valentina but it was a fair elimination.

I guess the Wikipedia predictions could be right?

Yes, I bet they're right, at least for the eliminated and the top 3. If they recorded the three finals, they can change it at any moment, right?
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    That was very shocking. She was a contender!! Now I have to rethink my entire top 3/4. Really thought she was a lock.
    The Untucked was so bizarre because Nina got into Alexis' head. But I was thinking the same thing Nina said. Alexis looked like she was throwing them under the bus, usually that person goes home. And she was the least successful in that group. But by getting into Alexis' head I think it totally relaxed Valentina. She was going on about being happy she was "editorial." She never learned the song.
    It totally tripped her up at a moment when she had no time to pull it together. What was she thinking not taking the mask off? People be taking off their whole outfits during a lip sync for your life.
    Nina was going to go home. All Valentina had to do was pop them hips and say the words, they were so going to send Nina home. She literally saved Nina's padded butt.

With Valentina out this gives Sasha a clear road to the final three. I think it will be her, Shea and Trinity. But my goodness if this can happen to Valentina... hell, Peppermint might sneak in if one of my top 3 gets canned.

I gasped when Ru made them restart. That's going to be a gag-worthy moment from the last 3 seasons when they roll the highlight reels and retrospectives for sure.
    Last edited by Volta; 05-21-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    Gone. When hope is almost gone, you know that's the time we must stand strong --
    Every girl in every band- Every cosmic cowboy in the land -to the Earth will you show mercy?

Stay strong, Nina.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Welp. Valentina's melodramatic exit was consistent with her character.

I think Nina and Alexis should have battled it out. But, Valentina is gone. I am team Trinity Taylor. She is my favorite now. They would not know who the winner is because the film exits for all the Top 4. The Top 4 is revealed before the crowning is filmed. they film each of the top 3 winning. so, you don't know until it airs who wins. i mean. unless someone in the top of WoW or RP's closest circle revealed it.

What the actual fuck. Valentina???
    Sorry, but even with the whole mask thing, that was the wrong call to make. She blacked out, it happens, she's young.
    Alexis and Nina both rank soooo far below Valentina that it's not even funny.
    Especially after the untucked it was obviously clear (well, to me) that she was one of the more charismatic and iconic queens of this season, the one you will remember.
    Booh!!
    post28!

I was excusing Valentina for being young, but she was born in '91, while Shea was born in '89, Eureka (and Jaymes) '90, Farrah '93, and Aja '94. I don't think it's youth but strong self-belief mixed with inexperience - what to do when things go wrong.

Many of her post-show bits are annoyingly starry-eyed - "world, take me under your wings," and "I would do nothing differently" when Michelle asked her what she would do given a magical do-over. I understand that positive-thinking is better than bitterness, but it gets in the way of her taking responsibility or admitting that it was a serious mess-up, rather than, giggle giggle, bats eye-lashes.

What a weird season. Substandard queens? Lazy editing? Lack of mini-challenges? Backstage drama between Ru and her make-up guy? A creaky formula?

awesome instragram illustration
    Last edited by hesterk; 05-24-2017 at 01:48 AM.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    What the actual fuck. Valentina???
    Sorry, but even with the whole mask thing, that was the wrong call to make. She blacked out, it happens, she's young.
    Alexis and Nina both rank soooo far below Valentina that it's not even funny.
    Especially after the untucked it was obviously clear (well, to me) that she was one of the more charismatic and iconic queens of this season, the one you will remember.
    Booh!!
    I love Valentina but she really didn't give Ru any choice. On Whatcha Packing with Michelle, she admitted she wasn't prepared and didn't know the song. That's how the game is played.

I've never hear of Watcha Packing... Is it some sort of after-show analysis with Michelle? Need to look that up

Anyway, I always thought that Valentina's starry-eyed and melodramatic posture was always mixed with a good dose of sarcasm and self-mocking, it felt more like a sincere desire and drive than over-confidence. She may not have been much younger than others but she hasn't been doing drag for long, and she sure did have some skills! (and was almost one the most creative 'thinking out of the box' queen. That Madonna Sexbook look? Clever! Miss Columbia for the Snatch game with the running mascara? Clever!
    I really thought she'd win. Oh well... Shea and Sasha are my runner ups
    post28!

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    I've never hear of Watcha Packing... Is it some sort of after-show analysis with Michelle? Need to look that up
    I can tell you how it goes, every fucking episode:

Visage: Would you have done anything different?

Queen: Hahaha no. *awkward smile*

Visage: "A lot of the kids we have on this show are in their own heads. This show is a journey, and you are exactly where you needed to be, in your life. Everything happens for a reason."

Queen: "o okay here is a dress."

Visage: *more Visage self help bullshit*

Queen: "I think it went okay?"

Visage: CACKLING NEW JERSEY BRAYING

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I would still watch 14 versions of that, to be honest.