Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    I was really starting to like everything about this season... even Trinity, even Kimora because she was obvs flailing. Then that lip sync... I don't know if it was one of the worst lip syncs, or the worst-edited one, but it was a train wreck from start to finish. Neither one got into it, but at least Jaymes sorta got the spirit of the song? Kimora looked ridiculous. A sexy showgirl routine for Love Shack?? She sucks.

Looks like she'll be around to provide petty drama for another 5 or 6 episodes.

I was surprised Kimora won the lip sync. I'm over her and her style of drag already. Every season we have one vapid body queen who knows basically nothing outside of reality TV stars and sex appeal. I predict she'll be awful in any acting/singing challenges and will bomb during Snatch Game (and probably play a Kardashian or Kimora Lee Simmons or something). I'll gladly eat my words if she proves me wrong, but so far there's nothing about her that screams "WINNER" to me.

Why didn't either of them use some of RuPaul's iconic moves from the actual Love Shack video during the lip sync? That could have been so campy and fun. I'm not a drag queen and even I know the fucking video by heart. (C'mon, the crazy body convulsions Ru does during the "wearin' next to nothin' 'cause it's hot as an oven!" line?!) Also, could Fred, Cindy, and Kate have been any more bored? They didn't really seem to want to be there. I was hoping for a lot more from this episode just based on the judges and the lip sync song choice.

And the Lisa Kudrow moment was weird as fuck. I love that Ru is a fan of The Comeback, though.

So far this season has too much bad plastic surgery, bad skin and bad make up skills (Aja, really girl?).
    And too much fucking Cucu, jesus christ...

Valentina is drop dead gorgeous though, and reminds me of that Tyra Sanchez beauty.
    Other faves are Eureka, Sasha, Nina and Peppermint (who I can see becoming miss congeniality this season).
    post28!

I still think Valentina will bomb once the acting/comedy challenges come along. Remember in that interview with Michelle (Valentina was the first queen announced) where Valentina said she doesn't really get/do jokes. Yes, that may come back to haunt her.

If they didn't feature Cynthia in season 9, it would have been the first season without a Puerto Rican queen (besides All Stars 2). Season 9 is the first one without a new Puerto Rican queen, so I'm still pretty sad.

But seriously... Cynthia!?!?!? Jake is right: It feels icky that it seems like the producers went "Ooh! She has a storyline now!" and slapped her onto the season. If a PR queen had to come back, it hands down should have been April Carrion. God bless Cynthia for being the first Puerto Rican queen to try the youtube personality thing, with the branding and whatnot, but.... she's just sooooo...damn...annoying!!!!! And her fashion sense is awful.

I was very happy to see the eliminated queen go home. The first two queens to go were rather predictable but now I have no idea who will go home next.

Maybe the other Vegas girl...

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Aja killed that lip sync. But she pulled out every drag trick there is "pointer sister," windmill, 2 drops: full spin split drop and death drop, and never missed a word.
    She won but what will she have if there's a next time? She's given it all. And how those panties didn't split on the first drop.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl.

The Drag god's was looking after hur.

She needs to fix that makeup, tho. Valentina doesn't even have a full year under her belt and she paint's like a pro. Aja looks like Joslyn Fox does her face.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    At this point, we know that every season a couple girls get a WOW Presents contract. Alexis Michelle is going to be one of those girls. Lady knows how to keep a conversation moving. Shit. I feel like she's the host of Untucked.

This is a great group of girls. They're just cool. They get it. This is my fav group since season 6.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    This week's Untucked felt like if you swapped Cynthia for Valentina, the "safe" group would be the top 8 for this season and it'll be a hell of a lot more interesting by that point. So far this definitely feels like the weakest season to me so far.

I love this group of queens, the challenges have been lackluster. I'm hoping Sasha and Charlie break out at some point!

where are the mini challenges and pit crew? is this because of vh1?

I think it's just a case of cramming a lot in one episode. I think later in the season both will make appearances

Sasha Velour should have been in the winner, or at least in the top. That brain in a cage Princess? Come on now. I'm so sick of queens always doing something raunchy and fishy.

Also, was Kimora even lip-syncing the right song? It looked like she didn't have any idea what she was doing. But... "she's pretty!"
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

So far, this is the least interesting season of the show. Not even the challenges are funny.
    The best thing of last episode was Cheyenne Jackson.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.