Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul's Drag Race: Season 9

What a horrible episode. The challenge was vomit inducing.
    I also hated the twist since

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I don't see myself rooting for any of these girls except for Nina and maybe Sasha. The rest? Boring. Aja is definitely my least favorite. Eureka is just tacky and not in a good way.
    I'm not seeing a Raja, a Bianca or even a Thorgy this season.

This season is a disaster, it's a shame.

it is a little pulled back. and it is coming off like an after school special. everyone is waaay to sensitive to be drag queens. comedy is not really politically correct. they need to cut loose. Alexis, Cynthia, and Sasha need to go next. i love Shea, Valentina, and Trinity. They are my top 3. Nina is my fourth. Her bitter attitude just kills her.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    What the fuck was with Alexis Michelle on this week's Untucked? Getting mad at the other queens for not dissuading her from wearing that plain ass dress? Really?

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    What a horrible episode. The challenge was vomit inducing.
    I also hated the twist since

i thought the opposite person was the one about to go.

I don't know, I feel like every episode is... Pointless. There's no real challenge for the queens to show they have talent (that mini challenge was the stupidest thing of the whole season, even more than the visit of Lisa Kudrow). They don't have to show their skills, they just leave because they don't wanna dance or because of any other reason. Their talent have nothing to do with winning or losing. It's so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    What the fuck was with Alexis Michelle on this week's Untucked? Getting mad at the other queens for not dissuading her from wearing that plain ass dress? Really?
    Yeah that made me eye-roll as well. Way to project, missy!!! Lame.

I'm surprised so many in here are saying this season is boring... I'm enjoying it a lot. I thought Eureka had very creative looks (so I'm glad she'll be back in #10), even though she acted like a dum-dum sometimes. Shae, Valentina and Sasha deliver in spades as well, and they're my faves at the moment. And I hope Nina gets her act together because I'd hate to see her crumble.
    There's a few obvious duds, though, this season. And I think that's why the whole show seems less... Aja still can't paint and does quite boring drag, Farah is too young and doesn't stand out and Cynthia gets on my nerves with her mannerisms. Alexis has charisma as a 'host' and performer but drag-wise it's not spectacular.
    post28!

Denn alles Fleisch, es ist wie Gras Malike-pakile's Avatar
    I like this season a lot as well! I think there are no weak queens left. If we pretend Cucu is not there, of course.

I'm just watching the John Polly recaps and bits of untucked at this point. This season hasn't been great. I enjoyed the Gaga ep but that was just because she was there.

But I do cackle at moments like this:
    http://spydoor-man.tumblr.com/post/1...0086/im-farrah

I think it's telling that the worst performances were as Kardashian girls - other than plumping the lips and butts and looking vain, there isn't much comedy there. Wonder if they'd have been allowed to use props, like selfie-sticks. (Not that Farrah-Nina-Cynthia gave it their all.)

Ru looked gorg. Wonder who did her make-up and dress this time. It's a bit up-and-down without her regulars.

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    I'm at peace with this being, IMO, of the the weakest seasons because AS2 kicked my arse. I LIVED for it. My fav ever lip sync happened in that season, too.

Maybe VH1 had a lot to say about production choices this time around? Maybe Ru is a little overworked? But anyway, glad some of you are into this season. Me, not so much. Still will be watching all of it.

And this horse was probably beaten to death unthread, but I just wanted to say that I cannot stand Cynthia for a second. Found her contrived in her season. Find her insufferable now. Is there a "reason" given as to why she was invited back? Didn't she even get Miss Congeniality?

Another site said the season had been filmed before the VH1 deal. I don't mind blaming VH1, they're a good faceless demon.

I wonder if new audience members aren't as bored. Us long-timers need a good cast since the show's settled down into routine.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    So I was at the DragThunderDome at Play in Louisville KY Friday night. Derby Season starts with an air show and fireworks called Thunder Over Louisville on Saturday.
    So Club Play is doing their thing.. they had non stop drag from 10-4am and EUREKA and CYNTHIA LEE FONTAINE were the headliners. Play had their full cast which included the weekend cast, the weekday cast, and a few special performers just for that night including Hurricane Summers (an amazing MC) from the old club Connections.

ANYHOW
    Last edited by Volta; 04-24-2017 at 09:52 PM.
    But will you find me if Neil makes me a tree? - Tori.
    Heck yea I will, grrrl. You go be that tree, henny!

Nice editing

Strong Black Vine!
    Last edited by Alamo; 04-28-2017 at 08:25 AM.