Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Tour

Getting really excited about the Disney Hall show! This will be my 6th time seeing Bjork live and I hope it will be as enticing as the previous times. I'm hoping she plays "All Neon Like" and I'd LOVE "Hidden Place"!

She was amazing. Absolutely amazing. After experiencing her with the 32 piece orchestra tonight I think the next logical place to go would be to write for opera or symphonic forms. She already has the basis of those forms in her work. She performed half of Vulnicura and then a set of her other work after intermission. I think after tonight i'm finally able to get into the Vulnicura songs, Lionsong was tremendous and really clicked for me. The acoustics of Walt Disney Concert Hall are so good, that the voice and instruments blended well and didn't detract from one another. Her voice...my god...her voice was so powerful and spot on. I think the decision to tour less has had a beneficial effect.

Set list:

Stonemilker
    Lionsong
    History of Touches
    Black Lake
    Family
    Notget

intermission

Aurora
    I've Seen It All
    Joga
    Vertebrae by Vertebrae
    Bachelorette
    Quicksand
    Mouth Mantra

Encore

The Anchor Song
    Pluto

Apparently, this was the last Vulnicura strings concert.

Quote Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

Apparently, this was the last Vulnicura strings concert.
    Yup, she announced this from the stage. I wonder what the FYF Festival appearance will be like in lieu of this. Maybe some new song debuts?

I was lucky enough to score a ticket to the LA show at the ninth hour. I’ve never felt so grateful! I cannot imagine I will witness a concert like this again. I can’t speak for the other sections, but my tier was the most respectful and reverential crowd I’ve ever seen at a concert. I had never been inside the Walt Disney Hall, so I was totally unprepared for how tiny it really is. The majority of the show felt like we were in Björk’s living room. Thankfully, the crowd understood - I spotted no phones out at all and it was eerily silent during each song. I won't soon forget hearing Björk's heels pound the stage in accompaniment to "I've Seen It All."

I’m having trouble putting it all into words. I guess the simplest description would be intimate. It was very special indeed when Björk announced this was the last Vulnicura show - she mentioned it had been 2 years of touring, it was an emotional concert, but she was grateful to end it here. My first Björk concert was almost exactly 10 years ago for Volta in Chicago, so it was wonderful to see her again a decade later.

Here's to FYF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    I wonder what the FYF Festival appearance will be like in lieu of this. Maybe some new song debuts?
    From a recent interview:

Quote Originally Posted by Björk
    I’m going to come back in July with Arca, with a 15-piece orchestra [for the opening night of the FYF Festival in Exposition Park on July 21] and we’re going to perform sort of stompers, if you will. That’s going to have a lot of visuals and surprises and special effects… and more celebrational and outdoorsy and festive.
    So I'd expect a similar setlist to Ceremonia Festival.

Björk gave a talk at Sónar Festival and then DJ'd for 4 hours dressed as a white scarecrow hidden in the bushes.

I hope she's not doing the facial cover-up stuff to hide aging. She looks great without it. That scarecrow suit can't be comfortable.

and then DJ'd for 4 hours
    makes me wonder what songs she played

Quote Originally Posted by dAmION View Post
    I hope she's not doing the facial cover-up stuff to hide aging. She looks great without it. That scarecrow suit can't be comfortable.
    She said in some interviews that she feels more comfortable with masks because she's tired of people taking pictures of her all the time. And that the DJing gigs are not about her, they're about other people's music that she enjoys, so perhaps it explains the cover-ups and the plants on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by seso View Post
    makes me wonder what songs she played
    Apparently she started very slowly, with classical music, ambient tracks, field recordings, and Asian folk songs, then building up to modern experimental grime and techno, and finishing off with some pop bangers from M.I.A., Rihanna and Ariana Grande.

She said in some interviews that she feels more comfortable with masks because she's tired of people taking pictures of her all the time. And that the DJing gigs are not about her, they're about other people's music that she enjoys, so perhaps it explains the cover-ups and the plants on stage.

Ah interesting, I can definitely see that. If she feels it gives her some anonymity.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    The Sia Effect.

^Truly!

Last night at FYF Fest...

01 Stonemilker
    02 Lionsong
    03 Come to Me
    04 Jóga
    05 Unravel
    06 Mouth's Cradle
    07 You've Been Flirting Again
    08 Isobel