Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Winehouse Thread: now with added shitstorm and actual death.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Out with Ronson last night

Prince Harry ban

Amy Winehouse may not be known as a shy girl. But when she went wild about Prince Harry, she was banned from going near him - and told to beehive herself.

She was only trying to attract his attention as he boogied with Madonna watching Jay-Z's finale at the Wireless Festival.

Unfortunately, our girl didn't do it in a quiet way - and yelled at the ultraexclusive side of the stage gathering: "Oi Arry. Oi Arry. How are ya luv? I only wanted to say 'ello to Arry. Oi." Classic.

The jaws of Beyoncé and Gwyneth Paltrow almost hit the ground. Madonna, Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button and even Kate Moss looked shocked. And though Sarah Harding was among those in hysterics at Amy's bid for an audience, organisers stepped in and told her to keep away.

That meant no backstage shindig with the ginger hunk. And though the officials relented later and let Wino back for the final set, she missed a right-royal treat.

For Harry wasn't at all fazed by her antics, throwing his hands in the air as he posed like a rapper to belt out the words to Jiggaman's 99 Problems.

A reveller said: "Amy was so desperate to get near him.

"She didn't care who heard as she yelled 'Oi Arry'. She sounded like Frank Bruno when he used to call out Harry Carpenter's name."

So poor Amy was also deprived of seeing Princess Bea shaking her booty alongside Beyoncé to Jay-Z's Encore.

Then there was Her Madgesty herself - with Madonna doing a granny dance with Gwynnie to New York Empire State of Mind. And an onlooker said: "She really went for it.

"In a dodgy baseball cap, she gave rivals half her age a run for their money as boyfriend Jesus Luz watched."

Jay then pulled out all the stops to close the Barclaycard-sponsored event. He drove the crowd wild when he brought out crocked Brit Mr Hudson, for Forever Young, and his protege J Cole.

And later the posse sang karaoke tunes of Jay's best hits on Def Jam Rapstar on Xbox 360 as they knocked back thousands of pounds worth of Armand de Brignac champers.

A source said: "There were a few sore heads next morning."

And sore throats, eh, Amy?
    And Blake is "happy" for Amy

Blake Fielder-Civil has revealed that he is happy Amy Winehouse is dating again.

Winehouse has been dating movie director Reg Traviss since the pair split for a second time last month.

Fielder-Civil told New magazine: "We decided that we'd try and get back together but it didn’t work out. It was as simple as that. I was staying in Sheffield and I wanted to stay up there and Amy was in London.

"People expect me to be upset, but the way I see it is that somebody I love is with someone really nice, so I’m really pleased for her."

It was recently reported that Fielder-Civil has been contacting his ex-wife up to thirty times a day in recent weeks.

She joined Mark Ronson on stage in London last night to play "Valerie"

SHE may be stalling on the album front, but AMY WINEHOUSE made a rip-roaring return to the stage last night.

The singer stunned fans at MARK RONSON's 100 Club gig in London, joining him for a surprise performance of Valerie.

All eyes must have been fixed on Amy's surgically-enlarged bust as she evoked memories of JUDY FINNIGAN's infamous bra-flashing wardrobe malfunction.

Still, while some may have grimaced at Amy's borderline trashy fashion sense, there's no doubting she's recovering well from her drink and drugs hell.

The volatile star kept clear-headed throughout the evening and resembled the striking, fresh-faced singer that first burst onto the scene - not least when she perched on a monitor to rest her feet.

After accepting a bottle of beer from Mark onstage, Amy followed-up her triumphant live appearance with an all-night celebration at the Sanderson Hotel and Bungalow 8.

Amy's performance came hot on the heels of producer Mark's claims that she still hasn't started work on her third album - despite Island Records bosses promising it will be out this year.

He told The Sun: "Amy hasn't been working on her next record.

"We just did a song together last month for a Quincy Jones tribute album that's coming out fairly soon so we've definitely been talking about it.

"When she's got 10 songs then we'll go down to the studio together."

Let's hope last night gave her a taste for it again...
    Photos

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT Stumpy's Avatar
    Uh, Amy. This is really embarrassing but your bra is showing.

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    ^ check out those nails in the last photo. yikes!
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

That doesn't even look like her face.

Amy's triumphant return to the stage

With boyfriend at his film premiere last night at Leicester Square's Prince Charles Cinema (July 13)

More photos

Glad she didn't wear her ballet slippers. Although those high heels look painful though.

Is that a bruise or a hicky on her boob?

^ Not sure; the report said it was a love bite but I don't know.

In other news - album by New Year?

Amy Winehouse hopes to release her new album by the New Year, it has been claimed.

Winehouse released Back To Black in 2006 but a follow-up has been delayed due to the singer's personal problems.

A source told the Mirror: "It's been an incredible past few weeks for Amy. She has completely turned her life around. It has been a long time coming - and she's been writing songs for what seems an eternity - but finally Amy is satisfied and believes she has an album worthy of a four-year wait."

The 26-year-old has apparently used her experiences as inspiration for the new LP.

"She's held meetings with the record label, Universal, and they are putting everything into promotion. A lot of the material covers her romance with Blake Fielder-Civil and their acrimonious split, plus, or course, her battle with the booze and drugs," the source said.

"It is very raw and very personal - it promises to be another classic. She is now narrowing down the material and hopes it'll be on shelves by the New Year."

The source also revealed that Winehouse has asked current boyfriend Reg Traviss to move in with her.

The director is said to have been a "calming influence" on the singer since they began dating in May.

"She's asked Reg to move in with her and he's agreed. He has met all the family and is a hit".

Of the "Valerie" performance, Amy says:

‘Mark and I recorded two versions of Valerie. We released the one that came out like The Supremes but I play the other version with my band. When I got there I completely forgot it was his version we were singing so I was probably a bit out of sync. It was really fun to be on stage with him, though.’
    And from The Metro, new album news

Beaming as she supported boyfriend Reg Traviss at the premiere of his film, Psychosis, Amy said she would have new hits for our iPods by January.

Ending the guessing game about the record, the 26-year-old exclusively gave us the full details during the bash at the Prince Charles Cinema in London’s Leicester Square.

‘The album will be six months at the most,’ she said, positively bouncing in her glam pink dress.

The Grammy award-winner added that it will be similar to her hit record Back To Black, explaining: ‘It’s going to be very much the same as my second album, where there’s a lot of jukebox stuff and the songs that are... just jukebox, really.’

While Winehouse’s previous attempts at a live comeback have been slated as ropey at best, the plucky star explained she liked to freestyle on stage.

‘I tend to write everything first,’ she said. ‘The live show is pretty much whatever it is for me.’

And on the prospect of a return to form and proving herself again, Amy added: ‘I just can’t wait to have some new songs on stage, really.’

So, will horror film director Reg – who has been credited with helping Winehouse’s recovery – be overseeing her next video then? Unlikely, said the star, adding: ‘I think Reg has got a lot on.’

After several bids to clean herself up in the Caribbean, Winehouse said it was good to be back – and to be sober on the streets where she once caused mayhem.

‘To be in London is a holiday, to be honest,’ she added.

Good luck to you, Amy. We await your comeback with eager anticipation.

Out last night (July 17)

Let's remind ourselves of the Amy of yore.

One year ago... (July 2009)

Two years ago... (July 2008) - Not for the faint of heart!

Three years ago... (July 2007)

Four years ago... (July 2006)

Five years ago... (July 2005)

Six years ago... (July 2004)

You are what you wear. Corey Haim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by menju56 View Post

More photos

wow, i think she looks like a hot mess. her boyfriend, on the other hand, has his look together.

oh, and menju, a lot of those photos you've put behind spoilers aren't showing up for me. (the photos in the above post)

i think the photos (that i can see) you posted of amy from a year ago are beautiful. she looks really good in those.
    It basically comes down to that word: love. I guess that's what it's all about.

Oh no. If it's the '08 ones, it's probably for the best!

I can't see the 2004 or 2005 ones either. In their place I'll post a two-in-one

Any more not working?

I'm thinking of doing a weekly Best of and Worst of Amy photo thing. There is a lot to work with!

Watching Nas at the Hammersmith Apollo

A "source" tells the Daily Star that Amy feels sorry for Lindsay Lohan

FORMER drug addict Amy Winehouse broke down watching the live streaming of Lindsay Lohan being sent to jail, telling pals: “That could have been me!”

Watching the Hollywood wildchild, 24, being handcuffed and led away made Amy, 26, very emotional.

A family source told Goss: “Amy was really tearful watching the drama unfold.

“It hit home hard that she easily could have ended up behind bars like Lindsay.

“After she hit a fan for the second time, Amy was only a judge’s decision away from going to the slammer herself.

“She now realises how out of control she was. She was pretty emotional as she told her dad how grateful she was for his love and thanked him for helping her get back on the straight and narrow.”

The one-time crazed singer has been in trouble with the law numerous times.

As well as being arrested on suspicion of drug offences, she was fined in Norway for possessing cannabis in 2007.

Amy was given a police caution for allegedly assaulting two men on a boozy night out in 2008, while she admitted attacking a theatre manager at a panto in Milton Keynes last Christmas.

She was cleared of hitting a woman at the 2008 Prince’s Trust Ball.

The source added: “Amy feels really sorry for Lindsay.

“She’s managed to turn her life around thanks to family and friends but Lindsay seems to have no-one looking out for her. It’s a sad situation.”

After watching LiLo’s fate unfold, Amy hotfooted it over to London’s Hammersmith Apollo to watch Bob Marley’s son Damian, 32, right, perform with American rapper Nas, 36.