Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The North America Native Invader Tour Discussion Thread - What are your tour plans?

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar

The North America Native Invader Tour Discussion Thread - What are your tour plans?

I know a lot of you are getting antsy/anxious about making plans to see Tori on the upcoming November/December tour. I thought I would start this thread, where we could discuss our plans, logistics, past tour experiences, our likes and dislikes with venues, etc.

I'm planning to visit the Northwest US for the first time as a tourist and also see Tori on tour in Portland, Oregon, Seattle, Washington, and Vancouver, BC if she goes to these places. I'm also probably going to do the cities near where I live in Birmingham, AL such as Nashville and Atlanta (hopefully New Orleans if she returns there). So I'm looking at 4-6 shows this tour.

I've never used AirBnB, but I'm thinking about using it in the Northwest because air travel alone is probably going to be really expensive, and I'll probably be renting a car to drive to the other NW cities.

I looked at Undented.com at past tours and it seems that she goes to the Orpheum in Vancouver most often, the Paramount in Seattle, and the Arlene Scnitzer Concert Hall in Portland.

Anyway, those are my thoughts and plans right now. I'm curious about everyone else's plans this tour season.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    If my schedule and bank account allows, I'll probably try for 3 shows. Atlanta obviously, maybe Nashville and hopefully Orlando. It all depends on what days of the week the Nashville and Orlando shows fall on.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    I might try to get to Seattle or Portland and combine it with a visit to my brother, depending on dates.

I don't much like the idea of seeing the NW during the cold months of November/December, but it's been my plan so I'm sticking to it.

^ The weather should be milder... rain rather than snow hopefully. But it might be fun for you to see snow given your southern ways!

You should visit Vancouver Island and Victoria in addition to Vancouver! Really beautiful. Proud Canadian here!

I always only see my one Toronto show everytime she tours (which is where I live). I was a ding-a-ling in 2001 and did not see the SLG tour show because I found SLG boring compared to her previous albums and instead saw Bjork's Vespertine concert. Bjork was amazing and one of the best live shows I have seen with the Inuit/Greenland choir and orchestra - - - but I forever regret missing Tori
    Robbing the muse...

StrangeLittleTour was amazing. I hate that you missed it, but at least you have the bootlegs.

Imagine this setlist live:

"These tears I've cried - I've cried a thousand oceans"

OMG - she did Raining Blood!!! I do not have a bootleg of this. What a perfect setlist... UGH.

Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall

'97 Bonnie & Clyde | Little Amsterdam | Mother | (talk) | Sugar | Rattlesnakes | Mr Zebra | Never Seen Blue | Cool On Your Island | (talk) | Cooling | Raining Blood | Pretty Good Year | Crucify | Hey Jupiter | Me and a Gun | Twinkle

Encore 1: Enjoy the Silence | 1000 Oceans
    Encore 2: Not the Red Baron | Daniel | Black Swan
    Robbing the muse...

Wow, you really missed a good one!

^ I know you love the brilliance of Raining Blood like I do.

I would love it if Native Invader actually does have a darker sound as the two images released depict. Imagine a tour where 75% of the songs are from Native Invaders, FTCH, BFP, SLG, SW (mixed with some LE, UTP, Venus)? I would die...
    Robbing the muse...

these days just seem to crush me
    chicago for sure. milwaukee (if she plays there but doubtful).

and for sure Nashville if she plays the ryman. it's on my bucketlist to see a show there

I generally only see her LA shows but I may take the trip down to San Diego if she plays there.

Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    Kansas City and/or St. Louis will be my closest shows, so depending on what day, I'll be at one of those, unless the timing is really great and we can make it to Austin.

I generally stick with the Northeast, so I'm looking forward to finding out if New York or anywhere else gets two nights this year.

With the European tour being shorter than normal, I don't forsee her doing double nights in the US. Of course, she could always prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessy View Post
    chicago for sure. milwaukee (if she plays there but doubtful).

and for sure Nashville if she plays the ryman. it's on my bucketlist to see a show there
    I saw Tori at the Ryman in 2003 & 2014 (she did God, Virginia, and Hotel in 2003). It was odd being in church pews watching the gal on the balcony twirling her glow sticks during Hotel's techno parts.

I'm not a huge fan of the Ryman. I understand people's appreciation of it for the historical context and all the people that have played there, but the church pews are majorly uncomfortable, and the columns scattered throughout can block your view if you don't have the best seats.