Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The North America NI Tour Discussion Thread - What are your tour plans?

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Being a Seattle boy, I generally catch three shows: the Orpheum Theatre in Vancouver BC (gorgeous theater), the Paramount in Seattle (step down from the Orpheum but nice enough), and the Arlene Schnitzer Hall in Portland (absolutely stunning).

Of these, the Seattle show will virtually always have the most boring set list and the lowest energy performance. She's super consistent on this. She either doesn't like Seattle, or she gets stressed out because it's a pretty big audience (high pressure) relative to the other two. Or she just really loves those other cities. God knows why, but there is a higher than average statistical probability she will play... wait for it... RIBBONS UNDONE!!!

(Okay she's only played it twice in Seattle... but that's like, exactly the same as a million times.)
    Last edited by grapefruit_is_winning; 05-05-2017 at 12:04 AM.

One show wham and bam. Too expensive to see multiple shows for the same artist these days.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    One show wham and bam. Too expensive to see multiple shows for the same artist these days.
    yeah, I have to leave the country to see her sooooo. Hotel + food + tickets = weekend away break with me and the other half, while he sits in the pub and waits for me after the gig. (Pragmatic romanticism, we do it.)

One of my friends here from Germany is living in Portland until the end of the year. So I want to combine a visit with the show there. Would be my first US show :-)

Quote Originally Posted by soignee View Post
    yeah, I have to leave the country to see her sooooo. Hotel + food + tickets = weekend away break with me and the other half, while he sits in the pub and waits for me after the gig. (Pragmatic romanticism, we do it.)
    Yeah, I gotcha. I used to do that sort of thing a lot, too. If she plays my city I'll see her here. Not sure I would travel for a show this time.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDoggy View Post
    One of my friends here from Germany is living in Portland until the end of the year. So I want to combine a visit with the show there. Would be my first US show :-)
    Not sure if you've been there before, but Portland is an AWESOME town.

Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    Of these, the Seattle show will virtually always have the most boring set list and the lowest energy performance. She's super consistent on this. She either doesn't like Seattle
    Hahaha, this funny. In Germany, it's always Munich. I always had the impression she doesn't like it. Setlists are short, no big surprises and she never seems to be in a good mood. Berlin, however is always ace as she repeatedly said it's her favorite place in the world.

Not sure if you've been there before, but Portland is an AWESOME town.
    I did Portland - Seattle - Vancouver - Victoria last year. Really loved all of them, but especially Seattle. :-)

Oh funny! It was a really good show, but the Portland show at the Zoo was my favorite Tori concert ever. I thought the energy was just AMAZING. And I liked the set list quite a bit better.

The thing I remember liking most about Seattle was Bliss. It is really amazing to me what she can do live with Bliss having only a piano

I remember the Bliss solo performance via bootleg from Seattle, vividly. It was amazing.

Oh funny! It was a really good show, but the Portland show at the Zoo was my favorite Tori concert ever. I thought the energy was just AMAZING. And I liked the set list quite a bit better.

The thing I remember liking most about Seattle was Bliss. It is really amazing to me what she can do live with Bliss having only a piano
    I was talking about visiting the cities, not seeing a Tori show. I don't think she did any shows there last year :-P as I said before Portland this year would be my first US show

I'm a sensible girl GirlForPele's Avatar
    Last tour's Philly show was a disappointment for me kinda, but Bliss was definitely a highlight. This tour I'll do Philly and hopefully a NYC show. I wanted to go to a certain NYC show last tour but my boyfriend talked me out of it, and of course it was the show she played Marianne. Needless to say I was miffed with him.
    When pianos try to be guitars...out of my black and white world

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    San Francisco/Oakland hopefully, maybe other California cities if she does something nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDoggy View Post
    I was talking about visiting the cities, not seeing a Tori show. I don't think she did any shows there last year :-P as I said before Portland this year would be my first US show
    Haha! Totally misunderstood. Those are three great cities indeed, and Seattle is my favorite city in the world. The Pacific NW is pretty incredible, if I do say so myself.

Haha! Totally misunderstood. Those are three great cities indeed, and Seattle is my favorite city in the world. The Pacific NW is pretty incredible, if I do say so myself.
    It was amazing. Hope to be able to come back for the tour :-)