Thread: Welcome newbies!

Welcome newbies!

A little bird told me that registration on the forum is now open again after quite some time. The Kate subforum has been kinda sleepy for awhile now, but I thought some of the new posters might want to introduce themselves and tell us a bit about why they enjoy Kate's music.

Also, Happy Katemas!

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Oh yes I'd forgotten. Happy Katemas everybody!

Happy K-mas!!

Hey guys!

I'm happy to be here since I'm following the forum for quite some time now and now I was able to register!

I love love Kate! I discovered Tori when I was 15 (before the release of ADP) and reading about her, of course there was a lot of compairisons (zzzzz...). I watched, like, 2 youtube videos, but the dancing and higher notes was too much to digest and I didn't see the appeal (silly, silly me).

Afterwards, when I was digging Florence, the comparisons started again and I thought of giving her a second chance. Can't say it was nice, again, but because I was SCARED. Literally, The Dreaming (album) scared THE SHIT OUT OF ME. I was living alone at the time and, boy, I couldn't sleep after hearing it. Of course, maybe not the best introduction, but everyone praised it so high it became my first choice.

After the traumatic event (I'm a total chicken, I don't see horror movies etc etc) I spent, again, years without listening to her, until 50 Words for Snow! And then I listened backwards from Aerial. Now The Dreaming (along with Hounds and Aerial) became one of my favorite albums of her.

I still don't listen Get Out of My House at night tho

Ahaha, The Dreaming can be terrifying indeed. Glad to see you here, tolotti.