Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Fetus Talk/The War on Women

Threat level: Bitch in a wheelchair andy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    That was my fault. I'm sorry andy.
    It's all good! No harm done, just wanted to point it out

Tory MP Christopher Chope blocks progress of upskirting bill
    A bill backed by the government that would make the taking of upskirt photographs a criminal offence has been delayed after a single Conservative MP objected to it in the Commons, delaying its progress.

Sir Christopher Chope, the MP for Christchurch since 1997, also used the Commons session on Friday to delay another government-backed bill, which would make it an offence to attack police dogs or horses, or prison officer dogs.

Chope’s actions on the bill to criminalise what is known as upskirting prompted a furious reaction from some of his fellow Tory MPs, and the government promised

Both were among a series of private member’s bills being given their second reading. If no MP disagrees they are passed without a vote and can be given a date for their third reading.

In both cases, when the deputy speaker Lindsay Hoyle read the names of the bills Chope shouted: “Object.” Without sufficient time in the sessions for a proper vote they were both sent back for another attempt on 6 July.
    Before the reading of the bills, another Tory MP, Philip Davies, spoke for two hours without halt. The leader of the Women’s Equality party, Sophie Walker,hinted that Chope could have made himself a political target. “Now looking v closely at Christopher Chope’s constituency of Christchurch, Dorset. If he won’t represent or respect women, there’s one party that will.”
    I hadn't heard of Christopher Chope before Twitter starting tearing him a new one this afternoon but Philip Davies has form for filibustering anything involving womens' rights.

I was shocked to learn that he's your standard bigoted tory dinosaur.

Daily Mail readers react.

I hate everyone.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."