Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Cork, Ireland 06/09/2017

i will guess "take to the sky" as the opener ... uplifting, good energy, small reference to russia.

It won't happen, but I'd like Motormaids as an opener this time.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

After re-reading I can see how you'd think she was talking about an LE song, but I'm thinking it will be a song from most likely an 90s album or early 2000s. I'm thinking Pancake or Juarez (crosses fingers).

I'd like having Reindeer King played more rarely or in some special part inside the show, in its very own, dramatic place during the set. It deserves it. The show opener is important, and during the last years we had some great ones: Give, Shattering Sea, Parasol (unexpected! yet fitting the theme of the album). But then it becomes just less exciting, you don't look anymore for a particular performance when downloading the boots and finally during a show it's just a warm up (if you need one before tori show, for me it's always so surreal I need some time to understand where the hell I am sitting). Simply, I wouldn't like Reindeer King to be overplayed. But if that is the opener tomorrow, I'm still on board!

As I said in the other thread, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Pancake.

At this point, after such a prolific tour as UG, she's probably going to step up her game to surprise us - just as she did with this amazing synth intro Mother Revolution a few days ago in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    Sounds like she's not opening with RK:

''So, sometimes it is forest and trees," she says, "and you see hundreds of songs staring you down and you're just thinking, ok, we need a range – for a first show, of the 'powerhouses' we're having one [she laughs] and then you get a real rustle among them and some of the songs would say to me fine, that's ok, not the first show because you might fall off your stool. So, you get a sense of who wants to come and sometimes it is a choice – you go, "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" and you try it out and if it's going well on that rehearsal day then it's in. If, for some reason, it's not going well you just say "another day" and move on. Some people may find this ruthless but I only had a week's rehearsal with everybody. The first two days are set-up to kind of figure out the show so that's where it is. I think what we're starting with [for this tour] is good because it's not too recent - for sure, it isn't at all – but it's also not just the Little Earthquakes go-to. Because people always ask me for songs from that record for every show but I'm trying to mix it up a bit more."
    Quote Originally Posted by underwater-thing View Post
    That reads almost like a Little Earthquakes song is going to be the opener?
    Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    After re-reading I can see how you'd think she was talking about an LE song, but I'm thinking it will be a song from most likely an 90s album or early 2000s. I'm thinking Pancake or Juarez (crosses fingers).
    She's not talking about the opening song in this quote. She's talking about the initial pool of songs that start the tour. She's mentioned in the past that she has lists of A songs (regular, recurring songs like the opener and closer, I think she's referred to them as pillars before), B songs (songs that are interchangeable and come out less often), C songs (these are "maybe" songs that get worked on as the tour progresses and moved up the list if they go well), and so on. She can't rehearse hundreds of songs at one time so she starts with a small group first. It's why we see the sets get more varied as the tour progresses.

DEEKWARE INDYPENDANTS!!! halo eighteen's Avatar
    That quote really doesn't make it sound like she's going to be playing much from the new album right off the bat, though. Kinda just like last tour.

But where exactly does she say she's not opening with Reindeer King?
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

She said its something not too recent.

ETA: ohhh the SONGS in the set are not too recent, yeah, not specifically about the opener.

This would be a fantastic outfit, I think. Looks like very fashionable, yet still seems to allow her to move in it. These are trousers, right?

Wills: Mother Revolution & Leather
    Wants: Liquid Diamonds & Butterfly

Wills: Cornafalake Gorl & Leather
    Wants: Virginia & New Age
    -time moves both ways-

Currently sat in London Stansted airport waiting on my flight to Cork for tonight's show....I am unreasonably excited for it!

Don't have any expectations for the set list, but would love Rejndeer King because I haven't been able to get it out of my head since it was released.

(Half off-topic question: when are the threads for next week's shows going to be opened?)

I'm guessing Mother Revolution opener. Very timely.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Tashelorette View Post
    (Half off-topic question: when are the threads for next week's shows going to be opened?)
    We're opening things gradually, as the tour advances, just the way we do with every tour in here, so that it won't get too cluttered.