Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Setlist and Reviews for Cork, Ireland 06/09/2017

Could the shorter set be down to a curfew?
    They say you were something in those formative years...

Quote Originally Posted by notherkind View Post
    I think the short show is combination of factors. I don't think she had much time to rehearse this time around. I also think they are working with a lot of new equipment and haven't had the chance to iron stuff out. Apparently she's working with a new keyboard tech. I hope that as she's able to soundcheck some new stuff and iron out the technical stuff (lighting, mixing, keyboards) for other songs the setlists will expand.
    I was reading through some old threads from the UG release, and somewhere there was an interview where Tori said that she hadn't had much rehearsal time before the UG Tour either. I think about a week is pretty standard for her solo tours. Maybe the new synth tripped her up. Or it was just a weird fluke.

And I kinda think we're making a bit much of this. Yeah, the last three songs went south, but the people who were there seems to have enjoyed the show.

Isn't 8:55 a pretty late start for her? The show ended around 10:30 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

Isn't 8:55 a pretty late start for her? The show ended around 10:30 right?
    Yeah, it's possible it just came down to a delay and a curfew. Also, weren't several of the song 6-7 minutes in length? 100 minutes is still a good amount of time.

he's our commander still stuper venus's Avatar
    Anyone find any info on what's in the tour book? I saw on FB that it has the lyrics to Russia and Upside Down 2 in it. So is it just a bigger version of the album booklet? I used to collect them but stopped after 2009 because they stopped being interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by theycallmejosef View Post
    Thanks-- the speed with which people upload these things always blows my mind. Good looks.

For the critics, let's not forget that tour is here, Tori's here and isn't that a lovely thing? I know my life is only better for it. Personally still very grateful and happy to have this season of tour to return to a decade+ later.

The backing track doesn't bother me on iieee, she just needs to play more Bosendorfer during the song. It's begging for the piano.

Her voice sounds fine to me on what I've heard. I quite like the backing track now and then because otherwise a solo piano set can get too same-y.

Also, she's 54 and she's said she is not sure how much longer she can keep doing solo tours. This could literally be her last proper solo tour so I just want to appreciate that and enjoy it and not complain about her voice/the setlist/the background sheets etc.

I definitely do NOT think it is Tori's last tour or solo tour or whatever. If she was thinking of slowing down she would definitely make this public news so we would all travel the world and sell out her shows. She is just feeling a bit blah at the moment. She will be touring until she is in her 80s (as Mark requested when he proposed - seeing her in the garden at 80) and she would let us know if world tours were going to significantly slow down / stop.

She went through a whole "I am a classic car" - "I don't know how much longer I can tour" back in 2007 with ADP. Here we are a decade later. The 2014 tour was AMAZING and NI is shitting all over ADP as an album.
    Robbing the muse...

Well she has mentioned it twice already that I know of in these recent interviews that she can't do it forever. I think she's certainly thinking about it more now than before.

I don't mean because her voice is not up to it, her voice in 2014 was amazing I thought. I think it's more a question of stamina and health issues. I am sure she will keep doing shows here and there but am not sure we will get lengthy solo tours anymore.

I was at the show and it didn't feel short.

Many of the songs were extended with extra repetitions and noodling on the Wurlitzer which I really enjoyed although I lost patience towards the end of the show.

Tori was in good voice and had a lot of the raw energy which was missing the last time I saw her when she toured NOH in Belfast. Yes there were a few bloopers but on the whole it was a solid show. Mother and Little Earthquakes were great but A Sorta Fairytale and Purple People were a bit all over the place.

Now for a rant: I found the behaviour of some of the other fans really off-putting, leaving their seats mid-song to go for drinks/a cigarette or whatever, meaning that everyone seated in the same row had to stand to alllow them out. I had to stand up at least 6 or 7 times and the same thing was happening in almost every row. It totally disrupted my enjoyment of the event. Tori didn't seem to mind though.

Quote Originally Posted by skyscape View Post
    I was at the show and it didn't feel short.

Many of the songs were extended with extra repetitions and noodling on the Wurlitzer which I really enjoyed although I lost patience towards the end of the show.

Tori was in good voice and had a lot of the raw energy which was missing the last time I saw her when she toured NOH in Belfast. Yes there were a few bloopers but on the whole it was a solid show. Mother and Little Earthquakes were great but A Sorta Fairytale and Purple People were a bit all over the place.

Now for a rant: I found the behaviour of some of the other fans really off-putting, leaving their seats mid-song to go for drinks/a cigarette or whatever, meaning that everyone seated in the same row had to stand to alllow them out. I had to stand up at least 6 or 7 times and the same thing was happening in almost every row. It totally disrupted my enjoyment of the event. Tori didn't seem to mind though.
    That happened at the Albert Hall on the last tour, it's so rude.
    They say you were something in those formative years...

It happens whenever I see someone at an outdoor venue like an amphitheater.

I've never seen it in a concert hall, but definitely at club gigs and festivals.

wtf i don't get it, i know it's not a holy mess for everyone and 90 min they've been waiting for for years like in my case, but i find it extremely disrespectful as she's working her ass off on that stage.