Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1705

Thread: Native Invader: your reviews and impressions

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    I thought we were talking about a gay slut's anus!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    He means the end of a cigarette, not a gay person.

Yep, fag-end in the uk is the end of a cigarette, henche tori's pun on taxi ride. I didn't know it wasn't used outside of the uk.
    "If neurotic is wanting two mutually exclusive things at one and the same time, then I'm neurotic as hell. I'll be flying back and forth between one mutually exclusive thing and another for the rest of my days."

Just leaving this here because it seems kind of appropriate...

Did anybody already spin this on vinyl? How's the quality of the sound?
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

It sounds fine based on the casual listen I gave it. The packaging is great - they went with a different paper for the gatefold and it looks really great. Still haven’t actually physically seen either CD version; prior to buying the LP at last week’s show, I just had the digital copy.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

I think it sounds amazing on vinyl, even better than on CD.

This has been a ridiculously hard year for me on a personal level. It seems like every time I see the light at the end of the tunnel, life throws something else at me and I'm in the dark all over again. I'm tearing up just typing this. I am emotionally and physically drained. But this album never fails to give me hope when I put it on. It's like an aural security blanket, and I am so grateful she was able to create such a majestic, comforting world for me to delve into in a time I so desperately need it. She has somehow given me what she gave me with Choirgirl when I was a teenager in a sense—a lifeline of sorts. I am so grateful for her music right now.

For some reason I haven't listened to the album since weeks and can't be bothered with it anymore. I guess I overplayed it.

I had my three-week self imposed hiatus just to build up anticipation for the vinyl, but now I am back to regular rotation and can't put it down. Bats has been particularly listen-worthy recently.

I'm still absolutely indifferent towards this album and whole era, to the point of not even following the live performances or interviews, which I obsessively did with UG. Still not sure why that is I just play Reindeer King and Cloud Riders occasionally, don't remember how the other tracks sound despite playing them multiple times.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Jupiter View Post
    I'm still absolutely indifferent towards this album and whole era, to the point of not even following the live performances or interviews, which I obsessively did with UG. Still not sure why that is I just play Reindeer King and Cloud Riders occasionally, don't remember how the other tracks sound despite playing them multiple times.
    I'm sad for you. This album is water in the desert.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    I'm sad for you. This album is water in the desert.
    This is....such a good way of putting it.,

I still love the album too. The only track that I skip, is UTC. I liked it at first, and I love Tash's voice and the vocals, but it sounds a bit too simplistic to me to be interesting after repeated listens. It has a bit of an eighties Never Ending Story feel to me.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I don't even hate Benjamin so much. I don't mind it, but there's so many stronger tracks on the album. It's a really solid record.