Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1645

Thread: Native Invader: your reviews and impressions

This album has been out for a month now and I love it more with each listen! There isn't a single song that I would remove or change.

Wings is catchy as hell! I love the production on all these songs, but this one is just so cool.

Wildwood is one of her best songs. Without a doubt. Im addicted to it! It's just so easy to listen to. I love the pace and the lyrics are perfect.

Climb hit me hard the first time I heard it, and it still packs a punch for me. It resonates a lot.

Reindeer King is her best opener in a long time.

There are no "Silly" or frivolous songs on this album, for me. That's a first since Scarlets Walk!

^ Yes. I am still in shock with how good this album is.

My husband likes it and we listen to it every other day or so in full (including b-sides). This has not happened since Scarlet. He seems to love and hums along to Reindeer King, Cloud Riders, Breakaway, CLIMB, Mary's Eyes & Upside Down 2 the most.

I am impressed with how strong the songs are on their own and even more together as a cohesive album. It really shows Tori's talent and while different from her earlier work - is up there with her greatest albums for me. She approached this album differently it seems and it worked out very well!
    Robbing the muse...

I still love the album but still think that Bats, Wildwood, Chocolate Song and even Mary's Eyes are the weakest songs. Or rather the ones I'm not bothered about listening to.

On the whole though I think I might listen to this one more often than Scarlet's Walk.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternLad View Post
    I still love the album but still think that Bats, Wildwood, Chocolate Song and even Mary's Eyes are the weakest songs. Or rather the ones I'm not bothered about listening to.

On the whole though I think I might listen to this one more often than Scarlet's Walk.
    Wildwood and Mary’s Eyes are the weakest?! Those are both in my top 5.

I would agree Mary's Eyes is one of the weakest. I finally don't dislike it, and I may grow to love, but it doesn't do much for me.
    Wildwood, though, definitely not a contender for weak.
    Upside Down 2 is the only song I'd consider kicking off, but I don't kick off songs. I'm a purist.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

I think it's interesting and good that we all have different favourites from the album. Her best albums always have this - but most songs are still loved / liked / enjoyed by the listener.

Mary's Eyes is up at the top for me with Reindeer King as the albums best.
    I actually now adore Wings, Bats, Cloud Riders, Breakaway, Wildwood, Climb, Bang... I could go on and list most songs.

I just love that this album has a different feel than what has come before. Like Tori is reinventing herself but still remaining true to herself.
    Robbing the muse...

When I say weak I only mean in the sense that I don’t really ever want to listen to it. Now and then if I am in the right mood I can enjoy it.

Wildwood hasn't clicked with me yet. It's getting a lot of love here, so maybe it just needs more time. (Or maybe it's just not for me; who knows.)

If I had to kick off a song, it'd be Chocolate Song. Those first few lines are pure baby-voice to me and I always skip right over it to get to Bang and Climb.

i need size ten thousand for my ass snowgayngel's Avatar
    I'm kind of in the same camp with Mary's Eyes. It's like, I know that objectively it's a good song but it doesn't do a whole lot for me when I actually listen to it
    "i think lady gaga is immensely entertaining"

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    My favorite part is the melody of "She's a believer/I'm a believer."

I will say however that the song seems sort of "patched together" if that makes any sense. It's not a top favorite of mine, but I never skip it either.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

God I love Chocolate song. I just noticed how cool the production is, especially in the second verse, all the little chirps and blips. I kinda wish there was more of that on the album.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    God I love Chocolate song. I just noticed how cool the production is, especially in the second verse, all the little chirps and blips. I kinda wish there was more of that on the album.
    My husband described Chocolate Song as "sneaky good" and I think he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    My favorite part is the melody of "She's a believer/I'm a believer."

I will say however that the song seems sort of "patched together" if that makes any sense. It's not a top favorite of mine, but I never skip it either.
    That’s what I thought when I first listened to it, but I think that’s more to do with it not having an obvious structure. It’s more like little sections pieced together. The only thing that I think really feels pasted in is the “bring her delight” part, because there’s no build to the orchestrations there, in contrast to the way it built up to the “joy to the world” line. It comes out of nowhere.

I wondered if the disjointed nature of the structure of Marys Eyes was to reflect the nature of her spirit coming and going in bits and pieces remembering a melody of a hymn here a chorus of another later...

Or the different mixed emotions Tori is going through herself...
    "this way, that way, i am of two minds" -sappho
    http://classicpersuasion.org/pw/sappho/index.htm

It doesn't sound disjointed to me as much as it does circular and unresolved, which I think is sort of the point. "What's behind Mary's Eyes" = here are all the things I'm trying, oh that doesn't work, back to the question, try something else, nope that doesn't work, and on and on it goes. I find that part of it devastating.