Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,696 to 1,705 of 1705

Thread: Native Invader: your reviews and impressions

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Bang is one of my absolute favorites, but I kind of hope it doesn't come out this tour because there is no way she's doing it without some sort of backing track like Wings, and this song deserves so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternLad View Post
    Ok, but that´s still not the same as saying she´s not playing it at all when we have had 7 songs from it.
    But per show, most nights the only new song is RK. The most NI songs per show is 3, and she's done that only twice as far as I can remember, so she is hardly playing the new songs.

I seem to be in the minority but I'm really not bothered about hearing live Bang - I imagine the studio version will be better. But I really, really want to hear a stripped back, solo Wildwood with the Rhodes sound on the Nord..

So, although I still think it´s a solid album I only actively want to listen to:

Reindeer King
    Bang
    Climb
    Breakaway
    Russia
    Upside Down 2

Everything else I have to be in the mood for it.

I take breaks from the album but come back to it every few days. I really love it. I sometimes skip Up The Creek or Chocolate Song if I'm not in the mood, but I love both songs.

It's so funny because from initial reviews I was worried about Wildwood, Broken Arrow and Bats... but I adore them all. And Wings! Absolute love.

I really enjoy the sequencing from Wildwood through Mary's Eyes... plus Upside Down 2 and Russia. Perfect B-sides to add to the end...

Most of the songs are up with my most treasured Tori songs / quality Tori from SW and prior. So happy she created this gem of an album. UG is wonderful but this definitely tops it!
    Last edited by Beelust; 11-16-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    Robbing the muse...

One more thing. On the first listens of the album - I skipped Upside Down 2. It sounded simple. I didn't like the reused title. I would skip to Russia. Then I listened and it clicked.

It has become a favourite from the album. She sang it in Toronto and I bawled all the way through. Tori is incredible.
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    I skip it too. I have no problem with the song, and would say that I actually love it. I'm just not usually in the mood for it.
    I also usually start the album on Wings because I'm not always in the mood for RK.
    And I usually end at Benjamin. Again, not usually in the mood for Mary's Eyes, but I no longer dislike it.
    That is exactly the way I listen to NI.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    Bang is one of my absolute favorites, but I kind of hope it doesn't come out this tour because there is no way she's doing it without some sort of backing track like Wings, and this song deserves so much better.

But per show, most nights the only new song is RK. The most NI songs per show is 3, and she's done that only twice as far as I can remember, so she is hardly playing the new songs.
    I feel very grateful that I got Russia and Breakaway at the one show I attended (those are my second and third favorite songs from the album.) I too am a bit disappointed that she hasn't played more tracks from NI.

A Little Dust the new prosecutor's Avatar
    ^ At the risk of beating a dead horse, I conpletely agree with you @Kala. I have to imagine we'll get Benjamin at some point. It seems the easiest of the remaining songs--just her and the piano. I'm guessing Bang will come out in Mesa, but probably just as a one and done. She loves to dole out treats there, plus the immigration message is a good fit for Arizona. I'm holding out hope for Wildwood in California. I think the dreamy vibe would go great with LA.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    She should SOOOOO be playing Benjamin!

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    On a super long flight right now and listening to Native Invader in its entirety for the first time in several weeks.

I don't know if younger me would have loved this album so much, but I really do love it. Bang and Bats are really hitting me right now. I realize I've said it a thousand times but the word I keep coming back to is groovy. There is such a grooviness to this album and it totally works for me. And, most important of all, as I have also said a thousand times, Tori has done something with this album I thought she'd never be able to do again, which is why she became My Queen in the first place: she's made an album that's saying the things that nobody else is saying in popular art. And with such pointed insight. At a time when these things REALLY need to be said.

So i am saying absolutely nothing new here, just reaffirming that I love this album tons and tons. xoxo