Page 124 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124
Results 1,846 to 1,856 of 1856

Thread: Native Invader: your reviews and impressions

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    I cannot get into Wildwood. Everyone seems to love it and it's often one I skip. Bats is also at the bottom for me.

Quote Originally Posted by roominmyheart View Post
    I cannot get into Wildwood. Everyone seems to love it and it's often one I skip. Bats is also at the bottom for me.
    The line "Then reports from the robins form in you an inner radiance. It's as if they're fused with a spirit you knew who's come back again." is one of my favorite Tori lyrics ever. I don't even know why but I freaking love it.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Same on Wildwood. People were OVER THE MOON when it started showing up on the tour, and I was like "huh"? I don't care for it at all.

For a long time I felt exactly the same way about "Bats", then I went through a phase where I was obsessed with it, now I tend to skip it and am not sure how I feel about it.

But I have never once gotten into Wildwood.

I'm indifferent to Wildwood as well (shhhhh don't tell anyone!)

girlfriend, you are so on Octopussy's Avatar
    DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! These are both so quintessentially Tori to me. Everything is on point -- production, melodies, lyrics. Especially the lyrics to Wildwood.

When I first heard Wildwood, it was in the middle of major forest fires here in Oregon and the air was so bad that it was white all day everyday for weeks and the sun was orange. It felt like the apocalypse. The first time I heard the line "The only way to change our fate is to make it rain," I burst into tears. So that formed a major connection for me.

(I think this is the third time I've related that story, so forgive me in the lat two years so forgive me for being a skipping record player.)

Quote Originally Posted by Octopussy View Post
    Reindeer King, Breakaway, Climb and Mary's Eyes... they're literally as good as anything from Earthquakes/Pink/Pele.
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

The combination Bats-Benjamin is boring AF, and I don't really get the hype about Mary's Eyes, I feel it very... calculated.
    I'd put Russia after Climb and replace Upside Down instad of Chocolate song. That's my edit.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Gah I just had a listen to Mary’s Eyes and I can’t get calculated (but then again I would use that word for Curtain Call which other people love so obviously everyone’s different). Shenale absolutely killed it on this song and Reindeer King - he really knows how to elevate her and I’m glad their collaboration has outlasted others. I’m also a sucker for Neil references and Mary’s Eyes is maybe the most extensive Sandman reference in her catalogue.

Mary's Eyes is still my least favorite song on the album. I wouldn't call it calculated at all. If anything I would call it too unstructured.

your veil is quietly becoming none roominmyheart's Avatar
    I love the death midwife part more than the "whats behind mary's eyes" and "joy to the world" parts - they are very specific to what was happening with her mom so sometimes I find it hard to disconnect and relate to it in my own way. The other parts convey the desperation of grief that is pretty universal though so I like that a lot.