Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,761 of 1761

Thread: Native Invader: your reviews and impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I still can't believe this album happened. I mean, Night of Hunters was pretty good, Unrepentant Geraldines was largely hailed as a return to form, at least to the extent to which we could expect at that point in her career. And then bam, 90s quality record.
    Yes yes yes. Completely agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I still can't believe this album happened. I mean, Night of Hunters was pretty good, Unrepentant Geraldines was largely hailed as a return to form, at least to the extent to which we could expect at that point in her career. And then bam, 90s quality record.
    I just hope she can really keep the quality up now! She's left me wanting more. It's such a pleasure wanting to keep going back to the album. Reindeer King pulls me in every time and then the album flows so beautifully that I have to listen to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by gettotexas View Post
    I just hope she can really keep the quality up now! She's left me wanting more. It's such a pleasure wanting to keep going back to the album. Reindeer King pulls me in every time and then the album flows so beautifully that I have to listen to it all.
    I never skip songs from this album because I don't like them. If I skip a song, it's only because I'm not in the mood for it at the moment.
    All I want to be is the very best machine I can be.

Quote Originally Posted by John's Face View Post
    I never skip songs from this album because I don't like them. If I skip a song, it's only because I'm not in the mood for it at the moment.
    Totally get that. The one I'm not always in the mood for is Breakaway. I think the first tracks put me into a certain mindset that Breakaway pulls me out of a bit. I think I may have preferred Climb and Breakaway swapped round in the sequencing in fact. But otherwise I can't fault the sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by gettotexas View Post
    Totally get that. The one I'm not always in the mood for is Breakaway. I think the first tracks put me into a certain mindset that Breakaway pulls me out of a bit. I think I may have preferred Climb and Breakaway swapped round in the sequencing in fact. But otherwise I can't fault the sequence.
    I skip Chocolate Song occasionally. It's between Wildwood and Bang, which are two songs I absolutely love, but "I don't hate you" Chocolate Song. I just wish you in another spot on the album. Just don't know where?

I like putting Chocolate Song after Breakaway. I like the transition from the piano only ballad into the radio beeps and quiet vocal intro of Chocolate Song. Then Wildwood, then Bang.

Reindeer King
    Wings
    Broken Arrow
    Cloud Riders
    Up The Creek
    Breakaway
    Chocolate Song
    Wildwood
    Bang
    Climb
    Bats
    Benjamin