Thread: Top 10 Nicole Kidman

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar

Top 10 Nicole Kidman

Nicole Kidman is on trend right now. Coming off of Lion, Big Little Lies, and Top of the Lake. She has had an incredible year. I think she'll win the Emmy.
    Anywho, I thought it might be cool to do a top 10 fav performance of one actor/actress and who better to start that off with than Nicole. If these aren't successful or are I promise not to flood TV, Film and Theater with top 10 ____________ performances.

SO here are mine with a little reason why here and there.

1.) To Die For - I think it is one of the coolest movies I've ever seen. It's funny but in a way i've never seen in any other film.

2.) Birth - This movie was her most controversial, I think. There is a scene in it where the camera is on her face for like 3 minutes maybe 4 and you can see her entire world falling apart as she considers something to be truthful that she thought was impossible. Again, I've never seen anything like that.. that really works like that in any film by any actress.

3.) Practical Magic - Who doesn't watch this movie every time they see it on cable? It's fun and light and a production that is firing on all cylinders.

4.) The Others - out of all her movies this is the one i've had the least amount of love from other people. I've tried to watch it with family and friends but they never get into it.

5.) The Hours

6.) Rabbit Hole - first film her production company took on, I believe.

7.) Moulin Rouge - The film that came out of nowhere to became an Oscar darling

8.) Fur: Diane Arbus - I don't understand why this movie was panned across almost every critics board.

9.) Big Little Lies - I just can't even talk about how impressive this performance was

10.) The Paper Boy - This is probably not going to be on many lists, which is why I put it at 10
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Oh, I really love this idea. Hopefully, there'll be more threads like this in the future.
    Kidman is one of the greatest actresses working today, so narrowing it down to 10 is a little tricky. Let's see:

01. Birth
    02. The Hours
    03. Stoker
    04. Dogville
    05. Moulin Rouge
    06. The Others
    07. Big Little Lies
    08. To Die For
    09. Rabbit Hole
    10. Eyes Wide Shut
    Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-12-2017 at 11:26 AM.

The Others! Hands down! One of my favorite movies ever. Definitely doesnt get enough recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    Oh, I really love this idea. Hopefully, there'll be more threads like this in the future.
    Kidman is one of the greatest actresses working today, so narrowing it down to 10 is a little tricky. Let's see:

01. Birth
    02. The Hours
    03. Stoker
    04. Dogville
    05. Moulin Rouge
    06. The Others
    07. Big Little Lies
    08. To Die For
    09. Rabbit Hole
    10. Eyes Wide Shut
    Completely forgot Dogville!!! That should be in a my top 10 in place of The Paper Boy

Love her. She's consistently fascinating and a fabulous actress. One of my absolute favorites.

1. Moulin Rouge!
    2. Birth
    3. To Die For
    4. The Hours
    5. Big Little Lies
    6. Margot at the Wedding
    7. The Others
    8. Rabbit Hole
    9. The Paperboy (Not a great film, but she is amazing in it. Plus, we're taking about the performance, not the film)
    10. Portrait of a Lady

I also love her in The Beguiled, Dogville, Eyes Wide Shut, and several others, but you said 10 ...

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar

^ OMG.

Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post
    Love her. She's consistently fascinating and a fabulous actress. One of my absolute favorites.

1. Moulin Rouge!
    2. Birth
    3. To Die For
    4. The Hours
    5. Big Little Lies
    6. Margot at the Wedding
    7. The Others
    8. Rabbit Hole
    9. The Paperboy (Not a great film, but she is amazing in it. Plus, we're taking about the performance, not the film)
    10. Portrait of a Lady

I also love her in The Beguiled, Dogville, Eyes Wide Shut, and several others, but you said 10 ...
    Margot at the Wedding!!! I might watch that sometime soon. I forgot all about it